Can you imagine! They were supposed to offer pre ordering through May 31st but they have pre sold every handset alloted to there 6500 stores already for launch.
    Last edited by Bettermost; 05-27-10 at 04:12 PM.
    05-27-10 04:08 PM
    I believe it. Wait til the sales numbers for this device roll in... The question is how many returns will happen when the iPhone 4th gen comes out.
    05-27-10 04:15 PM
    I believe it. Wait til the sales numbers for this device roll in... The question is how many returns will happen when the iPhone 4th gen comes out.
    And when people figure out if they want to stay with Sprint or not. I would think a good amount of those purchases are for new Sprint users, so we will see what happens.
    05-27-10 04:17 PM
    I dont see the IPhone being competition for the Evo at all. Evo is selling in big numbers because it has right now what no phone will have and thats 4G even though its only offered in limited markets.
    05-27-10 04:19 PM
    Sprint has really upped their network in a LOT of places... and on top of that, they're hiring customer service reps in the states, paying them very well, and training them very well too. They just hired 400 people for the Denver call center a few months back.

Honestly, I can see a good amount of returns on the device when the iPhone comes out... just because its the iPhone...
    05-27-10 04:20 PM
    Can you imagine! They were supposed to offer pre ordering through May 31st but they have pre sold every handset alloted to there 6500 stores already for launch.
    hahahaha thats amazing but not shocking
    05-27-10 04:27 PM
    I dont see the IPhone being competition for the Evo at all. Evo is selling in big numbers because it has right now what no phone will have and thats 4G even though its only offered in limited markets.
    4G that is not available everywhere. It doesn't matter. The phone is for Sprint and Sprint is known to lose tons of customers every quarter and doesn't have the greatest service.

Also take in the fact that updates for HTC Android devices take forever due to HTC having to rework Sense for each new version of Android.

I really don't see how this phone will put a dent in the iPhones sales. We will see when the iPhone sells 1mil+ devices on launch weekend for the 3rd consecutive year.

I would rather have AT&T (at least in my area they are awesome, and Sprint blows) than Sprint.
    05-27-10 04:59 PM
    4G that is not available everywhere. It doesn't matter. The phone is for Sprint and Sprint is known to lose tons of customers every quarter and doesn't have the greatest service.

Also take in the fact that updates for HTC Android devices take forever due to HTC having to rework Sense for each new version of Android.

I really don't see how this phone will put a dent in the iPhones sales. We will see when the iPhone sells 1mil+ devices on launch weekend for the 3rd consecutive year.

I would rather have AT&T (at least in my area they are awesome, and Sprint blows) than Sprint.
    200,000 handsets for just one store chain is a lot of handsets. Thats not including Best Buy and the Sprint stores and Sprint online ordering and all the other Sprint retailers. I think they could easly pass the one million mark the first weekend out.
    05-27-10 05:04 PM
    200,000 handsets for just one store chain is a lot of handsets. Thats not including Best Buy and the Sprint stores and Sprint online ordering and all the other Sprint retailers. I think they could easly pass the one million mark the first weekend out.
    Sure, they probably can. But you are saying the iPhone isn't competition at all to the EVO. That is just a joke.

When the new iPhone comes out we will see. We have only seen leaked ones with no OS on it. Apple puts together great hardware, better than HTC. Plus, it's their hardware and their software = seamless. Almost like the Mac vs PC wars. Apple software works great with their hardware, while Windows software isn't as flawless on all systems.

We will all have to wait and see at this point. The iPhone is going to be announced in the next few weeks, and if iChat is integrated into the OS, that alone will bring me back to the iPhone. I am sure they are going to pull out some more tricks.

No flash doesn't bother me.
    05-27-10 05:16 PM
    All Android phones are toys!! Just kidding. It will eventually be said, I just wanted to be first!
    05-27-10 05:26 PM
    All Android phones are toys!! Just kidding. It will eventually be said, I just wanted to be first!
    IMO they are all "toys"
    05-28-10 04:18 PM
    I think the EVO will sell well but probably not as well as the new iPhone. But I think many people will hold onto their 3G/3GS iPhones because they'll be upgradeable to OS4. I mean the new iPhone will only sell well because it's new and it's an iPhone. The only interesting thing about its new hardware is its processor.

Off topic: Some of you people switch phones so often it's ridiculous.
    Last edited by fearmychickens; 05-28-10 at 05:40 PM.
    05-28-10 05:38 PM
    Where's the source??? I haven't heard about radioshack ending the pre-order early. So a source would be helpful..thanks.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-28-10 09:53 PM
    Where's the source??? I haven't heard about radioshack ending the pre-order early. So a source would be helpful..thanks.

I bet if you call RS they will confirm, mine did earlier. I had to call out of curiosity. Its also true that if they sold more than 4 pre orders and they are not in a mall they open at 6am.
    05-29-10 03:40 AM

I know this isn't 100% definite proof but it's no longer a main topic on their website (it used to be mentioned on the first page about the pre-order and $20 offer.

And when i did a search it only brought up one thing and it says in stores June 4th while supplies last no mention of the $20 accessory offer or the pre-order. So it's likely they are sold out.
    05-29-10 04:50 AM

Ahhh... Radio Shack
    05-29-10 06:30 AM
    I know this isn't 100% definite proof but it's no longer a main topic on their website (it used to be mentioned on the first page about the pre-order and $20 offer.

And when i did a search it only brought up one thing and it says in stores June 4th while supplies last no mention of the $20 accessory offer or the pre-order. So it's likely they are sold out.
    While there was no press release. All over the android forums. Users were turned down for pre-orders. Some Shack employees confirmed that they recieved a message from corp saying they sold out their 200,000 pre-orders.
    05-29-10 11:22 AM
    While there was no press release. All over the android forums. Users were turned down for pre-orders. Some Shack employees confirmed that they recieved a message from corp saying they sold out their 200,000 pre-orders.
    I started to do biz with them for the $20 credit but with Reward Zones and by that time i'll have Premier Silver Status so extra points and then the private event gives another 1000 pts. Guess I gotta stay faithful to Best Buy, so far no news of sell out with them. My hometown is luckily pretty podunk though people don't know about technology lol
    Last edited by ASLgeek; 05-29-10 at 09:57 PM.
    05-29-10 09:54 PM
    Best Buy is sold out... They're taking pre-orders for the next shipment that is set to arrive 5-7 days after launch now.

The two stores I talked to... lets just say that both reps would be astonished if this phone doesn't break a million pre-orders. Both stores said they have never seen a phone with such high demand. So it appears Sprint finally did something right.

They were planning on holding phones for the Premier Silver event but there just isn't any stock... so if you wait til the event, you may be on the THIRD track which is about the 15th of the month.

I am going to place my pre-order tomorrow... The girl is just going to give me a 20 dollar best buy gift card - its the same as 1000 RZ points.
    Last edited by Ethrem; 05-30-10 at 12:47 AM.
    05-30-10 12:45 AM
    Best Buy is sold out... They're taking pre-orders for the next shipment that is set to arrive 5-7 days after launch now.

The two stores I talked to... lets just say that both reps would be astonished if this phone doesn't break a million pre-orders. Both stores said they have never seen a phone with such high demand. So it appears Sprint finally did something right.

They were planning on holding phones for the Premier Silver event but there just isn't any stock... so if you wait til the event, you may be on the THIRD track which is about the 15th of the month.

I am going to place my pre-order tomorrow... The girl is just going to give me a 20 dollar best buy gift card - its the same as 1000 RZ points.
    I'll talk to CS first. I know the Best Buy here and they would never do such a thing just by walking in lol. They just aren't that friendly.

EDIT: Called the local BB and they aren't honoring the 1000 pts or giving any giftcards. Called CS and they said they would still honor this.
    Last edited by ASLgeek; 05-31-10 at 11:03 AM.
    05-31-10 10:23 AM
    I preordered mine at Best Buy since I'm a silver rewards member and I love points! I'm using $20 towards it!

05-31-10 01:13 PM
    I'll talk to CS first. I know the Best Buy here and they would never do such a thing just by walking in lol. They just aren't that friendly.

EDIT: Called the local BB and they aren't honoring the 1000 pts or giving any giftcards. Called CS and they said they would still honor this.
    I pre-ordered over the phone with one of the stores and the girl is going to see what she can do about holding one of the 6 phones they will have for sale on launch for me (yes they're only going to have 6... some stores will have even less) - I am supposed to call her tomorrow.
    06-02-10 02:46 AM
    Great another phone that's going to be sold on fleabay for over $1000
    06-02-10 03:16 AM
    I doubt it. Sprint phones are never expensive on eBay. Even when they're rare.

However the Sprint stores will have a TON of stock... you just don't get the instant rebate benefit and you can't get black tie protection like you can with Best Buy.
    06-02-10 06:47 AM
    I pre-ordered over the phone with one of the stores and the girl is going to see what she can do about holding one of the 6 phones they will have for sale on launch for me (yes they're only going to have 6... some stores will have even less) - I am supposed to call her tomorrow.
    Well I went to the BB the next day and she said they were getting 40 and had sold 35 so far so apparently I was lied to by the other person but she said if they do sell out of the first round it's basically first come first serve so even if you pre-ordered for the second round if you show up on day 1 at store open you get yours and someone else will have to wait. I pre-ordered but I'm still gonna wait or Sunday. I have faith that they will still have em. If not, one quick call to CS when they do have em and I get my 1000pts.

I doubt it. Sprint phones are never expensive on eBay. Even when they're rare.

However the Sprint stores will have a TON of stock... you just don't get the instant rebate benefit and you can't get black tie protection like you can with Best Buy.
    Sprint online has the instant rebate if you don't mind waiting a day to have your phone. Same for wirefly and other places like that. Wirefly is $10 cheaper.
    06-04-10 08:11 AM
30 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD