Here you go folks post results.
    06-11-10 04:24 PM
    Is this any different than the leaked .732 from earlier this week?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-11-10 04:29 PM
    I doubt it I have been running the leak....
    06-11-10 04:39 PM
    Updating right now with the official release...I'll report back in an hour.
    06-11-10 04:43 PM
    Definitely cool that we could do this wirelessly now

So far so good....I didnt have any issues to begin with though so we will see.
    06-11-10 04:46 PM
    How is the battery life on .732 compared to .699?
    06-11-10 04:46 PM
    Doing it OTA. Curious as to how long its taken people?
    06-11-10 04:47 PM
    Doing it OTA. Curious as to how long its taken people?
    so far for me its been 2 hours so far OTA... almost done though
    06-11-10 05:14 PM
    took me almost an hour over wifi little snappier...other than that havent noticed any differences
    06-11-10 05:16 PM
    Oh god, why did i select this. 2 hours! yikes!

Oh wells :P
    06-11-10 05:16 PM
    I think I'm gonna hold off. No problems with .699

06-11-10 05:18 PM
    I agree with no issues - but unfortunately if you experience any in the future, Verizon will not care to justify them until your on the latest software.

Plus I want to use it so I can give the PTT a fair chance.
    06-11-10 05:20 PM
    Anybody? PLEASE let me know if this corrects the alerts issues plaguing 5.0 (i.e. linking to BBM contacts, not allowing you to customize alerts)
    06-11-10 05:21 PM
    I just went to the store and got the phone less than an hour ago and now i gotta wait 2 hours for the update!? lol oh well. I GOT A BOLD!!
    06-11-10 05:36 PM
    Anybody? PLEASE let me know if this corrects the alerts issues plaguing 5.0 (i.e. linking to BBM contacts, not allowing you to customize alerts)
    Not sure what you mean by the linking to BBM Contacts, could you explain.

Also, I was able to add custom alerts and profiles on .699
    06-11-10 05:41 PM
    I'm getting "No updates are available." I've tried Wireless Update on the BB, and also desktop manager.

This may be a dumb question, but I'm in the Mountain Time Zone, they don't release the updates based on where you live do they to spread out the number of people downloading at once?

UPDATE: I'm thinking now that it may because I'm on my company BES and they've blocked updates. Just a thought.
    Last edited by MurrayHR; 06-11-10 at 05:54 PM.
    06-11-10 05:49 PM
    im getting no updates available also, and i am on BES. est time. is there a workaround, i will defintely want BB6 when that is released
    06-11-10 05:58 PM
    It is entirely possible your company's BES admin blocked wireless updates.

You can download and install through Desktop manager if this is the case.
    06-11-10 06:01 PM
    If anyone notices any improvements or decreases in battery life, please share.
    06-11-10 06:07 PM
    yeah, i am stunned that folks will just pop in some random release without knowing what it does.. history has shown that half of these things end up being worse/no better than the one they replace..

mind you, RIM should also publish a change list with these os updates..

I think I'm gonna hold off. No problems with .699

06-11-10 06:09 PM
    yeah, i am stunned that folks will just pop in some random release without knowing what it does.. history has shown that half of these things end up being worse/no better than the one they replace..

mind you, RIM should also publish a change list with these os updates..
    Verizon did, here's a link:

http://support.vzw.com/pdf/system_update/bold.pdf
    06-11-10 06:19 PM
    New to blackberry...can someone tell me how to get the update going. I downloaded the most up to date desktop manager. Thanks.
    06-11-10 06:23 PM
    I wiped my phone and installed the leaked version of this earlier today. When this version leaked I installed it without wiping the phone first and I had a crazy battery drain. I was thinking maybe it was because I didn't wipe it first. I am charging my battery now and am going to see how it goes after it is fully charged. I did notice that the branding version of the leak is different from the official version release. Anyone know/think if that makes a difference? Just curious. .699 is very solid, but if this does what Verizon is advertising, it is good. I am on Sprint, so I removed the Verizon related stuff (although I don't think it will even load to a Sprint phone) all gmail related files, VVM files, and PTT files. I hope it all goes well. I will let you know my results, but in the mean time, can anyone tell me if the leaked version and the official are exactly the same?
    06-11-10 06:28 PM
    All I want to know is if the radio is more stable. That's the only problem I've had

06-11-10 06:33 PM
    If I load this update, will I have to reinstall all my apps and reconnect to BES like I did when I installed hybrids on my 8330?

06-11-10 06:34 PM
235 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD