Twice in the last week since upgrading to .732 I've clicked on the camera icon and instead of the camera coming up, the screen has displayed in super-small letters "RESET" and then the phone reboots itself.

Anyone else having this issue?
    06-17-10 12:58 PM
    i was having that same problem on my storm 2
    however i found the fix clear ur browser of history and everything
    so far that has worked for me
    ill let u kno if it happens again
    06-17-10 01:53 PM
    Thanks, I'll give it a try. It's frustrating when you're ready to take a picture and your phone reboots and you have to stand there for 5 minutes waiting for your phone to come back up.
    06-17-10 02:01 PM
    Bump.

Still having the same issue. I've cleared my browser history (although I don't know why that would affect the camera functionality) and I've reinstalled the OS. I didn't notice the issue until after installing 5.0.0.732.

I've also heard maybe reformatting my media card. It was a card that I used in my Curve previously with no issues.
    06-30-10 10:25 AM
    Does the same thing happen if you set the convenience key to the camera default and press it?
    06-30-10 10:44 AM
    mine has that problem, on a sprint .699
    06-30-10 01:57 PM
    Several times over the weekend while at the Crossroads Concert my camera would just go back to the home screen , ticked me off when you have a good shot and lose it
    06-30-10 02:02 PM
    I've had my bold go to that screen as well, sometimes when opening an app, sometimes when it's just sitting there, haven't been able to track down the reason yet
    06-30-10 02:21 PM
    I just want to chime in and say I have a .699 Sprint Bold and it happened twice today. I thought it may have been after I installed QuickLaunch for the shutter sound mute, but even after uninstalling it, it's still rebooting when I press the camera hardware key. I will try the 'clear browsing history' trick, and maybe backup/format/ my storage card too and see what happens.
    07-02-10 10:44 PM
    noticed this thread discussing the same thing. hopefully the more people we get aware of this, it will be fixed soon!

edit: and found a youtube video hehe
    07-13-10 04:52 PM
    noticed this thread discussing the same thing. hopefully the more people we get aware of this, it will be fixed soon!

Hey folks just an update on this issue. I just hung up w/ VZW tech support and they did confirm RIM is aware of this issue. They see no resolution as of yet, but told me to check back in about a week for an update. He also said at this point it makes no sense to wipe the device and re-install the OS (which I've done twice on 2 separate 9650's already).
    07-14-10 07:36 AM

COMPLETELY unrelated, but what weather app is running on that BB in the Youtube video?
    07-14-10 07:38 AM
    I guess it is time to take more and more pictures with the camera to make sure I don't have this defect? Or do all Bolds (verizon bolds???) have it? Oh, I see some Sprinters, too.
    07-14-10 08:53 AM
    I can go 2-3 days without it happening, and then WAM-O, it'll re-boot. Other times it happens 100% of the times I start the camera. Very random. Reminds me of the old Palm Treo days of long ago where God-forbid you click on the wrong icon, the phone would go into a death freeze that you couldn't get out of unless you pulled the battery.
    07-14-10 08:57 AM
    Well, I take it this issue is still going strong. My 9650 has been doing this for a while and I have yet to find a solution for it. If RIM really does know about it, they aren't in much of a hurry to fix it. Though they are probably resting their hopes in OS 6.
    08-02-10 10:07 AM
    Try OS .810. There are almost always newer releases available, but carriers usually have long release times in between their own releases, not RIM.
    08-02-10 10:27 AM
    Twice in the last week since upgrading to .732 I've clicked on the camera icon and instead of the camera coming up, the screen has displayed in super-small letters "RESET" and then the phone reboots itself.

There is a whole thread dedicated to this issue. Do you have SmartWiFi or any other apps installed on your phone? Many of us who had SmartWiFi found that when we uninstalled teh app our cameras worked perfectly without resetting every time we went to use them.
    08-02-10 10:33 AM

Here is the link to the previous thread: http://forums.crackberry.com/f172/st...-arghh-494289/
    08-02-10 10:35 AM
    Has anyone come up with a remedy to this yet. My new 9650 has the same problem. I also reinstalled the OS and still the phone reboots when I take a picture. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
    [email protected]
    09-07-10 03:15 PM
    Well, it finally happened to me. It was fine after the reboot, but... that's pretty irritating.
    09-07-10 06:28 PM
    Add me to the list...

Was ready to take phone back - ticks you off to grab the phone & lose a great photo while the phone goes into a death spiral & restart.

Yep - I use SmartWiFi.

Verizon 9650
    09-08-10 07:39 AM
    Install the latest operating system listed at the top of all the threads. I'm a newbie so i was a little scared to install an OS that didn't come directly from Verizon, but after following the instructions it turned out great, and the camera issue is gone.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f172/la...-810-a-501802/
    09-08-10 09:32 AM
    Its happened to me many, many times. 10+ times prior to installing smart wifi and 10+ times after. It is really annoying and tech support people won't acknowledge that it is a common problem or offer any fix. Tried using the camera icon and the right key it happens 90%+ of the time no matter how I launch the camera. Very frustrating though it is a good shortcut when I want to reboot....
    09-08-10 10:05 AM
    Well...this happened to me for the first time this weekend...I've only had the phone two weeks...the worst part, I was in a restaurant and THOUGHT I saw Chris Noth...you know..."Mr. Big" from Sex and the City...well..as I got my camera out and began to approach the look-a-like...the damn phone started to re-boot..I almost cried!! Thankfully..it turns out that it was just a look-a- like..thank goodness....I love me some Mr. Big...if I had missed a pic of the real thing ...I would have been on the phone with Verizon THAT night!! I consider that a SERIOUS infraction!! LOL
    09-12-10 04:32 PM
    I think I know what might be causing the problem. I had the same issue with my 9650 running .699. The app called smart wifi was causing my device to reboot almost every time I used the camera. I didn't uninstall it, I just deactivated it, camera works great everytime now!
    09-12-10 06:53 PM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD