i know the keyboards are slightly different but how about other things like the charging pod and feather cases?

i know no one knows for sure, but i would hate to have to buy all new accessories for the 9650 after i upgrade. from the pics everything looks the same, what do you guys think?
    01-08-10 06:25 AM
    I think most cases will fit. Not sure on charging pod..
    01-08-10 10:12 AM
    The charging pod would be awesome as mine has been on my desk since I returned my tour back in August. Anyway we can research to see if it will work, or does anyone remember reading anything on the specifics?
    01-08-10 10:57 AM
    I think some things might work but then again the trackpad takes up more space which in turns pushes everything else downward without the phone getting longer so maybe only skins and holsters of course will work. I really hope the dock fits both.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-08-10 06:37 PM
    The bottom keys with the spacebar are just a smidge shorter so most cases for the 9630/9650 should be completely interchangeable. They both have the same exact dimensions according to Sal's comparison, just that bottom row is shorter, which shouldn't affect anything.
    01-09-10 12:00 AM
    Yes everything will fit. It's the same phone guys, just with a different tracking system (Pad instead of Ball).

Unless your case has specific cuts for each key on the keyboard and/or placement of keys on the front of the phone, you will be fine.

The back didn't change, sides didn't change, everything will be the same.
    01-09-10 12:51 PM
    Yes everything will fit. It's the same phone guys, just with a different tracking system (Pad instead of Ball).

Unless your case has specific cuts for each key on the keyboard and/or placement of keys on the front of the phone, you will be fine.

The back didn't change, sides didn't change, everything will be the same.
    I agree. I think everything will work just fine. It's almost identical to the 9630. Should be ok.
    01-10-10 01:44 PM
    Thanks for the info, everyone! Since I'm not eligible for my upgrade until the first of March, I was hoping I could start buying some accessories now to make the wait a little easier. I'm such a nerd...
    01-10-10 05:52 PM
    I've heard that they might be moving the usp port for "better typing positioning when typing" but obviously they did that so can make more money on accessories sales. Hopefully its not true though..

If it is true then i wouldn't see why the Tour 1 cases wouldn't fit, just that you would have to take the case off every time you want to connect the usp.
    01-18-10 03:10 PM
    yeah, im ordering an epik case for mine.
    01-18-10 08:47 PM
    well, that bites, just bought my case. Kind of dumb because I don't think RIM has in a hand in most accessorry sales or am i wrong?
    01-18-10 09:56 PM
    Awesome, Ill be upgrading my 9630 to the 9650 then.
    05-02-10 02:08 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD