When on a BES I know the company has pretty much 100% access to information on the device. Is the Blackberry Messenger though going through the BES trackable for all messages sent? Can my company see everything sent over BBM if I am on a BES?
    04-26-10 10:07 AM
    A company can see everything you do on their devices. Others would beg to differ as far as bbm is concerned, but on a BES everything is stored on a server. if they ever need to get that info they will. Be careful. Im on a BES and BIS and I completely deleted bbm from the BES device.
    04-26-10 10:12 AM
    04-26-10 10:32 AM
    They can see everything, they can even read sms and mms.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-26-10 11:37 AM
    What does BES see; what can be tracked/logged? - Port3101.org : Your BES Connection (http://www.port3101.org/port-3101-bes-admin-bar-grill/1223-what-does-bes-see-what-can-tracked-logged.html)
    Thanks! Been thinking about with my new job... Not worth it. I'm getting an Android, HD2, or Win7 device and will use ActiveSync. I'm not willing to give up my privacy on my own device for that. Or worst case get AstraSync and just connect that way. I don't know why RIM can't see that giving the option of ActiveSync would add more users.

I've used ActiveSync before and extremely happy. The only thing that is visible to an admin is your exchange mailbox/outlook, which already is one way or another.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    04-26-10 08:53 PM
    Can you access your work email via Outlook Web Access? If so, you may be able to add your work email that way to your personal device on your BIS. Then the administrators would have no access to your device.
    04-26-10 09:00 PM
    Putting any personal communication device on the company's server is usually a bad decision in general for both parties.
    04-27-10 07:36 AM
    Can they also see pictures or voice notes sent via bbm??

Also: BIS email messages (I *might* be able to see what service books you have, but cannot read the messages)

this mean that the @carrier.blackberry.net email address is safe to use? contact in those emails are not readable?? including attachments??
    04-27-10 09:44 AM
    Wow.. crazy.. I did not know this.. Thanks!
    04-27-10 01:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD