Hello all, I am new to the world of Blackberries but I'm an owner of a new Tour for the past month or so.

I did some puzzling over the way BBM 5+ saves conversation history. I just thought you all might find the results useful. I created a simple VBScript to convert the BBM-created "CSV" files into a more "clean" format that you can just double-click and open in Excel. In particular, the cleaned file will have human-readable time/date stamps next to each message.

Information about this script is available in this blog post. The script is released to the public domain. You can read more about my analysis of the format of BBM's CSV files in this post.

Just trying to pass info along to avoid others having to go through the same amount of work I did!
    02-18-10 12:02 AM
    Wow! Thank you so much for your work and your detailed instructions! I often wondered what all the gibberish was. Now its so easy to have the log of chats in readable format.
    Great job you've done for us!! Thanks again! I have converted my logs into something readable.
    02-18-10 06:07 PM
    Never-mind - I think figured it out! I'll post in case anyone else needs help!

To change the time zone:
    Right Click the vbs file and choose Edit
    Look for the line that says: Const GMTOffset = -5
    Change it to whatever you need to change it to (for me it was -6)

Now to make the time show in excel as 12 hour time:
    Highlight the column with the date and timestamp in it
    Format -- Cells
    Custom
    Enter m/d/yyyy h:mm:ss AM/PM as your custom format.

Hope that helps! Thanks!
    Last edited by Gretchen05; 11-02-11 at 10:53 AM.
    11-02-11 10:28 AM
    anyone have a copy of this program plz?
    05-10-12 02:30 PM
    anyone have a copy of this program plz?
    Click the links in the original post of this thread, there are download links there.
    07-05-12 01:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD