Here is a simple L Theme that I have been working on. It allows you to add several more icons to your home screen but still see most of your wallpaper. The stock theme comes with all black screens but you can change your wallpaper/lock screen. The default font was used to allow for user size changes.
    There are screen transitions for the 5.0 version. The front wallpaper is the stock wallpaper allowing you to add your own. For the weather slot use app slot 10

__
    OTA Download only right now - PM me if you would like the .zip for desktop

UPDATED 1.1 VERSIONS
    I tested this theme for several days and it appears as though now the weather icon WILL update (please let me know if it doesn't)

Simple L W/Weather 1.1 5.0

Simple L W/Weather 1.1 4.6
    Simple L NO WEATHER 5.0
    ____

ORIGINAL VERSION:
    5.0 VERSIONS
    Simple L Theme
    Simple L w/weather
    Simple Right Side L (no weather slot)

4.6 VERSIONS
    Simple L Theme 4.6
    Simple L w/weather 4.6
    Simple Right L 4.6 (no weather)

Enjoy and please let me know if there is anything that could be changed.

Last edited by RaidersFan17; 02-12-10 at 02:55 PM. Reason: Version 1.1 added
    01-28-10 10:27 AM
    Downloaded to my card but would not load. Says its looking for a cod file?? How do you get it over the air???
    01-28-10 11:41 AM
    to get it OTA just visit this page from your BB and then click on the link. It should automatically take you to the download page.
    01-28-10 11:53 AM
    It's cool, works great on my Berry, thank you
    01-28-10 12:00 PM
    What slot would be used for the weather????? Thanks......
    01-28-10 12:42 PM
    oops! Weather would be the 10th slot
    01-28-10 12:44 PM
    its nice, simplicity to the max makes it great
    01-28-10 03:01 PM
    Thank you so much for this theme! I have this activated on my phone right now and it looks like its going to stay on my phone for a very long time. Thanks!
    Quick question... how hard is it to put a different background picture on the theme? If its no trouble at all and it takes a matter of minutes then can you put this wallpaper (Image - TinyPic - Free Image Hosting, Photo Sharing & Video Hosting) up for all the backgrounds please, like for the app menu, media menu, call screen, etc. That way it will remain nice and simple and it will compliment any homescreen wallpaper I put up. If its possible I would love it for 5.0 VERSIONS Simple L w/ Weather
    Thank you if you can, and if you cant, thank you anyway for giving us a great theme!
    Last edited by skribbler; 01-29-10 at 05:35 AM.
    01-29-10 05:29 AM
    Thank you so much for this theme! I have this activated on my phone right now and it looks like its going to stay on my phone for a very long time. Thanks!
    Quick question... how hard is it to put a different background picture on the theme? If its no trouble at all and it takes a matter of minutes then can you put this wallpaper (Image - TinyPic - Free Image Hosting, Photo Sharing & Video Hosting) up for all the backgrounds please, like for the app menu, media menu, call screen, etc. That way it will remain nice and simple and it will compliment any homescreen wallpaper I put up. If its possible I would love it for 5.0 VERSIONS Simple L w/ Weather
    Thank you if you can, and if you cant, thank you anyway for giving us a great theme!
    here you go:
    Simple L w/Weather custom black background
    01-29-10 09:08 AM
    Looking good - thank you :-)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-29-10 09:15 AM
    Love the theme. Best "L" theme out there. A few quick questions.

1. When I have an incoming call, the caller's name is skewed slightly to the left, and the callers number is skewed slightly to the right (not a big deal, just looks odd)

2. When I am placing a call, or I am on a call, the information part of the screen is blank, with just the background showing. Nothing else. No caller information or number dialed.

3. The icons on my home screen will not update. For example, the weather icon and my Google Voice icons.

I am a 8530 owner with the 5.0 OS.

Thanks!
    01-29-10 01:24 PM
    Love the theme. Best "L" theme out there. A few quick questions.

1. When I have an incoming call, the caller's name is skewed slightly to the left, and the callers number is skewed slightly to the right (not a big deal, just looks odd)

2. When I am placing a call, or I am on a call, the information part of the screen is blank, with just the background showing. Nothing else. No caller information or number dialed.

3. The icons on my home screen will not update. For example, the weather icon and my Google Voice icons.

I am a 8530 owner with the 5.0 OS.

Thanks!
    There is no alignment feature for the phone screen but I will continue to look into how to align them better, thanks for the info.

I am not getting the blank screen that you describe for calls, my caller information shows up. Could you send me a screen capture of it?

My weather icon seems to be updating just fine, maybe try a battery pull? I will definitely look into it though.

Thanks for your feedback!
    01-29-10 02:04 PM
    Thanks. The last question I have with it, it how some of the pop-up buttons do not show the dialogue, just a "...". Pretty sure this is because of the bigger text. I will work on getting a screen shot for you.
    01-29-10 02:26 PM
    Below is the link to the screen I am getting when dialing out, or when connected during a call.

Have tried a battery pull, and will keep an eye to see if there are any changes to the icons on the home screen. Could it be an OS thing? My mail, and SMS icons update normally, but not my weather and Google Voice.

Thanks.
    01-29-10 02:52 PM
    OK, I did a battery pull, and here is what I got. My home screen:

My App Menu:

The difference is in the WeatherEye app in the screenshots, but I think the same problem will persist with my other apps that have updating icons. The only ones that are seeming to work are the native icons like Messages and SMS/MMS.
    01-29-10 03:54 PM
    WOW!! thank you so so so much! I finally have my perfect theme!... Now I can be happy! Thank you so much for the new black background, it goes perfect with my homescreen wallpaper. You'r truly the best!
    01-29-10 04:58 PM
    Here is an example of the dropdown tab with an incomplete name. You can see it in the upper right hand corner:

01-30-10 11:23 AM
    Raiders - A few questions for you..

What weather app are you using and is that the best for your theme ? I want something thin and not cpu intense that works in slot 10 for your theme which is awesome I must say.

Is there a way to turn off the transitions or change them to what I want ?? They are fun but dizzying sometimes..

Thanks
    CRaig
    01-30-10 12:52 PM
    Raiders - A few questions for you..

What weather app are you using and is that the best for your theme ? I want something thin and not cpu intense that works in slot 10 for your theme which is awesome I must say.

Is there a way to turn off the transitions or change them to what I want ?? They are fun but dizzying sometimes..

Thanks
    CRaig
    If your on O.S 5 (which I assume you are because you mentioned the transitions) I think the simplest way to avoid the transitions of the O.S 5 version of the theme is to install the O.S 4.6 version instead. I think that should do the trick! By the way, changing transitions within your blackberry wont be possible.
    Last edited by skribbler; 01-30-10 at 03:01 PM.
    01-30-10 02:58 PM
    This theme is really really nice.. The only issue is the drop downs as gotars mentions above..All drop downs fonts are too big and you cant read them..

If you can get that fixed up , its awesome..

I also noticed another little bug.. The fifth icon position goes to the 6th and the 6th goes to the 5th ?? No idea why ?? Makes setting up the apps a lil confusion for a second
    01-30-10 03:41 PM
    oh yes, when dialing text info is pushed to the right..
    01-30-10 04:11 PM
    could i bother u with a zip download please?

cheers
    01-30-10 05:12 PM
    Version 1.1 uploaded. This version should fix all the text box errors and the weather icons should update appropriately. The 4.6 version does not have transitions for those who wish to not have them.

Comments and suggestions welcomed!
    02-04-10 02:51 PM
    Thank you so much for the fixes.. I downloaded 1.1 and its looking much much better..

text boxes are great..

Weather I am testing now..

I noticed the transitions are not as cool as 1.0.. It only scrolls down from the top.. You had like 3-4 different random transitions in the 1.0 but this only has 1.. What are the transition options you can put in and is there a way to make then user accessible ?

I have to tell you that as this theme grows, this could easily be the best theme out there.. If there is anything i can do to help let me know..

I have a ton of Blackberry's.. All my employees, all my friends etc.. We have Tours, 8530's and still some 8330's.. if we can help you test that would be great..

Also, I was wondering maybe about super cool customer icons ? Is that something your thinking about doing ? It would be so cool to have a freeware theme that is better than all the pay themes out there and you are on your way..

Thanks
    Craig
    02-05-10 02:03 AM
    I have to tell you that as this theme grows, this could easily be the best theme out there.
    I second that.
    02-05-10 04:44 AM
63 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD