Sal just posted on twitter besides the storm 3! Rim is working on 3 other new phones! CES should be real exciting!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-28-10 11:24 AM
    Okey dokey.
    12-28-10 11:54 AM
    Why is this news?? I said that 2 months ago in my post ..

howarmat, Rello and oldschoolbb like this.
    12-28-10 11:56 AM
    Sal just posted on twitter besides the storm 3! Rim is working on 3 other new phones! CES should be real exciting!
    No word on CES in his tweet:

"Aside from the lil info about the Storm that came out, RIM is working on 3 other phones right now. I'll pass the info as soon as I get it "
    12-28-10 01:24 PM
    I really want the touch screen bold so I hope that TMO might be in line for that one. Nikosg you have been saying this for awhile and I appreciate any info you offer.
    12-28-10 09:24 PM
    I don't think Sal provided a time frame. I am hoping for a CES announcement that includes some new phones but I fear these phones are being worked on for fall 2011.

12-28-10 10:22 PM
    I don't think Sal provided a time frame. I am hoping for a CES announcement that includes some new phones but I fear these phones are being worked on for fall 2011.
    Nobody can give a real time frame...they are "predicting" new phones coming soon, some at CES and others at WES...DUH? Ya think so? Of course that's when they will announce anything; no one here is telling us anything that common sense can't tell us. (not directed at Stides, just others that claim they are giving us "insider" news)
    12-29-10 07:48 AM
    yawn......yawn
    12-29-10 07:50 AM
    Corymcnutt is right. We basically have common sense information and some people who suggest they know inside info. I know Sal is reliable. However, the posters all suggest the same things....they are working on new phones...some say 3, some say 4....some say they will have a new os, maybe QNX. I hope they are working on new phones. Every phone comapany is probably working on 3 or 4 new phone that will be released within the next year. Ofcourse they are working on a new os, their current os is lackluster. I love the speculation but we really don't know anything specific. It's all speculation based on common sense. It's basically the same rumors from last spring being re-told and debated again.

makaveli28 likes this.
    12-29-10 08:10 AM
    @niko, same here.

I posted about the S3, which the analyst referred to as a "Torch like BB," so that could be S3 and/or the CDMA Torch 98xx for Sprint, as well as a touch Bold, and the 8980 which has been in China for a while now (it's basically a Curve 3G with no 3G).
    12-29-10 05:44 PM
    In my post I ve answered plenty of questions on the rumored devices...

12-29-10 10:39 PM
    In my post I ve answered plenty of questions on the rumored devices...

You answered many questions. Have you heard anything more on the bold touch? Anything, like size of the screen, processor speed, screen resolution, app memory?
    12-29-10 10:51 PM
    I can guarantee that RIM will be releasing new phones...I just can't give a timeframe.

corymcnutt likes this.
    01-01-11 03:17 PM

We have known this for months.

01-02-11 01:21 AM

Are they 3 new phones or 3 refreshes?
    01-02-11 03:52 PM
    Are they 3 new phones or 3 refreshes?
    Storm 3 = New; OS 6, trackpad, 5 MP camera, at least minimum RAM to run OS 6

Curve 8980 = Refresh; will be the 97xx with the keyboard of the 8900 and will ship with OS 5 --BlackBerry 8980 exposed by FCC | BGR | Boy Genius Report--

Bold 9900 Dakota = New/refresh hybrid; Bold 9000 with a touchscreen, trackpad, OS 6, 5 MP camera, at least the minimum RAM to run OS 6

Apparently there is a CDMA Torch in final-test stages in the States. Sprint is the rumored to be the carrier in this rumor.
    Last edited by CASH; 01-02-11 at 04:42 PM.
    01-02-11 04:39 PM

Curve 8980 = Refresh; will be the 97xx with the keyboard of the 8900 and will ship with OS 5 --BlackBerry 8980 exposed by FCC | BGR | Boy Genius Report--

Bold 9900 Dakota = New/refresh hybrid; Bold 9000 with a touchscreen, trackpad, OS 6, 5 MP camera, at least the minimum RAM to run OS 6

Apparently there is a CDMA Torch in final-test stages in the States. Sprint is the rumored to be the carrier in this rumor.
    that would be a refresh also, storm 2.5 pretty much.
    01-02-11 04:55 PM
    that would be a refresh also, storm 2.5 pretty much.
    How? The housing of the S1/S2 is the same. The S3 uses a different housing. I consider a refresh as: a new device that uses slightly better internal hardware and the same hardware externally (housing) as an older model. The 9780 was the same externally as the 9700 with slightly better internal hardware. Just because the Storm 3 uses the same basic rectangle shape of the S1/S2 does not make it a refresh. I see how someone could consider the S3 a refresh but it is not.
    Last edited by CASH; 01-02-11 at 05:12 PM.
    01-02-11 05:07 PM
    How? The housing of the S1/S2 is the same. The S3 uses a different housing. I consider a refresh as: a new device that uses slightly better internal hardware and the same hardware externally (housing) as an older model. The 9780 was the same externally as the 9700 with slightly better internal hardware. Just because the Storm 3 uses the same basic rectangle shape of the S1/S2 does not make it a refresh. I see how someone could consider the S3 a refresh but it is not.
    What's your prediction on the S3 screen: SurePress or touch screen?

TIA
    01-02-11 05:50 PM

TIA
    I hope its a normal touch screen. Just seems like z more fluid and 'solid' build - and while surepress is kinda cool, its not a deal breaker for me.
    01-02-11 06:15 PM

TIA
    I'm pretty sure RIM will never go back to SurePress. RIM not including it on the Torch doesn't mean they won't continue to use it, but why did they not use it? Based on that alone I predict any future touchscreen devices from RIM, whether tablet or smartphone, will be a regular capacitive touchscreen with a QWERTY keyboard, not SurePress.
    Last edited by CASH; 01-02-11 at 06:29 PM.
    01-02-11 06:18 PM
    I'm pretty sure RIM will never go back to SurePress. RIM not including it on the Torch doesn't mean they won't continue to use it, but why did they not use it? Based on that alone I predict any future touchscreen devices from RIM, whether tablet or smartphone, will be a regular capacitive touchscreen with a QWERTY keyboard, not SurePress.
    Probably not in the torch because it would be too many moving parts and maybe not enough room on the screen part of the phone to put it in without being really bulky. Other possibility is they are done with it, and I think thats for the better for their future even though it does have a following.
    01-02-11 07:10 PM
    Not having Surepress doesn't turn me initially away from the next version of the Storm. But it doesn't bring me back automatically either. From a touchscreen perspective, it sets the Storm apart - love it or hate it. In a market of touchscreens, there are a lot of choices. I am still using my Storm 1 from Dec 2008, and have liked it mostly because of the Surepress. The touchhscreen I had prior was always opening apps or dialing randomly. I have never had that issue with the Storm. Surepress on the next Storm, and it's a done deal.
    01-02-11 09:55 PM

Let me start off by saying odds are you do have more information than I do, but I'm going to throw in my input a little bit.

Firstly, I don't believe the 8980 is part of the four phones being released. I think that these four phones will not be any refreshes, as we will be starting to see qnx within a few months or so.

Also, the specs you gave for a Storm 3 were the supposed specs for the Storm 2.5, no? The rumors for the Storm 3 include QNX being released immediately, and having at least 1ghz ram. Same with the 5mp camera - probably at least 8mp.

Again, I could be completely wrong, I'm just giving my personal view based on the waves we've been hearing recently.
    howarmat likes this.
    01-03-11 02:44 AM
    Let me start off by saying odds are you do have more information than I do, but I'm going to throw in my input a little bit.

Firstly, I don't believe the 8980 is part of the four phones being released. I think that these four phones will not be any refreshes, as we will be starting to see qnx within a few months or so.

Also, the specs you gave for a Storm 3 were the supposed specs for the Storm 2.5, no? The rumors for the Storm 3 include QNX being released immediately, and having at least 1ghz ram. Same with the 5mp camera - probably at least 8mp.

Again, I could be completely wrong, I'm just giving my personal view based on the waves we've been hearing recently.
    Storm 2.5 is the Storm 3. RIM will not be calling it the Storm 2.5; most likely the Storm 3... Possibly Torch.
    01-03-11 09:54 AM
56 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD