Anybody know how to access the MEP mode? Its not the usual M-E-P-D or M-E-P-P-D. Any ideas?
    05-29-07 01:47 PM
    Options - Advanced Options - Sim Card - type MEPD then MEP2

and hey presto.
    05-29-07 04:40 PM
    I tried that...nothing. MEPD does not make the all the stats appear as normal. Have you actually tried it on a curve?
    05-29-07 07:31 PM
    It does work. And as for your question, i have had 4 Curves pass through my hands - so yes.

And everytime it worked for me....

Do a battery pull then try again...
    05-30-07 04:19 PM
    Got it. For some reason, the curve (perhaps just the ATT one) will not show the MEP menu with a non-ATT SIM card. I tried it with an ATT SIM and the menu popped up as usual with MEPD. This is odd, because anyone who buys one locked planning to get it unlocked will not be able to use their non-ATT SIM card while unlocking. Neither does it work without a SIM card. Wierd.
    05-30-07 04:24 PM
    Very true....

Thats why i have given free O2 Pay and Go Sims for people to use...

(See Kevin....good job eh)
    05-30-07 04:32 PM
    Ahhh...so it's the same with the O2 (and presumably vodafone). Good to know. Thanks.
    05-30-07 04:34 PM
    Made this a 'sticky' for the moment. Since we're in the phase of releasing the Curve, am sure we'll get a lot of questions about this...

Thanks to the both of you for the info thus far...
    05-30-07 05:41 PM
    just want to clarify about the SIM card issue. it has been stated that a non "ATT" SIM card will not allow access to the particular menu in question and that an "ATT" SIM card is thus required.

is this exactly the case? what about a "Cingular" SIM card? the switch to ATT&T just happened, so i assume a it was a "Cingular" SIM being used...but as I am not sure...hence the post.

thanks.
    06-01-07 02:53 PM
    I was actually using a Cingular SIM card...I had already made the switch in my head.
    06-01-07 02:56 PM
    thanks. have you actually unlocked it yet? what service did you use? how much?
    06-01-07 03:38 PM
    I am T-Mobile Customer with 8300c, How can I unlock this asap?
    unlockcellpro likes this.
    06-01-07 07:48 PM
    Got it. For some reason, the curve (perhaps just the ATT one) will not show the MEP menu with a non-ATT SIM card. I tried it with an ATT SIM and the menu popped up as usual with MEPD. This is odd, because anyone who buys one locked planning to get it unlocked will not be able to use their non-ATT SIM card while unlocking. Neither does it work without a SIM card. Wierd.
    you mean I can't put my tmobile sim into unlocking att curve, becaus it dont allow it access? unless I get ATT sim, i am correct?
    06-01-07 07:58 PM
    Options - Advanced Options - Sim Card - type MEPD then MEP2

and hey presto.
    hello all
    so my question is, is this all you need to unlock the curve? just get into that menu, then get the code and thats that?
    or does one have to enter that code in a sw in order for it to be unlocked?

i ask since im in central america and ima have to buy the curve on ebay, and i could save some bucks on buying it locked then unlocking myself

is it that simple?
    06-01-07 09:47 PM
    hello all
    so my question is, is this all you need to unlock the curve? just get into that menu, then get the code and thats that?
    or does one have to enter that code in a sw in order for it to be unlocked?

i ask since im in central america and ima have to buy the curve on ebay, and i could save some bucks on buying it locked then unlocking myself

is it that simple?
    Yes...its that simple. Just enter the code that you receive and that's it. You will need a Cingular (or ATT) SIM card in order to bring up the menu. I have them available if you need one.
    06-01-07 10:27 PM
    you mean I can't put my tmobile sim into unlocking att curve, becaus it dont allow it access? unless I get ATT sim, i am correct?
    Correct...you will need a Cingular (or ATT) SIM card in order to access the MEP menu.
    06-01-07 10:28 PM
    well i guess thats that... all i need is to get the phone now...ebays prices are sky high... its crazy... 600$ 700$ T_T... and no respected place sells them with no service plan. thnx!

edit:
    well i edit since no one has replied after my post,

from what i understand in order to get to the menu one has to:

power on | settings | advanced aptions | sim card | type MEPD | type MEP[Alt + 2] (all this with either a cingular or ATT SIM inside)

after this one gets a prompt stating to enter MEP code,
    ...how do we get that code?
    ...is the MEP code randomly generated with the IMEI and PIN number?
    ...is their a way to see the code in the phone itself without the use of software? (like the so called bb_unlock that has a few tutorials in the web, or the blackberry clip sw)

ive been at this all day with no luck on getting the sw's , closest i got was a download page of a site called ucables
    murphydawg80 states this as being simple, however he msut either have the software to generate a code with the IMEI and pin, or he has a list of generic codes from the providers.
    i might as well jsut buy it on ebay already unlocked
    Last edited by schizo; 06-03-07 at 08:25 PM.
    06-02-07 12:59 AM
    does anyone have any updates on getting the code itself off the phone? im looking for the software like crazy
    06-06-07 01:20 AM
    I purchased an AT&T 8300 and went to GSM PhoneSource.com for the unlock code. He charges $19 USD and has the unlock code to you in a matter of hours. I have used his service on several occassions and he is very trustworthy and reliable.

When I received my unlock code, I powered up the Curve with NO SIM installed.

Cingular / AT&T Curve, 8300, 8800

Can be done without a sim card inserted

1. go to settings

2 go to options

3. go to advanced options

4. go to sim card

5. Hold the ALT Key while typing in MEPE ( not case sensitive ) ( you will not see text appear on screen while typing )

6. It will say "Enter Network MEP Code, then you type in the unlock code, press in the trackball to confirm

7. Your phone is now unlocked

Hope this helps
    06-06-07 06:04 PM
    BRILLIANT info!
    06-06-07 06:15 PM
    thnx for the info,
    ive got a guy on ebay that has done unlocking for me in the past, then i got the software needed to do it myself , i doht have the blackberry software to get the code so i just contacted him again... he only charges 19$ as well for the unlock code.
    i really like doing thinks myself
    so my hunt for that software is still on, if all fails, ill jsut try and code one myself

again thanks for the info.
    06-06-07 06:23 PM
    Hi !
    Where can get this code to unlock my new ATT for my T-Mo service ?
    Thanks !
    Gene
    06-07-07 01:32 AM
    Just unlocked my AT&T Curve.... Now up and running on ROGERS. Never had a SIM card in the phone at all, nickp's info above was 100% correct.

BEAUTIFUL
    Last edited by CrackBerry Kevin; 06-08-07 at 09:18 AM.
    06-08-07 09:11 AM
    Apparently Lauch Party and promotional curves require an ATT SIM card to access the MEP menu. Regular curves do not require SIM.
    06-08-07 09:15 AM
    well to update all on this topic
    i was able to get my hands on the software, had to dig real deep in order to get it, however posting the link or name could be illegal since phone companies normally do not accept having people unlock their branded phones.
    bottom line is, in order yo get the unlock code you need:

1: the usb cable that comes in the box
    2. pay 15euros per credit (1 credit = one phone unlock)

best unlocking solution would be:

option 1
    go to your provider, they do have access to unlock the phone for you, most of the times for free.

option 2
    ebay search blackberry xxxx unlock and purchase service through one of them, the lowest ive seen is 17usd, (though you can see some for 20usd, 40usd, 60usd)

i heard of another program that you only need the IMEI number, i havent played around with the one i have since i do not have a password for the credits, but im guessing it would be the same process, 1 credid un code generate with IMEI#.

(no i will not send you the links or program name since this is prob illegal and would not want the forum to be affected by having that posted "thats unless a mods states its O.K. and i dont think they will)
    06-11-07 05:05 PM
1,410 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD