Hello --

I recently upgraded to OS6 and I've noticed that everytime I go into somewhere with no service and return to an area with cell service I recieve a blackberry registration email "Your handheld has been registered with the wireless network". I didn't have this issue in the past with OS5. It's a little anoying as I have to go in and out of service all day with my job.

Thoughts? Ideas?
    01-31-11 12:47 PM
    Somehow I don't think it is your device. I suspect that there is something wrong with your registration with the network that is causing this. As much as I hate to say it, I would call CS and have them look in their system and see if they can tell what is causing this to happen.
    01-31-11 01:14 PM
    Well after one call to CS who had me simply re-activate my device by calling *228 -- it appears this did not fix the problem.
    02-02-11 12:33 PM
    Yes i have been having the same issues also. My wife and I both recently upgraded to OS6 and we both have been receiving this message. Sometimes it has happened twice or more in one day. Was wondering if anyone else had this issue and could shed a little guidance as to how to stop it.
    02-02-11 01:47 PM
    I think everybody has this issue.
    02-02-11 02:58 PM
    I'm the origional poster so I'm trying to see if the regisration emails might be related to an issue I have w/ facebook reporting that "you are currently on a serivce plan that does not support this application"? I'm wondering if somethign is wrong w/ my service books? I can't seem to create an account at the verizon BIS site so I'm going to call customer service to see if they can re-send service books.
    02-02-11 03:03 PM
    I have the same issue since OS 6 (up)grade. I do not get FB errors though....

still looking for an answer or a fix.....
    02-03-11 12:04 PM
    Since upgrading (or IMO a downgrade) to OS6, I keep having to search for service, which I didn't have problems with before...so it is NOT really a service area issue at all. If they fix the service area issue then we won't keep having to get Blackberry Registration emails and also receive errors when trying to get onto the internet. This is so frustrating I am about to decide Blackberry is becoming a dinosaur.
    Karen
    02-04-11 12:08 AM
    I dont think its service issue. Granted I am using my 9650 abroad on a GSM network, but its still more or less the same issue. Only difference is that I never get it when going In or Out of service, but I ALWAYS get that message when I restart my device.

Furthermore, not just when I restart, but when the device actually connects to RIM servers, it sends me the registration email.
    02-04-11 12:29 AM
    Subscribing for a fix.
    02-07-11 04:36 PM
    I wonder if this is related to the mobile network setting? I was not getting this problem, then just yesterday I started getting this notification multiple times. I checked my mobile settings, and it was set to 'Global' (which generally has caused me other problems in low-reception areas); I reset it to 1XEV (which maneuver helped with other problems)--if the messages cease and it seems to stick, I'll post again--!
    02-08-11 12:28 AM
    I get this every time I'm roaming globally on a GSM network and connect to it for the first time, reboot, or at other random intervals. I have not seen it on CDMA (1XEV) networks however except after an OS upgrade.
    02-08-11 08:43 AM
    I wonder if this is related to the mobile network setting? I was not getting this problem, then just yesterday I started getting this notification multiple times. I checked my mobile settings, and it was set to 'Global' (which generally has caused me other problems in low-reception areas); I reset it to 1XEV (which maneuver helped with other problems)--if the messages cease and it seems to stick, I'll post again--!
    Bingo -- I work very far underground with an in house AT&T private network. In OS5 I could have my settings set to global and my phone would say SOS (and be connected to the ATT network but not work for anything but 911 calls). It seems in OS6 that when I go from ATT back to verizon I get the notification and the facebook issue I outlined earlier in the thread. When I set the network to 1xev I do not have these issues....not really a fix but it explains the issue.
    02-08-11 09:01 PM
    I too have been having that issue with the constant registration email and occasionally getting the Facebook error message as well. I'm guessing setting it to 1XEV will fix it for me as well but I'm gonna sound like a newb here for a sec.. whats the difference between the Global, 1XEV and GMS/UMTS settings? And which one should work best for me to avoid getting those errors/emails? (I'm in NY/CT USA)
    02-09-11 02:11 AM
    Changing the settings to 1XEV does seem to make it go away but I dont think this is an ideal issue.
    02-09-11 04:07 PM
    I said above I'd re-post if the repeated registration issue went away after changing to 1XEV, so I wanted to do so and confirm that I am no longer receiving this message. As has been said, this isn't ideal (since, e.g., one might actually want to have the handheld on the Global setting), but it does get the phone to behave better.
    02-09-11 04:23 PM
    ^ Thanks for this, I work on a bottom level floor, so coming back into a service area I'm constantly getting smapped with these emails.
    03-06-11 07:20 AM
    Thanks all, finally found this thread. Same issue, only after upgrading to OS6. Changed network settings from Global to 1XEV. Sounds like that will do it. Why does OS6 default to Global?
    07-07-11 03:19 PM
    If you're on a cdma network (Verizon or Sprint) you should keep it on 1XEV unless you're traveling internationally where gsm networks are in use.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-07-11 05:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD