After a few days of frustration it dawns on me that I'm not getting data pushed while I'm at work. I can't update PRL while I'm at work as well, so for 8+ hours a day I'm pretty much using a BlackBerry-made dumbphone. I can initiate data usage but anything that's inbound is iffy at best. Battery pulls are useless for this, the problem persists so all a battery pull does is drain power. I originally thought it was related to the data outages being reported, until I realized that it's confined to the exact hours I'm on the clock; and at work I have a full signal no matter where I go in the building. I'm at a loss for a remedy.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-26-10 05:52 PM
    Does your signal read 1XEV or 1xev at work? Or 1X? Do you work inside a concrete building? What OS are you running?

08-27-10 05:51 AM
    Does your signal read 1XEV or 1xev at work? Or 1X? Do you work inside a concrete building? What OS are you running?

Full 3g most of the time, occasionally drops a couple bars; concrete building yes; and a hybrid OS on .713 base, have had this one for about a month and no issue till now.

08-27-10 05:56 AM
    Im Experiencing problems with my BIS at this moment, i can get texts but no internet is working and some apps that use data arent working. is there a BIS outage that we are in aware of??
    08-27-10 08:20 AM
    3g with a lowercase g? the lowercase means no connection to RIM which means no push, no RIM data.
    08-27-10 08:24 AM
    i cant even get internet access when im connected to my WiFi at home. and mine has an uppercase G so its showing connected. but still no access to my email settings or internet access

ok well i just got an email, but still cant get to websites. or even to the download page for the new version of my verizon app.. whats going on here???
    Last edited by mrmaaaan; 08-27-10 at 08:31 AM.
    08-27-10 08:26 AM
    i can get BBM & text messages, but not able to get on the internet or use apps with data as well...is there an outage??
    08-27-10 08:37 AM
    All crystal clear here in Hopkins, MN.

Thnx, �Tripster�

08-27-10 08:45 AM
    I currently am experiencing very intermittent internet functionality on VZW BIS in Midland, MI but seemingly functional email and BBM.

08-27-10 09:59 AM
    Intermittent BIS issues here in CT too.
    08-27-10 10:05 AM
    I am having issues in Huntsville, AL. Storm shows 1XEV but no email, web, twitter, facebook, etc. No data at all. It has been down here all morning.
    08-27-10 10:07 AM
    i'm just now haveing some issues but just with my browser. i tested my emails and they are fine. anyone else getting this?
    08-27-10 10:13 AM
    We were just informed by our Tech department that there is a blackberry outage. I called in because we couldnt get a new Bold to activate any data services for a customer. They did not give us an ETA of when the issue would be corrected. Just a waiting game at this point.
    08-27-10 10:28 AM
    Moving thread to Service Outages Forum I'm in our Archives today so I couldn't tell you if I'm having trouble, cause I got no signal 2 stories underground! (sub basement) Anyways come to think of it I WAS trying to check a CB trouble report this morning before I arrived and it wasn't connecting which I attributed to a glitch OR to someone having already deleted or in the process of deleting the post, BUT maybe it was the outage??? HOWEVER I was BBMing like a champ all morning.

We were just informed by our Tech department that there is a blackberry outage. I called in because we couldnt get a new Bold to activate any data services for a customer. They did not give us an ETA of when the issue would be corrected. Just a waiting game at this point.
    Thanks for the heads up! I adjusted the thread title to give a few more details about the outage. Did they say if other carriers were also being effected? Does anyone know? Any one for other carriers out there care to chime in?
    08-27-10 10:50 AM
    Confirmed other carriers includinf Canandian Carriers also effected.
    08-27-10 11:08 AM
    Been up and running with not one single hiccup, here is what I'm working with...Hopkins, MN/VZW.

I am quite amazed that others in Minnesota haven't come forward to announce if they are all good too, I seriously would love to know if they are.

Thnx, �Tripster�

08-27-10 11:15 AM
    08-27-10 11:49 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD