I was looking at my bar code under view my bar code. If I exit out and view it again its different. Is this normal? I had a bar code saved on my pc from a capture it screen shot and noticed it did not match the one displayed on my phone. Yet if I do the scan a friends bar code, and do both of them, it sends me the request like it should. How come they display different each time I view it?

Also I have only had one pin since day one..

Here are just 3 that I got from viewing and exiting and when I scan each of them it says I already belong to Dave's bbm group.

How can 3 different ones reflect the same group???

Last edited by dave3825us; 02-28-10 at 11:53 AM.
    02-28-10 11:33 AM
    Wow 30 views and no input? Can some try what I described and report your findings?

Go into bbm view your profile--then your bar code--then exit back one screen--view the bar code again--and see if it is identical to the first one?
    02-28-10 12:58 PM
    A quick check on Wikipedia yields your answer...only certain sections of the QR barcode is supposed to represent the url or whatever. The rest is obviously a random filler. Look at the example on the wikipedia entry...only 6 or 7 areas of the barcode are used to designate certain information. Look at the bottom where the data is added and removed.

Does this get you started on your investigation? :-) Seems the vital parts of the barcode hold the same info...
    Last edited by jaydee5799; 02-28-10 at 02:42 PM.
    02-28-10 02:39 PM
    A quick check on Wikipedia yields your answer...only certain sections of the QR barcode is supposed to represent the url or whatever. The rest is obviously a random filler. Look at the example on the wikipedia entry...only 6 or 7 areas of the barcode are used to designate certain information. Look at the bottom where the data is added and removed.

Does this get you started on your investigation? :-) Seems the vital parts of the bar code hold the same info...
    Now that makes sense. So in reality if you were to scan each of the bar codes I posted, I should get 3 requests from you. I would love to actually try this but my hands are full at the moment with this lol

http://forums.crackberry.com/showpos...&postcount=312
    02-28-10 02:45 PM
    Let me know when you want to try the experiment. I will scan the three barcodes and we will test the theory!

After you're done updating the OS...good luck with that!
    02-28-10 02:54 PM
    Ok,, and if you go view your barcode now in bbm, does it look like the one you just posted?
    02-28-10 03:32 PM
    See, we're willing to bet it looks different, but yes...the IMPT info is the same obviously or you wouldn't be talking to yourself on BBM

Lots of reasons to talk to yourself... guess barcode experiment is one
    02-28-10 03:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD