Free Today Preview w/ Slot for the 85XX(OS5)

*UPDATE* This theme has been updated and is labeled http://forums.crackberry.com/f154/dr...ations-424602/.

Please leave comments.

OTA link for 85XX-drew02 if you have a "Data Plan".

Donations help to keep my wife off my back for all the time I'm spending on themes.

*Added 2/12/2010*
    Created the same theme without the weather slot.
    OTA link for 85XX-drew02nws if you have a "Data Plan".

Other Themes I've done:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f154/fr...30-os5-418981/
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f126/2-...-4-5-a-307255/
    Last edited by D.R.e.W; 06-04-14 at 01:42 PM. Reason: Remove dead image links 2014-06-04
    02-11-10 03:49 PM
    Its pretty cool
    Home screen seems a smidgen cluttered but not bad.
    The one thing that bugs me is that the text stays next to the weather icon but also appears above the bottom dock when you select it.
    02-11-10 04:16 PM
    Can you do one like this but with the Verizon icons that you previously did for the 8300, but for the 8500?
    02-11-10 04:30 PM
    I agree that the homescreen seems a little cluttered, but it still looks like a great theme. Only reason I wouldn't jump at this one is because of the red highlights (personal preference). Great job & thanks for sharing!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-11-10 05:11 PM
    I like this theme, I do think something should be done about the weather spot text, or make it optional. I personally like the red accents. Also, not sure if its me or not, but the theme seems a tad bit slow at times. Not sure why though.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    02-11-10 06:55 PM
    It sure does look good, il have to test it out to know if it truly is!

*EDIT, 10 MINUTES LATER* Its a very good theme! I can tell you spent a while on it. From the minute I activated it and exited to the home screen I was amazed. The weather icon sits right were I want it to sit, plus it has text next to it on the left which is a bonus. I know alot of people may not like that but it fits perfectly for me! When scrolling past the today calender it does not slow down the scroll flow, if that makes sense lol. Usualy on some themes the scroll will jump after going past a today calender, but this one does not. I like what you did with the red outline on the selected icon, and as you scroll the box flashes...nice touch! The home menu does seem kind of cluttered on the pictures you have posted up of the theme, but I must say that is not the case when you actually have it activated on the phone. The home menu actually looks clean, clear and fresh. I like how the menu list comes in sideways rather that the usual up. All in all I think its a premium theme that has been generously given to us for free. Thanks... good job!

*2nd EDIT* Just an idea... Is it possible to give the today calender text a background when it pops up? Something like the background the icons have. It would be great for people who use white/light wallpapers.
    Last edited by skribbler; 02-11-10 at 09:26 PM.
    02-11-10 07:24 PM
    Its pretty cool
    Home screen seems a smidgen cluttered but not bad.
    The one thing that bugs me is that the text stays next to the weather icon but also appears above the bottom dock when you select it.
    I jammed in 7 icons at the bottom because I like not having to go to the Application screen to get to my most used programs.
    My thought for the Weather icon was that the icon by its self mean nothing, this way you don't have to scroll to it to get it's information.
    Thank you very much for you comments.
    02-11-10 09:57 PM
    Can you do one like this but with the Verizon icons that you previously did for the 8300, but for the 8500?
    Hi again Jen, I'm slowing working on resizing the icons for that. Maybe within the next month. One problem is the the 4.6 OS icons don't replace all the icons in 5.0 OS. For example, the 5.0 OS has a sound profile called Medium. There's no replacement icon for that.
    02-11-10 10:04 PM
    I like this theme, I do think something should be done about the weather spot text, or make it optional. I personally like the red accents. Also, not sure if its me or not, but the theme seems a tad bit slow at times. Not sure why though.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    The text for the weather icon is easily removed if you'd like.
    One thing that slows all the themes down are the new transitions. They look pretty and people are impressed by them but they add a second to everything you do.

Also, try cleaning out your mail. If you're hiding your sent items as most people do, you could have hundreds of out going emails on your phone and you don't even know it. This will lag the phone alot. When in the mail application hit alt+O. Goto the first sent email, hold the shift key and scroll down. Once you've reached the bottom, hit delete.

Thanx for the comments
    02-11-10 10:15 PM
    Thanks so much... This is an awesome theme!! I love it !!

Ps. Is it possible to have another one without the weather slot?
    Thanks again
    02-11-10 11:46 PM
    Can you put one out for OS 4.6???

02-11-10 11:55 PM
    Just noticed something, BerryWeather isn't updating the home screen icon with this theme. I notice CB2 does the same thing. Possibly has something to do with the way 5.0 themes work...

02-12-10 02:08 AM
    Another bug I found in this theme is that I can't seem to browse the file in my memory card. In media home there's no option for "explore" , anyone with the same problem?
    02-12-10 08:12 AM
    *2nd EDIT* Just an idea... Is it possible to give the today calender text a background when it pops up? Something like the background the icons have. It would be great for people who use white/light wallpapers.
    I had the same thought. Theme Builder doesn't provide an option for that. That may take more detail customizing in Composer that I had tried yet.
    02-12-10 09:03 AM
    Just noticed something, BerryWeather isn't updating the home screen icon with this theme. I notice CB2 does the same thing. Possibly has something to do with the way 5.0 themes work...
    I've been using WeatherBug without issues so far.
    02-12-10 09:04 AM
    Thanks so much... This is an awesome theme!! I love it !!

Ps. Is it possible to have another one without the weather slot?
    Thanks again
    Thanx, yeah that's an easy one. I'll post one shortly.
    02-12-10 09:06 AM
    Another bug I found in this theme is that I can't seem to browse the file in my memory card. In media home there's no option for "explore" , anyone with the same problem?
    Yeah, I have that same issue. That sucks. I'll see what I can find. Thanx.

*EDIT* A quick fix for this is the "Files" application in the "Applictions" Folder. I now it's not the way we're use to doing it but it works the same way.
    Last edited by rastahl; 02-12-10 at 09:20 AM. Reason: Update
    02-12-10 09:07 AM
    It would be nice to have a background for the today text when scrolling on the calender
    02-12-10 11:02 AM
    It would be nice to have a background for the today text when scrolling on the calender
    This Theme doesn't let you scroll into the Calender area. To get into the Calender, you would simply click the icon that you're on that opened the preview in the first place. My previous theme had a stationary Calender on the Home Screen that is scrollable.

Thanx
    02-12-10 11:56 AM
    I've been using WeatherBug without issues so far.
    I think it's BerryWeather's problem and OS 5.0.
    02-12-10 01:08 PM
    This Theme doesn't let you scroll into the Calender area. To get into the Calender, you would simply click the icon that you're on that opened the preview in the first place. My previous theme had a stationary Calender on the Home Screen that is scrollable.

Thanx
    Oh, I dont think I made myself clear on what I ment, sorry. When you highlight the calender icon on the homescreen the today text pops up, I know it is not scrollable. What I ment was the text would stand out more if a background appeared behind it. The same kind of transperancy as the squares behind the homescreen icons or darker if possible. It was just a thought. Thanks for the wonderful theme though.
    02-12-10 06:32 PM
    Thank you rastahl !! Keep up the good work !!!!
    02-12-10 11:22 PM
    great theme!! thanks for the hard work...btw BB weather works great with your theme...berryweather is nice looking and all but they just take your money...reeeeeeeaaaaalllly bad CS
    02-13-10 07:19 AM
    Just put it on my 8530 and love it.

Hope you still improve upon such a good fondation.

Slider dock would be cool.

Thanks again!

Tim
    02-13-10 09:35 PM
    I don't know if this would be more work than you are willing to do (and still have this be free), but I would love this theme is everything that is currently in RED was done in light to medium PINK.

Can you message me directly if that's something you would be willing to do? I might not see your response anytime soon on this thread. Thanks!
    02-13-10 11:25 PM
63 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD