By now, users of bbm 5 have seen the country flags of Canada and the US by pressing the symbols key. There was previously a post about adding a few more by manually typing their codes. i.e. *it* for italy, *fr* for france, etc. Well I have systematically gone through and entered every possible two letter combination to find all the existing country flags. If you're interested, here they are (although I do not know what each one necessarily is. Copy n paste them into bbm to actually see all of them. For some reason, the bb will ONLY display them in bbm. It will not picture them in memo pad, or any other app.
    *AD* *AE* *AF* *AG* *AI* *AL* *AM* *AN* *AO* *AR* *AT* *AU* *AW* *AZ* *BA* *BB* *BD* *BE* *BF* *BG* *BH* *BI* *BJ* *BM* *BN* *BO* *BR* *BS* *BT* *BW* *BY* *BZ* *CA* *CD* *CF* *CG* *CH* *CI* *CK* *CL* *CM* *CN* *CO* *CR* *CS* *CU* *CV* *CY* *CZ* *DE* *DJ* *DK* *DM* *DO* *DZ* *EC* *EE* *EG* *ES* *ET* *FI* *FJ* *FK* *FM* *FO* *FR* *GA* *GD* *GE* *GH* *GI* *GL* *GM* *GN* *GQ* *GR* *GT* *GW* *GY* *HK* *HN* *HR* *HT* *HU* *ID* *IE* *IL* *IN* *IQ* *IR* *IS* *IT* *JM* *JO* *JP* *KE* *KG* *KH* *KI* *KM* *KN* *KP* *KR* *KW* *KY* *KZ* *LA* *LB* *LC* *LI* *LK* *LR* *LS* *LT* *LU* *LV* *LY* *MA* *MC* *MD* *MG* *MK* *ML* *MM* *MN* *MO* *MR* *MS* *MT* *MU* *MV* *MW* *MX* *MY* *MZ* *NA* *NC* *NE* *NG* *NI* *NL* *NO* *NZ* *OM* *PA* *PE* *PF* *PG* *PH* *PK* *PL* *PM* *PR* *PT* *PW* *PY* *QA* *RE* *RO* *RU* *RW* *SA* *SB* *SC* *SD* *SE* *SG* *SI* *SK* *SL* *SM* *SN* *SO* *SR* *ST* *SV* *SY* *SZ* *TC* *TD* *TG* *TH* *TJ* *TL* *TM* *TN* *TO* *TR* *TT* *TW* *TZ* *UA* *UG* *UK* *US* *UY* *UZ* *VC* *VE* *VG* *VN* *VU* *WS* *YE* *ZA* *ZM* *ZW*

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    GoldenEdge40 and hkdents13 like this.
    08-09-09 12:56 PM
    Great post

08-09-09 03:35 PM
    Hey where's the dominican flag?!

08-11-09 11:45 PM
    Great post, for a list of available two letter country codes head over here
    just add * before and after
    08-12-09 02:08 AM
    Some flags don't work :-( like dominican republics!

08-12-09 08:12 AM
    is there a welsh flag
    10-08-09 12:02 PM
    Is there a Crackberry Nation flag ?
    10-08-09 12:32 PM
    Lol *do* is the dominican flag

10-12-09 08:57 PM
    which one is the El Salvador flag... can't find it!
    10-12-09 09:13 PM
    I really want the Maderia flag can any one get it or find it xxx thanks
    10-13-09 07:10 AM
    Some flags don't work :-( like dominican republics!

dr flag code is do idk y they put it as do but thats it n it worked for me sweethear
    10-14-09 09:59 AM
    Hey SK is supposed to be St Kitts !! WTF !
    10-14-09 10:06 AM
    can anyone help me with the scottish flag??? i can't find it anywhere...i can only find *uk* which is united kingdom and *ie* which is ireland....
    10-19-09 09:28 AM
    The country flag symbols are listed by the country's 2-letter country code. Here is the complete list of country codes.

2-Letter Country Codes

Hope that helps.
    10-20-09 02:59 AM
    Does anyone know the code for portugal? Thanks!

10-20-09 10:08 AM
    Nm! I figured it out. *PT*

10-20-09 10:15 AM
    I'm looking for the flag of Scotland...anyone know?? I've searched and I can't find it. HELP!?
    10-26-09 01:36 AM
    I'm looking for the flag of Scotland...anyone know?? I've searched and I can't find it. HELP!?
    Pretty sure scotland is SF - but it doesn't work, so I'm pprob wrong :-)

10-26-09 01:52 AM
    anybody ever figure the flag for Scotland yet !

please and thanx !
    11-22-09 06:42 PM
    Anyone know why somebody with a brand new Curve 8520 can't see the flags? All they see is the actual letters - *TT*
    11-28-09 10:37 AM
    why doesnt the virgin island flag work
    12-05-09 10:23 PM
    Scotland isn't a Country, It's part of the United Kingdon/Great Britain...

Which is why you don't see Wales/Northern Ireland/England or Scotland there...
    12-07-09 11:06 PM
    Anyone know why somebody with a brand new Curve 8520 can't see the flags? All they see is the actual letters - *TT*
    they are not using BBM 5.0
    12-08-09 05:21 AM
    Scotland isn't a Country, It's part of the United Kingdon/Great Britain...

Which is why you don't see Wales/Northern Ireland/England or Scotland there...
    yea, im gonna go out on a limb here and say Scotland is a country. infact, all of the above are considered countries and all make up the UK. however, i think RIM just covered their bases by making a UK flag instead of seperate flags for the individual countries in the UK.
    12-08-09 05:25 AM
    yea, im gonna go out on a limb here and say Scotland is a country. infact, all of the above are considered countries and all make up the UK. however, i think RIM just covered their bases by making a UK flag instead of seperate flags for the individual countries in the UK.
    Quite right :-)
    they all compete as different teams in world cup football for example.

12-08-09 08:51 AM
64 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD