I just got an invitation e-mail from Blackberry Beta for a program called "BlackBerry� Traffic". It's current version is 1.1.0.2587.

No idea what it is and I can't use it either (I need a keycode), but I'm guessing it has to do something with traffic...
    06-24-10 03:32 PM
    got mine too. could be cool.
    06-24-10 03:53 PM
    got mine too. could be cool.
    Got my invite about an hour ago, but can't find any mention of it on the blackberry/beta site.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-24-10 03:57 PM
    i'm reading more on it right now and i cant be sure, but i think its a turn-by-turn directions app!
    06-24-10 04:15 PM
    I got one also. It did kind of sound like a turn-by-turn thing. I'm looking forward to it. I've never been a beta person before!

06-24-10 04:48 PM
    If you got the invite and it wasn't under your list of eligible programs go look again it may be there now.

06-24-10 05:08 PM
    Got mine and registered, have to wait for keycode till tomorrow. I'm really hoping this will be something along the lines of "Google Maps" but with turn by turn.

Hey, one can dream can't they.
    06-24-10 05:13 PM
    i've been reading more, but i don't want to get kicked out of beta by talking about it (what's the first rule of fight club?). for all the beta folk, read the disclosure that comes up when you launch the app and the Known Issues section of the beta zone...both give some really cool hints about the functionality.
    06-24-10 05:33 PM
    06-24-10 05:34 PM
    So no turn by turn then, what's up with RIM, is this the best they can do

Sorry, but it's like they just wanna hand over the consumer side to Apple and Android and they don't give a sh1t anymore.

Not just with this, but many other things as well.
    Last edited by JoelTruckerDude; 06-24-10 at 06:18 PM.
    06-24-10 06:14 PM
    chill. that's just one screen.

the forums on the beta site indicate a lot more than just what you see on the screen shot.
    06-24-10 06:45 PM
    It's not available if you have less than 4.6 though
    06-24-10 08:21 PM
    chill. that's just one screen.

the forums on the beta site indicate a lot more than just what you see on the screen shot.
    If you check the link "Bodero" posted and then look up his other "twitpics" you'll see he has other shots of the app and none of them are anywhere close to being a GPS like Gmaps or others, that's why I said what I said.
    06-25-10 06:12 AM
    I was invited to Beta test this app. Used it driving to and from work today. I was surprised how accurate the updates are.

As soon as I deviated from the prescibed route, it quickly calculated an alternative.

I drive a pretty cr@ppy freeway and based on the traffic info, I arrived at my place of work pretty much at the time predicted by the program.

Software records average speed and max speed. This disappears when you reach your destination and stop route guidance. Not sure if this info is recorded anywhere ???
    Last edited by ScallyUSA; 06-26-10 at 01:55 AM.
    06-26-10 01:52 AM
    how do i get an invite??
    06-27-10 03:22 PM
    Go to blackberry.com/beta and register to become a beta tester and then wait for the invite.
    06-28-10 03:04 PM
    This app is sick. It does give turn-by-turn directions, but only in list form. It doesn't show you on a map or announce when to turn.....yet.

06-29-10 11:11 PM
    I've grabbed it as well but only after having a laugh at BoyGenius's comments... See them [HERE]
    06-29-10 11:19 PM
    This app is sick. It does give turn-by-turn directions, but only in list form. It doesn't show you on a map or announce when to turn.....yet.

I may or may not be a beta tester, so I may or may not be of the opinion that this app has a lot of potential, a lot of which would be realized if, as you suggest, it hooked into BB Maps and had voice output.
    06-30-10 07:49 AM
    I may or may not be a beta tester, so I may or may not be of the opinion that this app has a lot of potential, a lot of which would be realized if, as you suggest, it hooked into BB Maps and had voice output.
    Haha, yeah. I'm betting this isn't a complete product, but rather a smaller component of a larger project.
    06-30-10 10:07 PM
    Haha, yeah. I'm betting this isn't a complete product, but rather a smaller component of a larger project.
    That's sorta what I suspect too, although given RIM's behind the times these days one never knows, could be how it's gonna look.
    07-01-10 05:37 AM
    It would be cool if this were the DashBoard feature in BB Maps. It would be VERY useful there.
    07-06-10 01:59 PM
    Does anyone know how to update your contacts within the app? When i go to put in an address from my contacts it only displays 10 contacts.
    12-28-10 09:26 PM
    Check.out this thread:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f41/bla...-kudos-569165/
    If it's the same app then it does include turn by turn info.

12-28-10 09:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD