My BBM is still working - kinda.

I am waiting sometimes over 30 min for a message to come in at present, and it's been happening all day. I can 'push' messages thru to my phone by sending another bbm message thru, which is weird. As soon as I press send, all messages that were sent and not yet delivered to my device instantly appear.

I am updated to the newest BBM since the great BIS blackout of '09, all service books are updated and there are no other data/PIN issues. Battery pull solved nothing, nor did a re-installation of both the newest Bell OS and another re-install of the stock Telus OS.

Cam
    12-24-09 11:50 PM
    I am still having issues with my browser, some pages are taking 2-3 minutes to load.
    12-25-09 12:12 AM
    I'm still having issues as well. It seems as the messages take slightly longer to be delivered. At times, when I send a message it will have the check mark, but not that small "d". It's totally trivial but its not as consistent as previous versions.
    12-25-09 12:32 AM
    I just find it odd that the second I press 'send' on BBM when messaging someone, I'll instantly get all the messages that were held up somewhere in the system. It may be my handset.
    12-25-09 12:35 AM
    I just find it odd that the second I press 'send' on BBM when messaging someone, I'll instantly get all the messages that were held up somewhere in the system. It may be my handset.
    Mine is doing the same thing, so I don't think its the handset. Even using MSN, messages only get pushed out when I send another message.
    12-25-09 04:50 PM
    I'm having the red clock issue.Sooooooo annoying.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-25-09 04:57 PM
    Mine is doing the same thing, so I don't think its the handset. Even using MSN, messages only get pushed out when I send another message.
    Well I have tried every setting, wiped and reinstalled everything again, and still the same issue. It seems that as soon as anything data related is activated by the handset, the messages are pushed thru. Even just launching the crackberry app caused 2 messages to pop into my inbox. This is getting pretty annoying, and I'd hate to swap my device and go through a PIN change for nothing.

Anyone else out there having an issue like this?

Cam

12-25-09 05:14 PM
    My bbm is working just fine

12-25-09 05:35 PM
    That is exactly what is happening to me. I need to message a contact on BBM to get all the bbm messages sent to me to get pushed out otherwise I never get them. I'm not sure now if this is my device or something else :S

Well I have tried every setting, wiped and reinstalled everything again, and still the same issue. It seems that as soon as anything data related is activated by the handset, the messages are pushed thru. Even just launching the crackberry app caused 2 messages to pop into my inbox. This is getting pretty annoying, and I'd hate to swap my device and go through a PIN change for nothing.

Anyone else out there having an issue like this?

Cam

12-25-09 11:50 PM
    Thats three of us all with Telus that are having the same issue. I wonder if its a network thing. Tomorrow I will be exchanging my handset and i'll see what happens.

Cam
    12-26-09 12:56 PM
    I have the same issue on Bell. I've noticed a lot of people that have Bell complaining about it
    12-26-09 01:48 PM
    I'm also on the 9700 on Telus and have been having the exact same problem from day one. I had heard that they're "working on a fix" when I called up to ask about voice call quality problems. They said that there were a ton of issues with the new 3G+ network. It looks like it's completely a network problem as I've tried a bevy of software versions with no difference. Where in the country are you? I'm wondering if it's a localized problem? Because obviously it's not happening to everyone. I'm in Windsor, Ontario. I had put in to have a replacement handset sent to me, but I'm not sure if that will make any difference. If someone does replace the handset and finds that things are better, please let us know and we'll know it's a hardware problem.
    12-26-09 03:27 PM
    I'm having issues adding international contacts to my BBM. They are all in the pending authorization group. While all of my local contacts get added to the list immediately
    12-26-09 03:45 PM
    My issue just started after the big BIS collapse last week. Before that it worked like a charm! I'm located in Toronto.

Cam

12-26-09 04:44 PM
    Good to know i'm not the only one having the issue.
    I'm in Toronto as well..

I called Telus today and they just got me to remove BBM and MSN and reinstall them and said that they have not heard of this issue before and that all the settings for my account are correct. They escalated the problem, but since i'm on a non-telus device they 'cannot guarantee data' so they might not escalate the problem and help me. I will wait the 48 hours and see what happens.
    12-26-09 11:09 PM
    ever since the blackout i have had a few hiccups on my device. Once my bbm was deleted upon hooking it up to my computer, and i have also experienced the 2 minute load time on my browser, today i had no problems, so we will see if this continues, i hope it does, i dont want to have to get a new blackberry
    12-26-09 11:12 PM
    I got a new 9700 today from AT&T. I had one Blackberry Messenger conversation and then synched with my Macbook Pro. There was a big update and now the conversation I had is gone. Text messages are still there.

Browser load was also ridiculously slow.
    12-26-09 11:31 PM
    man that totally blows, sorry you have had a bad experience
    12-26-09 11:38 PM
    Same issue here, im on rogers and i can send messages instantly to everyone on my list except my gf, who is with bell. i wait 10 minutes usually for a message to go through, and as soon as she types anything, all the messages that i sent previously get sent to her instantly. as if its backed up in the system until she sends something.. I think it must be a bell issue... Soo annoying

Anyone?
    12-27-09 10:33 AM
    probably 200-300 BBM's per day on average for me... other than that "dark time" in our lives the other day, they seem to go through pretty much instantly.

Sorry the hear folks are have problems with BBM... it's one of the best perks of using a 'berry IMHO. Hope it gets resolved for you all very soon.
    12-27-09 10:56 AM
    For me it works good since that "that day". All my contacts get there messages as soon as I send them. My gf is on the same network "fido" and she doesn't have a problem ether. I do have a Bell contact on my list and I did notice a big delay when sending him messages.

12-27-09 11:35 AM
    Hmmm I actually haven't had these BBM issues at all. But what has been happening is that I get dead silence now on my end and can't hear my caller on the other line, yet the phone tells me that it's still connected.
    12-27-09 04:07 PM
    I am with telus using an unlocked Bell bold 9700 and am having the bbm delayed message issue. There is a very large thread on howardforums in the bell sub forum about this issue. It appears to be affecting telus and bell users only as rogers and fido people are good to go. I called telus and they said there were no widespread reports of any bbm issues. They told me that they would log a ticket for me only after I agreed to do the stupid troubleshooting like taking out my battery and uninstalling and reinstalling bbm which of course solved nothing. They said also because I am not using a telus bold that they can't guarantee service which is fair but this is happening to even their own telus phone users.

People on telus call their tech department to log this issue! The more people that call the faster it will get fixed as now they don't even acknowledge that there is a problem!

12-28-09 08:33 PM
    My ticket was 'solved' today by Telus.

"Exchange your handset and see what happens"

I'm doing that tomorrow... aaand I'll see what happens!

Cam
    12-28-09 09:42 PM
    The only way that is going to fix anything is if you get a Rogers 9700 and stay on their network. This isnt a handset issue its clearly something with the network!
    12-29-09 01:08 AM
41 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD