This is different. The "Smartphones Talk Free" promo is not the same as the $10 unlimited data as a retention tool. The STF promo is just for the length of the two-year contract when you add a smartphone to the family share plan. The $10 unlimited data is essentially a $20 credit for sticking with Big Red. It does not expire, and you can apparently use it for a BB, WinMO, or Android plan. You have to keep the data on all the family share lines, though. The two plans CAN be combined. I have one smartphone talking free, and all five have the $20 unlimited data credit.
    I think I get that, but didn't you say that you have to have the 1400 minutes plan to qualify for this. In other words, would I qualify with my petty 500 minutes? I'm not beyond calling and telling them that I'm considering leaving vzw to parts unknown if that approach iwll get me a $10 unlimited data plan.
    01-22-11 11:15 PM
    I think I get that, but didn't you say that you have to have the 1400 minutes plan to qualify for this. In other words, would I qualify with my petty 500 minutes? I'm not beyond calling and telling them that I'm considering leaving vzw to parts unknown if that approach iwll get me a $10 unlimited data plan.
    You have to take the 1400 minute plan for the data plan deal, and all of the phones on the family share are required to have the unlimited data to qualify. I do not know if your 500 minute plan will qualify for the STF promo. I had the 700 minute plan when they put on the STF, so I went to the 1400 just to qualify for the data plan deal.

I didn't know that there was a 500 minute family share plan. I might have to look a that. I have two additional lines that I'd like to put on a plan, but the family share plans max at five lines, and I don't qualify for a business account. Maybe I can add my two loose lines and my wife's parents' lines to make another family share plan.
    01-22-11 11:25 PM
    6.0.0.431 just leaked! I'm downloading it now.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-23-11 01:47 AM
    I should be catching up on some sleep, but noooooo. OS addiction keeps me up. Almost done with getting my apps reregistered now though
    01-23-11 02:45 AM
    6.0.0.431 just leaked! I'm downloading it now.

Prince, I'm glad you and Skyboxer don't sleep!!!
    What's nice about the new OS?
    Anything I need?
    I'm gonna load it up now anyway...
    I hear the radio file is the 398.
    01-23-11 07:33 AM
    Lyricidal says this is a complete 431. The reason for the odd packaging is they were able to the files, but not the installer exe, so they zipped up the files themselves. That's why you have to install either 333 or 415 first.

This conflicts with what we were told about the radio being 398. It could be that both 431 and 398 have the same platform number, which means they actually do have the same radio in bothe builds if I understand things correctly.

01-23-11 08:20 AM
    Hi P1nkD1am0nds,

I went to the Bellshare website and found some infro. Here is the link they gave.

BlackBerry App World - BeWeather Free

See if that works for you.
    Mojave, TY again for the link-it worked perfectly I just dwld BeWeather and its currently 12 degrees here break out the footie jammies!
    I clicked you a ty, but idk if it went thru, I ran out of TY power again lol.

I also have a silly question for you guys, after you install an app, do you normally do a batt pull? Or is it not necessary. I've never been "app happy" with my Curve so this is why I have no clue.
    01-23-11 08:47 AM
    Lyricidal says this is a complete 431. The reason for the odd packaging is they were able to the files, but not the installer exe, so they zipped up the files themselves. That's why you have to install either 333 or 415 first.

so, do I understand this correctly? You have to install .333 or .415 on your Bold FIRST, then you can proceed to up it to the .431?
    Prince & sky, please share how the 431 is. I *might* consider installing this (im still kinda chicken-lol). How is the font/column view for browser-is it improved?
    01-23-11 08:51 AM
    I downloaded it last night, I mean this morning, but I haven't installed it yet. I'll load it up shortly. By the way, I have another topic for the Dr. Prince show, "Crackberry insomniacs".

01-23-11 08:54 AM
    Mojave, TY again for the link-it worked perfectly I just dwld BeWeather and its currently 12 degrees here break out the footie jammies!

I also have a silly question for you guys, after you install an app, do you normally do a batt pull? Or is it not necessary. I've never been "app happy" with my Curve so this is why I have no clue.

LMAO! I am very sorry but you are in Alaska and it is 12 degrees, I am here in NY outside the City and it is 7 degrees. Something is just not right about that.
    01-23-11 08:55 AM
    so, do I understand this correctly? You have to install .333 or .415 on your Bold FIRST, then you can proceed to up it to the .431?
    Prince & sky, please share how the 431 is. I *might* consider installing this (im still kinda chicken-lol). How is the font/column view for browser-is it improved?
    Pink,
    You have to install 415 first. Then you install the leak for 431.
    Then you shrink, if you want to.
    Then you install via Apploader.
    It seems faster, smoother than even the last one I was running!
    Lots more files free!
    I start with 304MB after installing all 25 of my apps!!!
    Of course, I need to do my three battery pulls for good measure, but it seems pretty solid. Browser still takes forever....
    01-23-11 08:55 AM
    LMAO! I am very sorry but you are in Alaska and it is 12 degrees, I am here in NY outside the City and it is 7 degrees. Something is just not right about that.
    lol Jimi, I'm not really in Alaska, but with as much SNOW we've been getting it sure feels like it!

01-23-11 09:06 AM
    Pink,
    Lots more files free!
    Of course, I need to do my three battery pulls for good measure, but it seems pretty solid. Browser still takes forever....
    oh your done loading up! ok, so browser still little laggy, how bout column view?

01-23-11 09:08 AM
    No browser improvements that I can see.
    Faster, smoother, nice otherwise.
    Anyone want to start speculating that this is the purportedly suppressed VZW release?
    01-23-11 09:20 AM

Hi P1nk,

You are welcome!! I usually don't do a battery pull after adding a new third party app.....UNLESS......I am having an issue with it.
    01-23-11 09:26 AM
    to clarify, you dont have to have .415 installed on your bold to install this, you only have to have it installed on your computer. And so far there is not much of a difference, but it does seam a little snappier.
    01-23-11 09:36 AM
    Pink,
    Lots more files free!
    Morning jaydee,

Would you keep us posted on this new release that you have d/l. I've been following your "memory loss" and will be curious on how this one will run for you. I am still on good old OS5. I won't be without my themes and I am not having any issues with my 9650. Running smooth and fine. Waiting for theme builder for OS6 to come out. I am also CHICKEN to update my OS to OS6. Never have done one on any of my BB's. Afraid I'll screw up my BB...for I am not sure on how to even do it. I know there are instructions here on CB....but....I feel that I would first need to write down step by step instructions first (senior person here ). Of course....waiting for Verizon to officially release OS6........ Thanks for listening to me (chicken).
    01-23-11 09:37 AM
    I have a problem on 431. The browser not remember my login for CB once I reboot.
    01-23-11 09:50 AM
    You have to take the 1400 minute plan for the data plan deal, and all of the phones on the family share are required to have the unlimited data to qualify. I do not know if your 500 minute plan will qualify for the STF promo. I had the 700 minute plan when they put on the STF, so I went to the 1400 just to qualify for the data plan deal.

I didn't know that there was a 500 minute family share plan. I might have to look a that. I have two additional lines that I'd like to put on a plan, but the family share plans max at five lines, and I don't qualify for a business account. Maybe I can add my two loose lines and my wife's parents' lines to make another family share plan.
    Don't think you can. This is an old plan that they don't offer any longer. I think you would have to take whatever the lowest minute plan they are not offering. It seems as every time there is some special deal they are offering I don't qualify because of the plan I'm on, they always have the minimum minutes set to higher than what I have. I think they are trying to get everyone off of those old plans so they can do away with them, they just can't force you off so they keep trying to entice you off.
    01-23-11 09:56 AM
    Hi P1nk,

You are welcome!! I usually don't do a battery pull after adding a new third party app.....UNLESS......I am having an issue with it.
    ok, that's what I was thinking-if it ain't broke, don't fix it! . Thanks again.

I rarely do batt pulls UNLESS I really have to, or if something has a lil hiccup.

01-23-11 09:57 AM
    Morning jaydee,

Would you keep us posted on this new release that you have d/l. I've been following your "memory loss" and will be curious on how this one will run for you. I am still on good old OS5. I won't be without my themes and I am not having any issues with my 9650. Running smooth and fine. Waiting for theme builder for OS6 to come out. I am also CHICKEN to update my OS to OS6. Never have done one on any of my BB's. Afraid I'll screw up my BB...for I am not sure on how to even do it. I know there are instructions here on CB....but....I feel that I would first need to write down step by step instructions first (senior person here ). Of course....waiting for Verizon to officially release OS6........ Thanks for listening to me (chicken).
    Mojave your not alone, I feel the same as you do I'm a chicken too! We can be the "Ramblin' Chickens" of the group LOL

01-23-11 10:00 AM
    to clarify, you dont have to have .415 installed on your bold to install this, you only have to have it installed on your computer. And so far there is not much of a difference, but it does seam a little snappier.
    ok, this is confusing to me. If you have more than one OS dwld'd to your computer, doesn't that confuse the compt when you need to load an OS to your ph and it will not load anything?? or have I misunderstood something here. Which is very possible considering I've never done this before.

01-23-11 10:07 AM
    I guess I'll check out this new leak. Not expecting any browser changes really. To think column view will magically appear is foolhardy. I seriously doubt we'
    ll ever see that in any six. From what I've been reading on other threads this is a worthwhile upgrade for fluidity, screen transitions and such. The browser is just what it is. End of story. Either we learn to live with it;s short comings or we move on. Guess it's a balancing act between the good and bad, the pluses and minuses. The Bold does have everything else pretty much done right. I just wish we could port over the browser from five. That'd be SWEET
    01-23-11 10:09 AM
    ok, this is confusing to me. If you have more than one OS dwld'd to your computer, doesn't that confuse the compt when you need to load an OS to your ph and it will not load anything?? or have I misunderstood something here. Which is very possible considering I've never done this before.

Yes, you only want a copy of 415 installed on your pc. Remove all others
    To clarify downloaded is ok. Installed is the key here. Only 415 installed then install the leak over it.
    01-23-11 10:12 AM

I have not had any difficulty there, but I have read the same thing; that you want to have just one OS installed in the PC.

In this case, especially, I would not expect a problem, since the 431 supposedly overwrites all the 415 files, thereby leaving just one OS on your computer. It just needs the existing folders and registry structure to be in place since the installer will not write them directly like in a complete release.
    01-23-11 10:12 AM
23,186 ... 362363364365366 ...