I want one now!!!!!
    10-01-09 12:17 AM
    Oh great the Blackberry OS on a Lenovo...

Could you imagine the boot up time for something like that? Oh and love the window's start key..

Yeah not happening lol.. fake..
    10-01-09 12:30 AM
    LOL. What is it, BB branded? What's the point. Doesn't look real either.
    10-01-09 12:34 AM
    Yes it is PhotoShoped, i dont think people would think its real.

I think a BB netbook would be awesome. If your BB is just like a small computer, well lets get a netbook. Blackberry security, predictive typing, wifi, 3G. everything your phone would have just bigger.

Tell me that it wouldnt be a good idea for RIM to come out with a notebook?

People would flock to it like crazy.
    10-01-09 06:32 AM

I think a BB netbook would be awesome. If your BB is just like a small computer, well lets get a netbook. Blackberry security, predictive typing, wifi, 3G. everything your phone would have just bigger.

Why would that have any benefit over any other netbook or laptop. I can already get my real email on those.
    10-01-09 07:39 AM

For one, I want nothing resembling Blackbery OS on a netbook. Jesus, that would be slow. My Mini 9 boots in 25 seconds. It would take bberry os 45 minutes to boot! Predictive typing? On a netbook? You're kidding, right. I type 90-100 wpm already. predictive would just slow it down a ton. Wifi, 3g, already available on a netbook. Linux or xp run great on netbooks. JAva based?!!??!?! lol.

I honestly doubt there would be much market. Blackberry Markets their retail prices on their phones from 5-800 dollars. How much would they expect to charge for a netbook????

Simply put, there is no logical reason for this to happen. that, and the fact that BlackBerry can't put a device out that doesn't require 3 returns and 27 software updates to make it run as expected, would make it so undesirable it isn't even funny.
    10-01-09 08:02 AM
    Oh great the Blackberry OS on a Lenovo...

Could you imagine the boot up time for something like that? Oh and love the window's start key..

Yeah not happening lol.. fake..
    Well, a netbook is several times more powerful than your average blackberry (or even the fastest blackberry), so that would help boot times.

Either way, I don't really see the purpose of a RIM netbook. Perhaps RIM could produce a netbook with a custom OS (probably not the BB OS), that made use of their vertical stack. I am referring to BBM, BES, push email via wireless carriers. But you could achieve the same feature set with a windows xp or linux based netbook, a VPN, and a mobile broadband card. RIM would struggle to produce a clear competitive advantage in the netbook space. RIM would also be competing with laptops. Of course there could be something I am not considering here, but baring that, I just don't see the point of a RIM netbook.

A more likely future is more and more advanced blackberry devices coming from RIM.
    Last edited by codemaker; 10-01-09 at 11:13 AM.
    10-01-09 11:10 AM
    Sickkkkkkk
    10-01-09 04:08 PM
    No predictive typing!!!!!!!! That would be a waste on a full keyboard. LOL

FAIL.
    10-01-09 05:25 PM
    Only BB fanboys/girls would jump on something like this. Just because they can make one, doesnt mean they should.

Would you buy a TV made by Cuisin Art?
    Would you buy a pair of Hyundai jeans?
    Would you buy a pack of Microsoft Sausages?
    10-01-09 05:55 PM
    Microsoft sausages sound nummy.
    10-01-09 07:22 PM
    OP where did you find these pic at? I'd like to believe that BB would make a laptop, but
    10-01-09 07:33 PM
    I don't ever see that actually happening.
    10-01-09 07:34 PM
    definitely a photoshopped. but i would not buy even if it was real.
    10-01-09 08:36 PM
    I call photoshop...
    10-01-09 08:44 PM
    theres this company called apple who used to make laptops and computers and they now make and iphone and that sold like hot cakes theres also a compnay called microsoft they make this thing called an os and they also make a phone os and that is on lots of phones that also sell like hot cakes so rim would just be doing this in reverse so not a stupid as it first sound

edit: oh and definatly photoshoped but they didnt even bother removing the windows key lol
    Last edited by slaming; 10-14-09 at 12:52 PM.
    10-14-09 12:11 PM
    this would be so sickkk !!!!!! can this ever be released ?!
    10-15-09 06:57 PM
    definitely a photoshopped. but i would not buy even if it was real.

why wouldn't you buy this ?
    10-15-09 06:58 PM
    Thats so fake. RIM hasnt even finished their phone operating system..dont be silly.
    10-15-09 06:59 PM
    theres this company called apple who used to make laptops and computers
    OMG they've stopped making laptops?
    10-15-09 07:03 PM
    No one's gonna make a better netbook OS than Windows 7 IMO, it's faster than XP, prettier, more powerful and more secure.
    10-15-09 08:15 PM
    i would get it and wonder what the os will be like
    10-15-09 08:23 PM
    Anyone who says they would get this is just a RIM sackrider..

Hop off.
    10-16-09 02:35 AM
    LOL BB on a netbook? With 256mb ram no doubt and the same screen again.

Don't get me started on dl file sizes

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-18-09 07:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD