I just got an 8330, and coming from a Q, i was used to seeing my appointments, etc., so I used the Dimension Today theme and it was great, but in the last few days it won't display upcoming appointments. Anyone else run into this? I've turned it off and on a couple times to no avail. My reminders still go off, so I know the calendar itself is working, but I need to see what's coming up.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks,
    Mike
    06-18-08 01:11 PM
    Hmmm, does your calendar have all your email addresses separated? If so, that is the issue. I am running 4.5.0.42 and when I try a today theme, the calendar will only show events for the default email address. This is likely because the 4.2.XX OS just had 1 calendar, not separate ones for each email address. Really annoying!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-18-08 01:33 PM
    Thanks, I just checked and sure enough it shows four separate calendars, and only one with events, but that one is the default e-mail address, and still not showing. What gives?
    06-18-08 02:25 PM
    Maybe it's not my default address, how do I set default e-mail address?
    06-18-08 02:30 PM
    Try re-sending your service books. Sometimes this cures it.

If that does not work then do a full Backup with Desktop Manager and delete the Calendar Options database on the phone AFTER you have done the backup. You can only see the database to Clear it after you have done the Backup.
    06-18-08 02:31 PM
    Try re-sending your service books. Sometimes this cures it.

If that does not work then do a full Backup with Desktop Manager and delete the Calendar Options database on the phone AFTER you have done the backup. You can only see the database to Clear it after you have done the Backup.
    Where would I see this database?
    06-18-08 02:42 PM
    Just tried a battery pull. Cured it. I've only had this phone since 06/09/2008, are pulls common and needed? The only programs I've added are Google Maps and Search and Windows Live Search. Coming from the Q I'm used to killing programs, so I'm not leaving anything running. This thing has still been more stable than the Q, but I'm a little disappointed with this today. Don't get me wrong, I'm loving the Cure, and love it a little more every time I find new shortcuts and features.
    06-18-08 03:03 PM
    I am a MotoQ to Crackberry convert. I love the Today Theme, mainly for the calendar events being displayed. I too was having an issue with events not properly displaying on the home screen. After much frustration, backing up and wiping my phone, and numberous calls to BB support... I finally noticed something.

The events on the home screen displayed properly after I wiped my phone and reinstalled everything. THEN... I relinked my email accounts. This is exactly when the calendar events started not displaying again. (A deleted event would even remain on the home screen until I switched themes back-and-forth or rebooted my phone.)

This issue IS tied to the fact that when you add/link email accounts, the calendar always wants to associate an event with a linked email address. If you have email accounts linked to your phone, there is no way to set up a calendar event without it being linked to an email address.

THE SOLUTION:
    1. Go to Options - Advanced - Service Book
    2. You will see 2 items listed for every email account you have linked.
    3. Click on one of the email items to view its Service Record.
    4. DELETE the email item that has CICAL listed for CID.
    5. DO NOT delete the email item that has CMIME listed for CID.
    6. Do this for every email account you see listed there.

After you have completed this, you are good to go. I have not experienced any more issues with calendar events on the today theme home screen. The only functionality that I can see will be removed by following these instructions is that you will not be able to send invitations from a calendar event.

Do this because every other solution is just a temporary fix. I have tried everything and this is the only permanent solution to this issue.
    Last edited by PsykoPup; 09-04-08 at 05:36 PM.
    09-04-08 05:07 PM
    i had the same problem with my curve.* Go to Desktop Manager--> Backup and restore.* Click on Advanced.* On the right side, highlight calendar the click clear.* Then click refresh.* Once it shows that the calendar is cleared, close this.* Then sync your phone.* Once it finished the sync my appointments showed up on the home screen
    09-04-08 05:27 PM
    I just got an 8330, and coming from a Q, i was used to seeing my appointments, etc., so I used the Dimension Today theme and it was great, but in the last few days it won't display upcoming appointments. Anyone else run into this? I've turned it off and on a couple times to no avail. My reminders still go off, so I know the calendar itself is working, but I need to see what's coming up.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks,
    Mike
    I don't know if this will solve your problem, but I had this same problem until I started saving the appointments using the menu option. Using the "back" key will save the appointment by default on the calendar, but for some reason it won't update the theme main screen with the new time.
    09-12-08 08:23 PM
    I came accross a solution to a query on another thread and thought I'd post the potential fix here as well... Hey who knows, maybe it can be helpful to someone else...

Quote:
    I think I just stumbled upon how this works. I figured it out by doing the opposite of what I'm suggesting below... and then my Calendar disappeared. So I thought I'd get back to this thread and hopefully it would solve your problem.

Do you have multiple email accounts on your BB...? If so, the displayed calendar on the home screen of your today theme is associated to your default email calendar.

If this is the case... go to - Options / Advanced Options / Default Services / and choose another one of your other email addresses... this may make the calendar appear on your home screen. Let me know if that works unless you may have already given up on that theme.
    09-30-08 04:54 PM
    Thanks PvT! you helped me out...i was about 2 ask the same thing!
    10-01-08 12:21 PM
    Thanks PvT! you helped me out...i was about 2 ask the same thing!

Awesome !!!
    10-02-08 12:43 AM
    I have tried all of these suggestions and nothing works. It only shows two calendar entries that are in 2009, but doesn't show the appointment that I have tomorrow. I have done a reset, a battery pull, I have deleted the things in the service book, I have changed the default services, and I have changed themes......are there any other suggestions??
    Last edited by pink.berry; 10-18-08 at 07:20 PM.
    10-18-08 07:15 PM
    I am having a similar problem. I am using the Today theme. The calendar shows today's appointments as:

10/28 Appt. with Mr. X
    10/28 Dr. appt
    10/28 Dinner with L

It used to show today's appointments as:

10:00 Appt. with Mr. X
    3:00 Dr. appt
    6:00 Dinner with L

I want it to show the time for today's appointments, like it used to do.

I am not understanding about the e-mail addresses. I am using two e-mail addresses with my Blackberry, but neither has a calendar. My calendar is in Outlook on one of our home computers.
    10-28-08 09:13 AM
    Still having issues with how the calendar displays in the Today theme.

I deleted the two e-mail items that had CICAL listed for CID. I thought that did the trick, but my appointment is still showing up as 10/30 instead of, for example, 11:30 AM. In other words, it shows today's date instead of the specific time today that the appointment is occurring.
    10-30-08 09:27 AM
    ^^

I saw your post and then realized that mine were showing the day (todays Day for example) and not the time. Yesterday, though, it was displaying times. But today for two of my upcoming appointments (and they are not "all day" appts, rather specific time) just read 10/30...

So, I'm thinking maybe the text to the right of the date is too long. I open up my second displayed appointment, reduce the text down to one word, save it. Now it shows the upcoming times ie: 10:00a & 1:00p

OK, so I go back to the second appointment... re-enter the long text (even thought the first appointments text is and was longer) and my times are still displayed.

So... I had to go into an appointment edit the subject line and it gave me times... Go figure What's up with that?
    10-30-08 10:55 AM
    I have the same issue 8320 v4.5 and had it on my old version of the software also. It shows the date under calander items rather than the time. The only way I can get the time to show up is open it up and make a change and then undo the change and make it prompt me to save. Then save it and on my home screen the calander will now show the times???
    11-10-08 01:21 AM
    I am a MotoQ to Crackberry convert. I love the Today Theme, mainly for the calendar events being displayed. I too was having an issue with events not properly displaying on the home screen. After much frustration, backing up and wiping my phone, and numberous calls to BB support... I finally noticed something.

The events on the home screen displayed properly after I wiped my phone and reinstalled everything. THEN... I relinked my email accounts. This is exactly when the calendar events started not displaying again. (A deleted event would even remain on the home screen until I switched themes back-and-forth or rebooted my phone.)

This issue IS tied to the fact that when you add/link email accounts, the calendar always wants to associate an event with a linked email address. If you have email accounts linked to your phone, there is no way to set up a calendar event without it being linked to an email address.

THE SOLUTION:

After you have completed this, you are good to go. I have not experienced any more issues with calendar events on the today theme home screen. The only functionality that I can see will be removed by following these instructions is that you will not be able to send invitations from a calendar event.

Do this because every other solution is just a temporary fix. I have tried everything and this is the only permanent solution to this issue.
    Thanks PsykoPup! I spend about 2 hours trying to find how to fix this and try many other, this is the only way to fix it! At least the only one that work for me, Thanks for the help!!!!
    12-09-08 09:28 PM

THE SOLUTION:

This totally worked for me too! Thanks for the input. I've had this problem for about a month now, and never could figure it out. Thanks again!
    12-22-08 05:18 PM
    Thanks PsykoPup! i was about to go bald trying to figure it out!!...
    12-26-08 03:30 AM
    THE SOLUTION:
    This worked very well. Brought the calendar right back.

THANKS!

String
    01-15-09 12:17 AM
    Sorry to resurrect this but I did what PsykoPup suggested and I got my events back onto the home screen but I can't receive emails.

So what I did was I added my secondary email and to my surprise my events was back on the home screen.
    02-12-09 08:20 PM
    Sorry I take back my reply... I just lost the today screen.
    02-12-09 11:02 PM
    Still having issues with how the calendar displays in the Today theme.

I deleted the two e-mail items that had CICAL listed for CID. I thought that did the trick, but my appointment is still showing up as 10/30 instead of, for example, 11:30 AM. In other words, it shows today's date instead of the specific time today that the appointment is occurring.
    I am having the same problem rdsmith3 described. I have performed all of the steps outlined in this thread with no success. The only way the today theme will display my calendar appointment times on the today screen is to power cycle my bb each day. Any suggestions?
    03-21-09 05:53 PM
47 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD