Thanks for the instructions wade!
    12-08-09 10:19 PM
    Yea Wade I did it through browser since I was at work at the moment. I love how easy it is to update on android, as opposed to bb's 100mb updates...
    12-08-09 10:37 PM
    Just got mine installed. Came across a post on another forum stating that you will need to replace any shortcuts to the gallery. I'm trying to figure out what the difference in the gallery is. Let me know if anyone notices any gallery changes.

I LOVE the new lock screen. Looks classy.
    I didn't see any changes in the gallery but I had to delete my short cut and re add it no idea why.
    12-08-09 10:41 PM
    Yea Wade I did it through browser since I was at work at the moment. I love how easy it is to update on android, as opposed to bb's 100mb updates...
    What got me angry was 2 contradictory members on phandroid, and no one explaining it throro. Crackberry is notorious for having solid FAQs and such, and it was childs play in who got credit or what not on a android specific site.
    12-08-09 10:47 PM
    Ok installed perfectly fine, Not one hang up at all. Did get the Gallery issue when clicked on it said App was not installed so I deleted shortcut and just added it back to main screen and it was fine. So far only big differences is the unlock screen and phones seems to be less laggy and smoother scrolling.....
    12-08-09 11:13 PM
    Ran the update. Loving the smoothness of the device now. Very nice.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-08-09 11:37 PM
    What got me angry was 2 contradictory members on phandroid, and no one explaining it throro. Crackberry is notorious for having solid FAQs and such, and it was childs play in who got credit or what not on a android specific site.
    Yea lol now I'm the one in need of FAQ's lol. I know about BB's but now I have no idea how to do stuff over ADB, as someone figured out how to get SU to run on android so you can have root access directly from phone, so you can use say apps from the marketplace that require root access.
    12-08-09 11:49 PM
    Lovin' it.

Solid performance/fix style update. I do really like the new locked screen. The new text position/style is great, and the slider bar lock/sound is great.
    12-09-09 12:02 AM
    when i install it i changed the file name. do i chaange the whole file name? i follow the reboot steps, but when i choose to install update.zip it acts like it is working but then gives me an error message. am i doing something wrong?
    12-09-09 12:43 AM
    You are the bomb! After a few hiccups (which were all my fault), I was finally able to install the update and it is great! It's amazing how you guys come up with these "work arounds". Definitely a lot easier to update than my Storm (although I wish my Droid had BBM )

Keep hope alive,

Dru
    12-09-09 12:43 AM
    Funny, I found it easier through the Droid browser.. and I was literally killing myself doing it through USB.. yes a lot easier in a nutshell than BB. I just wished they explained it better on android specific sites and not on bleeping crackberry. lol
    when i install it i changed the file name. do i change the whole file name? i follow the reboot steps, but when i choose to install update.zip it acts like it is working but then gives me an error message. am i doing something wrong?
    12-09-09 12:45 AM
    when i install it i changed the file name. do i change the whole file name? i follow the reboot steps, but when i choose to install update.zip it acts like it is working but then gives me an error message. am i doing something wrong?
    Do you place the file in the root of your memory stick? Do you name it as update.zip? Also make sure you are not double naming it, for example if it is just showing the name update, without the extension zip, then you just name it update without adding .zip, as most likely your pc is hiding file extensions.
    12-09-09 12:56 AM
    I downloaded it with my Droid and renamed and moved the file with AndroZip. I had to rename it update.zip. I had read not to include the .zip but that must be if your doing it with your PC. Hope that helps. My camera is a lot snappier, yay!

12-09-09 01:09 AM
    i downloaded androzip and i see that it found the file update.zip, but where do i move it to?
    12-09-09 01:15 AM
    it says E:cant open /cache/recovery/command then E:failed to read footer from/sdcard/udate.zip (is a directory) E:signature verification failed Indtallation aborted. what am i doing wrong?
    12-09-09 01:19 AM
    Move it to the /sdcard main directory. It can't be in an actual folder.

12-09-09 01:26 AM
    this must be the easiest update i have ever done on a smart phone lol
    12-09-09 01:49 AM
    Move it to the /sdcard main directory. It can't be in an actual folder.

what is the original file name? when i download it, it has several files and several directories several folders to go through. is there a specific file that i need to rename?
    12-09-09 01:55 AM
    this must be the easiest update i have ever done on a smart phone lol
    I second that!!

Took me literally 3 minutes.
    12-09-09 01:56 AM
    what is the original file name? when i download it, it has several files and several directories several folders to go through. is there a specific file that i need to rename?
    Downloading it with the Droid the filename for me was file.php and its 10.20MB

The thing I don't understand is my firmware still says 2.0 in the about phone section under settings, but I'm positive its installed. I had about 5 updates in the app store too so everyone be sure and update your apps.
    12-09-09 02:11 AM
    Downloading it with the Droid the filename for me was file.php and its 10.20MB

The thing I don't understand is my firmware still says 2.0 in the about phone section under settings, but I'm positive its installed. I had about 5 updates in the app store too so everyone be sure and update your apps.
    The easiest way to tell, besides looking at your firmware, is if your lock screen has changed.
    12-09-09 02:23 AM
    My lock screen did NOT change but my camera was quicker for sure. I went to the Droid forum and everyone there was talking about the unlock screen too so I downloaded the file from their site and used it instead and BINGO, now I have the different unlock screen. I was afraid to redo the update but "No guts, no glory". Seems to be workin fine now. Man I love this phone!
    12-09-09 02:39 AM
    My lock screen did NOT change but my camera was quicker for sure. I went to the Droid forum and everyone there was talking about the unlock screen there too so I downloaded the file from their site and used it instead and BINGO, now I have the different unlock screen. I was afraid to redo the update but "No guts, no glory". Seems to be workin fine now. Man I love this phone!
    Awesome, glad you got it working!

It is definitely a great phone
    12-09-09 02:40 AM
    Up and running 2.0.1!

A lot smoother. I like the old lock screen better but whatcha gonna do?
    12-09-09 03:49 AM
    Worked perfectly! As a former Storm owner, it was kind of fun to install a "leak"
    12-09-09 07:39 AM
107 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD