Just received another Bold in the mail today due to replacement from Tour. First Bold gave error message in DM when attempting to use device switch wizard saying device out of memory....and it would not let me continue with the swap. Now the new device is saying the same thing? Verizon sent me out of new Bold due to this issue and now I am having the very same issue? I have used DM in the past to swap devices and never encountered this issue. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    06-23-10 04:33 PM
    I haven't used the device switch wizard. Have you tried making a backup of the first device and restoring it on the second? That will get all your personal data. You'll have to reinstall your apps.
    06-23-10 04:59 PM
    Try uninstalling and re-installing DM. It may not be the device, it may be DSW that's got the hiccup.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-23-10 05:13 PM
    Are you running the latest version of DM? I didn't have any issues with the swap from a Tour.

06-23-10 05:14 PM
    If you're unable to get squared away with DSW, do a search here for 'how to backup 3rd party apps' and do what JeffH suggested along with restoring your apps from the app backup you created.

06-23-10 05:17 PM
    Thanks guys for the help...I really appreciate it. I did not have any trouble the last time I switched from a tour to another tour but switching from the tour to the bold was giving me an issue. So I updated DM with the latest version and that seem to do the trick. I even called verizon on the first bold and they sent me out a new phone instead of troubleshooting the first phone....if I would have not updated DM who knows how many phones I would have been sent by big red. Weird!

Anyway, thanks again.

Michael
    06-24-10 06:27 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD