Yes, this is my first post on the crackberry forums. Yes, this post will be received with the utmost criticism and skepticism any single person could possibly conjure. I'm fully aware of how "baiting" is received on the internet, and forums are generally pessimistic places. Hopefully by the end of this thread I can convince you that I bring credibility to myself and become a mainstay on this site.

I've been following these forums, and this one in particular, for quite some time. Know that I'm a relatively high ranking Verizon executive, and although I'm not making "the big bucks", I do get wind of information through higher ups and have officially received an e-mail concerning the Tour 2. Most of the prior messages involved production, formatting, changes, and the likes - this e-mail relates to the phones and their future arrival to stores near you.

Since this information hasn't leaked(and probably won't for the next few days), I cannot say much about myself, so I understand any gripes you may have with this OP. Know that I will update this thread faithfully once there is more information out there, as I do love my job and have all the intentions in the world of keeping it right now. The e-mail I'm referring to will be posted in it's entirety(screenshot) once I am certain I cannot be held accountable for this.

The reason why I'm doing this? Well, I think many of us are anxiously awaiting a new and improved Tour, and I've been following the posts in this forum for a long time. Believe it or not, a lot of the rumors on the internet have some real truth to them, and even get out before people of my status here about them. Working in New York puts me well within earshot of the real higher-ups, and have just heard of this fantastic news while out on business in the Southwest.

Speaking on a condition of relative anonymity, I'd like to let you guys know that the Essex is officially in the system. There's not much more I can add other than you should be expecting this phone within the IMMEDIATE future.

I'll try to answer your questions as best I can for now, and again will keep this thread updated as news comes.

-Travis
    Last edited by SauceX; 01-08-10 at 12:41 AM.
    01-08-10 12:37 AM
    Screen cap of the email is cool but a screen cap of the vzw inventory system showing the tour2 listed would be real sweet. It would probably get you a spot on the front page. . You can also email to tip(at)Crackberry.com.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-08-10 12:44 AM
    Screen cap of the email is cool but a screen cap of the vzw inventory system showing the tour2 listed would be real sweet. It would probably get you a spot on the front page.

I'll work on both, I return to the New York area on Monday.
    01-08-10 12:45 AM
    I'll believe it when the phone hits the shelves and is on sale
    01-08-10 12:52 AM
    hmmmm subscribed to this........ question, in your opinion do you think the essex will get more promotion than the original tour did? thanks
    01-08-10 02:29 AM
    I'll believe it when the phone hits the shelves and is on sale
    Co-Sign This^
    01-08-10 02:40 AM
    Excellent news.. Although we will be getting it on Sprint. It already showed up in their system. I have no doubts it will be on Verizon and Sprint pretty soon
    01-08-10 04:27 AM
    good news! Lets get a screen shot of the VZW inventory of Tour 2 like PKcable said!
    01-08-10 05:32 AM

Speaking on a condition of relative anonymity, I'd like to let you guys know that the Essex is officially in the system. There's not much more I can add other than you should be expecting this phone within the IMMEDIATE future.

I'll try to answer your questions as best I can for now, and again will keep this thread updated as news comes.

-Travis
    Great news - thanks for sharing and we're looking forward to your updates on the Tour2. It's good to have a VZW insider on the forums!

And don't worry about all the cynics out there who demand you go to ridiculous lengths to legitimize yourself. Credibility will come over time as the info you provide to the community proves to be accurate.

Thanks again.
    01-08-10 06:21 AM
    Travis -

Thanks for the information and do not, I repeat, do not leave us hanging. The long arm of the law and can reach out and touch you!

J/k.....I wouldn't do that officially.....
    01-08-10 06:21 AM
    Whoooo Hoooo!!!!!!
    01-08-10 06:45 AM
    Oh Lord, you just can't please some people. We've all been here practically begging for updates and real info, and then someone comes along who to me seems highly credible, and once again he gets insulted. Montage, he wrote such a long introduction because of cynics on here like you who demand insane amounts of proof and if it's not or can't be provided, the OP is immediately called a liar and ripped apart. And that's exactly what you did... Yet you still can't understand? Wow.

How in the world does that show he's just trying to gain attention? He won't even release any personal info because he doesn't want to risk his job by giving info like this. For the information he just gave, I'll give him a hundred freaking bags of lolly pops, as I'm sure many of us here would.

How is his post about nothing? He just came out and told us it's coming VERY soon and would keep us updated. Isn't that kind of the WHOLE POINT of this entire board right now, or at least what everyone's wanting to know?
    Even when people come here and give inside information that everyone's begging for, they're ridiculed and insulted. There's just no winning with some people.

I believe him and thanks very much for the info, Travis!

01-08-10 07:45 AM
    Some people just are never satisfied.
    01-08-10 07:56 AM
    What info!

Go back and read the first post. Maybe the light bulb will turn on.....or maybe it will just flicker....I dunno.
    01-08-10 07:57 AM
    What info!

I agree. So many people have started an account and posted stuff like "I am a high up", "I am an insider". Not saying he isn't being truthful but if you really wanted to remain anonymous just send the email (with identifying parts left out) to tips at Crackberry with some new info and we would all see it. Not hard if you don't want attention drawn to you. I don't want 1st born but a picture or something would be nice
    01-08-10 07:59 AM
    Thanks Travis. I for one will be on the look out for your updates!
    01-08-10 08:23 AM
    I'll work on both, I return to the New York area on Monday.
    You guys need to read through all this again and pay attention. The guy said that he only heard the news this morning, and that he would work on those requests when he returns to New York. It would serve you well to give people a chance before cutting them down. Nothing wrong with being a little cautious and not believing wholeheartedly everything you hear of course, but there's also no reason to be dead-set on everything someone says being a lie just because you don't know them and don't have all the proof in front of you. All you guys are gonna do is scare away new people who may have valuable information.
    01-08-10 08:35 AM
    I agree. So many people have started an account and posted stuff like "I am a high up", "I am an insider". Not saying he isn't being truthful but if you really wanted to remain anonymous just send the email (with identifying parts left out) to tips at Crackberry with some new info and we would all see it. Not hard if you don't want attention drawn to you. I don't want 1st born but a picture or something would be nice
    I am certainly not attempting to cut anyone down here but also not believing everything I see. We all want the phone and want the latest and greatest info on when it's coming out.
    01-08-10 08:50 AM
    Not sure if this guy is legit or not, but I do know this. The wife and I are due for a NE2 at the end of January, and we're getting e-mails/texts/snail mail flyers every day from VZW about upgrading early. I don't know if this is normal, but I get the impression they're trying to lower their current inventory in anticipation of something new coming out. Or else get us locked in to one phone (the tour?) so that we'll have to pay full price for something else (the tour2?). Sounds like something they would do.
    01-08-10 09:29 AM
    If you work for VZW and know for a fact that the Essex is coming, then how is this announcement semi-official?
    01-08-10 09:42 AM
    If it turns out to be true, you'll be a hero and get some forum cred. If not, prepare for the wrath.. Us crackberry don't like to be jerked around when it comes to new devices!
    01-08-10 10:10 AM
    If you work for VZW and know for a fact that the Essex is coming, then how is this announcement semi-official?
    Because it's not being officially announced by the actual company or the carrier(s). An employee like him can't just get online and make an "official" announcement that a new phone is being released. At least that's what I would guess what he meant by "semi-official." He's not the head guy so he can't make the official statement. I don't think by saying that he meant "less valid."

If it turns out to be true, you'll be a hero and get some forum cred. If not, prepare for the wrath.. Us crackberry don't like to be jerked around when it comes to new devices!
    I'd say that's a fair statement!
    Last edited by mojo pin; 01-08-10 at 10:55 AM.
    01-08-10 10:14 AM
    Judging by this users post, I trust hes possibly speaking the truth. I couldnt drop a message like that if I tried my hardest. Thats just TOO much Education right there. Great Post Brother and Thank you for the information! Also, Welcome to the CB Forums my friend!

Hi PKCable!!! I havent been around to much lately, been working on music. New Year, New start. Time to get back to my BlackBerry roots!
    01-08-10 10:48 AM
    Anyone else thinking Super Bowl weekend on this one?
    01-08-10 11:00 AM
    Anyone else thinking Super Bowl weekend on this one?
    At the absolute latest. I can't confirm nor deny that, but I'd be at least slightly surprised if it wasn't on shelves by the 30th of January. At the same time, the first week of February does seem reasonable.

To those who want to see more and are inherently negative towards "these" type of posts: Sit tight, and check back here around Monday. I'm a Buffalo Bills fan, so skepticism is almost genetic with me. There's no bad blood here! Hopefully I can erase your doubts in a few days.

To the person who wanted the edited e-mail in fragmented sentences: My original idea was to release the entire letter as soon as I was assured that there would be no legal/corporate trouble in me doing so. Chopping up the e-mail could still turn up a number of doubters, not to mention the fact that since only a handful of people have received this notification, I'd be further incriminating myself for absolutely no reason.

To those who have faith in what I say: Thank you. I do not need to risk my reputation on this, because it is fact and is becoming official. Everyone should keep their eyes and ears open concerning the Essex this weekend - as soon as some information leaks out, I'll be here posting everything I have and ensuring that those who have waited months for the Tour 2 will not have to wait much longer.

Any other questions, throw them down. I appreciate the warm reception!

-Travis
    Last edited by SauceX; 01-08-10 at 11:30 AM.
    01-08-10 11:13 AM
1,256 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD