UPDATE: BlackBerry App World v1.1.0.15 Now Available | CrackBerry.com

Blackberry App World 1.1.0.11 is available from BlackBerry App World.

More information, directly from RIM here and here.

Positive Findings:
    • Overall speed improvement
    • Separate free an paid top downloads lists
    • Free space displayed at top of applications list
    • Free Trial support
    • Sorting options while browsing
    • Sorting options for searches
    • Option to archive installed applications to SD card
    • International support

Negative Findings:
    • Blackberry App World is an app in app world now, but it cannot be installed or downloaded. It does say it is installed, but it is not in the applications list.
    • Paypal login is still broken for passwords with special characters.
      Fix: change your paypal password, avoid using certain special characters
    • Extremely long eula
      Fix: hold space bar to scroll
    • Does not work on OS 5.0
    • Downloaded english version. Got eula in spanish.
    • Phone freezing when opening app world.
      Fix (unconfirmed): Wait longer for the phone to unfreeze
    • Some users are seeing timeout/network errors when trying to start app world. (edited)
      This issue seems to be fixed now.

Neutral/Unconfirmed Findings:
    • Pandora does not show up in applications list or searches. It was there before upgrading.
      Update: it is showing up in searches now, re-download to add it to the applications list
    • Speedtest does not show up in applications list or search. It was there before upgrading.
      Fix: download speedtest directly from http://www.xtremelabs.com/assets/mob.../speedtest.jad
    • Push notification of available upgrades.
    • After archiving trapster, initially there was a trapster icon with an arrow over it on the home screen. Now it is an app world icon.
      Update: proper icon returned (perhaps after reboot)
    Last edited by codemaker; 08-07-09 at 06:52 PM.
    07-31-09 01:30 PM
    After downloading the app world gives me an error message stating that it is having trouble connecting to the app world servers and that I should check my network settings. I am very much connected to the network, otherwise I wouldn't be postung this. Has anyone else encountered this error? I have an 8330 running OS4.5

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-31-09 02:42 PM
    Mine is not archiving to SD card. It just goes to the Device Memory.
    07-31-09 02:50 PM
    Is there a way to just update the program, or does it just install over the existing one?
    07-31-09 03:26 PM
    Is there a way to just update the program, or does it just install over the existing one?
    For me it simply asked if I wanted to replace 1.0 with 1.1 and then did so when I said ok.
    07-31-09 04:34 PM
    For me it simply asked if I wanted to replace 1.0 with 1.1 and then did so when I said ok.
    Yea same here. Then when it was it rebooted and I was good to go.
    07-31-09 04:50 PM
    Mine is still saying that it cannot access the app world servers. No one else is experiencing this problem?

07-31-09 05:01 PM
    Glad to see my frustration trying to (futilely) download is due to my OS Beta. Still not worth downgrading off 5.0.

07-31-09 05:05 PM
    Mine says bad DNS address. Randomly.

07-31-09 05:14 PM
    Downloaded the new BB App World earlier today. Requested the English version and got the Spanish version. Also, once downloaded, a message appears that says the app is having trouble connecting to the app world servers. I deleted the entire app from my phone. Does anyone know if it's possible to downgrade and get the previous version back?
    07-31-09 06:29 PM
    Downloaded the new BB App World earlier today. Requested the English version and got the Spanish version. Also, once downloaded, a message appears that says the app is having trouble connecting to the app world servers. I deleted the entire app from my phone. Does anyone know if it's possible to downgrade and get the previous version back?
    I am having the same problem! Do you by chance have an 8330m? I have an 8330m and am wondering if the difference in HEX/ESN is casuing problems with the app world client syncing with the servers. I too would like a link to the old app world until this problem is resolved by RIM.

07-31-09 06:38 PM
    Just downloaded and working great on my Verizon Tour. Quicker,smoother, and nicer on the eyes.
    07-31-09 07:09 PM
    no love for 5.0, will have to downgrade
    07-31-09 07:21 PM
    I am having the same problem! Do you by chance have an 8330m? I have an 8330m and am wondering if the difference in HEX/ESN is casuing problems with the app world client syncing with the servers. I too would like a link to the old app world until this problem is resolved by RIM.

I have the regular 8330, no m and I'm running 4.5.0.131. I didn't have a problem downloading the new BBM so I wouldn't think the 4.5... would be a problem.
    07-31-09 07:41 PM
    You can downgrade if you have a copy of the previous app world. Perhaps in a backup on your PC. Otherwise you may just have to wait for this issue to be sorted out.
    07-31-09 09:30 PM
    After downloading the app world gives me an error message stating that it is having trouble connecting to the app world servers and that I should check my network settings. I am very much connected to the network, otherwise I wouldn't be postung this. Has anyone else encountered this error? I have an 8330 running OS4.5

I was having the same problem on my Storm. So when I downloaded it the second time, right before the download starts I changed the permissions. The only one I changed was the first one. It is set to custom and I changed it to allow then save...all was fine after that. Might not work for others though
    07-31-09 10:55 PM
    tried changing everything to allow on my 8130 and same server error.
    08-01-09 01:33 AM
    • Some users are seeing timeout/network errors when trying to start app world for the first time. (edited)
    and the second time, and the third....and the 12th. In fact, for many of us on Curve's it seems App World never connects. Not sure why you say "first time."
    08-01-09 05:49 PM
    Here's your answer everyone:

I downloaded App World 1.1 today and had the same problem, but I was able to get it working.

I just went to Manage Connection clicked Turn All Connection Off, wait 5 sec, turned it back on.

Then I launched App World and was able to connect.

I hope that works for you.

Irdawg was kind enough to give me this answer and I am forwarding to all of you.
    08-01-09 06:11 PM
    Uh, yah, froze on me as well.

08-01-09 06:21 PM
    By "Turn All Connection Off" do you mean mobile network? If so then this fix does not work..

08-01-09 06:29 PM
    yep i can confirm also that the fix does not work... you would think that rim would test this?
    08-01-09 08:46 PM
    This is ridiculous RIM! Test software then release... Not the other way around!

08-01-09 08:55 PM
    Is anybody by any chance running into the issue where their categories aren't loading? I have a curve 8330 and my connection is pretty good, so I don't see why it's not loading.

There's also the "This application is not supported by your phone or carrier" and I'm finding that message on every single app, including Facebook which I have.

I also go an error message that said "This feature is not available in your country." Sadly, I can't remember what exactly I was doing to get that message.
    08-02-09 08:37 AM
    and the second time, and the third....and the 12th. In fact, for many of us on Curve's it seems App World never connects. Not sure why you say "first time."
    I say the first time, because that is the error you see when you first run the app (in addition to subsequent times). I'll update it to make it more clear.
    08-02-09 09:24 AM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD