I've been having problems with bb internet to here in Northeast Ohio nothing seems to work i am unable to get on facebook or myspace and it will not load any web pages or only loads half and then just stops.I mean why am i paying for blackberry internet service if i can't use it when is rim going to have reliable internet service that works?This really aggravates me
    11-17-09 11:06 AM
    I think I just learned something about the BB "Internet" web browser..

Why on earth would it require that the BES/BIS server is up? My BB is on BES, and I can't connect to jack any more. App World can't download anything, and the browser can't go to any page.

The question that comes to mind is WHY? If the BB is connecting to the Internet At Large, then it should go through just fine. Indeed, tethering still works. My impression is that the net is still reachable (TCP/IP, etc), but the BB web server doesn't go directly to web sites.. it must go to the BIS server instead.

That's just lame. Where do I get a Real web browser? One that makes a bona-fide TCP/IP connection to the web server I requested, and doesn't use the BB servers at all?
    11-17-09 11:11 AM
    I think I just learned something about the BB "Internet" web browser..

Why on earth would it require that the BES/BIS server is up? My BB is on BES, and I can't connect to jack any more. App World can't download anything, and the browser can't go to any page.

The question that comes to mind is WHY? If the BB is connecting to the Internet At Large, then it should go through just fine. Indeed, tethering still works. My impression is that the net is still reachable (TCP/IP, etc), but the BB web server doesn't go directly to web sites.. it must go to the BIS server instead.

That's just lame. Where do I get a Real web browser? One that makes a bona-fide TCP/IP connection to the web server I requested, and doesn't use the BB servers at all?
    Try Bolt at boltbrowser.com. Pretty sure it does direct IP and it is a decent browser with a couple of quirks.
    11-17-09 11:15 AM
    Ok I see there are people like myself that are still having problems. If I do a battery pull or resend service books will that help at all or do we just sit and wait? thanks
    11-17-09 11:18 AM
    My facebook alerts come thru, but they won't blink up as a new message, bb world will load but won't let me download any programs.. internet is working fine.. this is weird! ugh! so annoying... Im' in cali too
    11-17-09 11:19 AM
    Very Very spotty in Indiana ..... sometimes it works sometimes it doesnt , I mean this is why i have a berry so i can have full internet access at anytime
    11-17-09 11:21 AM
    Ok I see there are people like myself that are still having problems. If I do a battery pull or resend service books will that help at all or do we just sit and wait? thanks
    Sit and wait
    11-17-09 11:23 AM
    Very Very spotty in Indiana ..... sometimes it works sometimes it doesnt , I mean this is why i have a berry so i can have full internet access at anytime
    Ya well sometimes things go down..... It happens, sometimes it happens and most don't even notice unless it goes national....
    11-17-09 11:23 AM
    The data issues with RIM continue. Opera Mini seems to work fine but RIM needs to find the fix for this.
    11-17-09 11:24 AM
    I'm in New England. I had no browser and no Facebook last night. All seems fine today though. Email never had an issue.
    I'm in Maryland, near Washington, D.C., and have still been having problems since last night.

Web pages will load, but it's off an on. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Facebook alerts come through, but I can never load the new item. It always just sits on loading, then times out.

SMS/BBM still work fine.

Email has been coming through, but with a lot of delays.

I have did a battery pull, resent service books, and dialed *22899 more times than I can count. I am really at the end of my rope with this stupid Storm.
    FB, Myspace, Gmail, even Blackberry App World times out for me. I can, very rarely, get my FB app to load, but it's extremely rare. My browser will eventually load but it does take forever. I'm in Tennessee and using AT&T. A lot of my friends have BB's on Sprints network and they're seeing the same issues. Do they know when this will be back up?
    11-17-09 11:25 AM
    Internet is still spotty, mostly down. Any 3rd party apps related to internet also down: Social scope, fb news feed, Bim Active,...

(of course emails, bbm, fb alerts work.. they are data, not internet based)

this is just lame. It's been over 12 hours.
    11-17-09 11:25 AM
    My interent is still a little slow this morning still, is anyone else still having issues?? and can someone advise what can be done to speed up again?? THANKS
    11-17-09 11:28 AM
    In Oregon on ATT. My browser is currently working but intermittent FaceBook. My BBM has been working fine.
    11-17-09 11:36 AM
    Intermittent service in Queens, NY.
    11-17-09 11:39 AM
    In Central PA...still having issues with FB and intermittent issues with other BIS related functions...

This sucks.
    11-17-09 11:48 AM
    ok after further investigating, web works, no facebook, app world, weatherbug, dictionary app etc. grrr bbm, yahoo, are good.
    11-17-09 11:53 AM
    aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! I cant take this no more!!!! West Coast/South LA; Up but slow......
    11-17-09 11:54 AM
    Up & down nation wide/ seems to affect the apps only
    11-17-09 11:56 AM
    Very sporadic data services beginning last night about 5 PM MDT and carrying over into today. Accessing some applications that require a connection to a data server causes my BB Curve 8330 with Sprint to reboot. I'm located in the Denver, CO area.
    Last edited by wardoskier; 11-17-09 at 12:32 PM.
    11-17-09 11:57 AM
    I see no one pay attn to your thread, i see about 20 threads out there already...............lolol
    11-17-09 11:59 AM
    On Sprint's Tour and in the Los Angeles area, for things that does work: SMS, E-mails, opera mini, bb browser, ubertwitter, bbm (though if I'm typing to someone that is having problems, there's always that chance), google maps, sprint navigation and iheartradio. Things that don't work: Sprint TV, possibly MMS (not sure, haven't tried and no one has sent me anything)
    11-17-09 12:03 PM
    Yeah apps + browser for me. According to VZW RIM still has a response team working on the browser issue. We shall see.
    11-17-09 12:07 PM
    BIS not working, app world not working, browser sporadic, but pandora works. Omaha, NE. Haven't got any BBM's today so I doubt that's working either... TOUR w/VZW

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-17-09 12:09 PM
336 ... 910111213 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD