In a prior thread, a user posted that they were going to develop a Storm-like Zen theme for the Tour. There was some positive response, but the theme was never developed by the user for whatever reason. Here's the link to that thread:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f148/to...s4-7-a-278956/

With that, I created one using the Tour default Zen theme and just modifying the background image and icon underlay images. So much (almost all) of the theme is the standard Tour Zen theme. And from what I can remember, the Tour's Zen theme is very close, if not identical to the Storm's Zen theme, with the exceptions of the icon underlays. Because of that, I didn't bother trying to modify anything more.

Hope this is of interest to some.

OTA's (finally):

Storm Precision Zen, OS 4.7
    Storm Precision Zen, OS 5.0

Storm Precision Zen with Weather, OS 4.7
    Storm Precision Zen with Weather, OS 5.0
    Storm Precision Zen with Weather(Bug), OS 5.0

Storm Precision Zen with Hidden Today, OS 4.7
    Storm Precision Zen with Hidden Today, OS 5.0

Storm Precision Zen Hidden Today and Weather, OS 4.7
    Storm Precision Zen Hidden Today and Weather(Bug), OS 4.7
    Storm Precision Zen Hidden Today and Weather, OS 5.0
    Storm Precision Zen Hidden Today and Weather(Bug), OS 5.0

Storm Precision Zen Non-Hidden Today, OS 4.7
    Storm Precision Zen Non-Hidden Today, OS 5.0

Storm Precision Zen Non-Hidden Today and Weather, OS 4.7
    Storm Precision Zen Non-Hidden Today and Weather, OS 5.0

Storm Precision Zen Non-Hidden Today (Messages only) and Weather, OS 4.7
    Storm Precision Zen Non-Hidden Today (Messages only) and Weather, OS 5.0

Storm Precision Zen Non-Hidden Today (Calendar only) and Weather, OS 4.7
    Storm Precision Zen Non-Hidden Today (Calendar only) and Weather, OS 5.0

Storm Precision Zen Non-Hidden Today (Calendar only), OS 5.0

And if you feel so inclined,

Some screen shots for the various versions:

Default (standard Zen):

Hidden today:

Hidden today and weather:

Non-hidden today:

Non-hidden today and weather:

Application screen:
    Last edited by DolfanCole; 04-05-10 at 08:27 AM. Reason: Added non-hidden today with calendar only link
    12-18-09 01:24 PM
    nice but it needs a weather slot unless im missing it
    12-18-09 02:29 PM
    nice but it needs a weather slot unless im missing it
    You didn't miss it.

I've actually gotten use to a weather slot (and the hidden-today) and really don't use any theme that doesn't have them both. So, this is a little odd for me not to have it. But, I just did the quickest conversion first. Over the next day or so, I'll try and put together some different version combinations with the hidden today and weather to go along with what's already posted.

I suppose that and some screenshots. Didn't dawn on me to post those, even though I know how much I rely on them when checking out a theme. For those of you who would like screenshots, until I can post some just check out the link posted for the other thread and the display is identical.
    12-18-09 02:57 PM
    kool ill keep checking back weather slot is a MUST for me
    12-18-09 03:45 PM
    Looks good. But I'd love to have a weather and hidden today version as well for my Bold 9700. They are the only themes I use. Thanks.
    12-18-09 08:25 PM
    A weather slot is desirable for those with legacy/free weather apps, but be aware that it is unnecessary for users of Berryweather. The latest version of Berryweather adds a weather icon and temperature to any existing theme with user-defined placement.

Please consider a non-hidden today and non-hidden messages version too.

(1) hidden today with weather slot
    (2) hidden today without weather slot
    (3) non-hidden today without weather slot
    (4) non-hidden messages without weather slot
    12-18-09 09:43 PM
    Attached are some screen shots for the different versions. Forgive me as I don't know the best way to insert pictures into a post. But, I hope this helps.
    12-20-09 11:27 AM
    woot tyvm for updating
    12-20-09 12:52 PM
    woot tyvm for updating
    No problem. You're welcome. I'm making a slight update that didn't occur to me at first. The weather icon doesn't highlight when it has the focus. I turned the graphics off intentionally 'cause the standard ones didn't look too good on an icon all by itself. But, it really bothers me to not have a definitive indication that the icon is selected. So, I'm gonna make that update and repost (obviously only affects the weather versions).
    12-20-09 03:59 PM
    I really like this design, I'm using the hidden today only version.
    I noticed a few things on the lock-screen: The background remains as the storm background, and the lock icon on the lock screen looks kinda grainy...maybe too big?

Thank you for the nice theme!
    12-20-09 04:15 PM
    I really like this design, I'm using the hidden today only version.
    I noticed a few things on the lock-screen: The background remains as the storm background, and the lock icon on the lock screen looks kinda grainy...maybe too big?

Thank you for the nice theme!
    Thanks. What should the background be on the lock screen? I kept it the same 'cause I didn't know anything better to make it.

Also, I think I loaded up the wrong lock icon. I think I fixed it and I'll update.
    12-20-09 04:39 PM
    I would've liked the lock screen background to be the same as the home screen, so if I put a new one for the home screen it would change the lock screen too.
    12-20-09 04:50 PM
    I would've liked the lock screen background to be the same as the home screen, so if I put a new one for the home screen it would change the lock screen too.
    Ahh ... gotcha. I've fixed that. I'll be uploaded updated versions shortly.
    12-20-09 05:19 PM
    Could you make one that does not have the today function but has a weather icon spot?
    12-21-09 12:45 PM
    An OTA would be great. I can't load it from DM.
    12-21-09 02:14 PM
    Never mind. Figured it out.
    12-21-09 04:13 PM
    I love this theme. I think I finally found one that's perfect for me. Thanks.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-21-09 11:52 PM
    I love this theme. I think I finally found one that's perfect for me. Thanks.

Great! I can't really take any artistic credit though. It's the basic Storm theme where I just used the graphics to make it for the Tour. Glad you like it though!
    12-22-09 11:03 AM
    Could you make one that does not have the today function but has a weather icon spot? I hate the today stuff
    12-22-09 11:10 AM
    Could you make one that does not have the today function but has a weather icon spot? I hate the today stuff
    I'll try and get to that and hopefully post later tonight, as long as it doesn't interfere with my annual better-late-than-never Christmas shopping.
    12-22-09 01:44 PM
    ANY ota upcoming?
    12-22-09 06:44 PM
    ANY ota upcoming?
    Yes, any OTA in the near future??
    12-22-09 10:57 PM
    I don't have a means to host the theme as an OTA. In the meantime, here are the zipped up files to install via the DM.
    Hi DC, you may want to check out this link. I bet there are many more peeps that would appreciate your Theme with an easy (read: lazy) OTA available for each version.

an_idiots_guide_how_to_host_your_own_ota_themes

Attached are some screen shots for the different versions. Forgive me as I don't know the best way to insert pictures into a post. But, I hope this helps.
    Also, it would be great of you to add full screen shots right into your 1st post instead of having them as attachments. Anyone on the mobile forums (aka wapforums) cannot see them as attachments.

In case you hadn't figured out how to do this yet, you need to upload the pic to a site where you have it in a public album, like Flickr, photobucket, etc. Then paste the image's URL onto your post and put [img] at the beginning and [/img] at the end.

I use the free app iTookThisOnMyPhone, but that's for uploading straight from your device. I think you have all these on your PC already, so you would just upload them direct to a photo site, have you CB post open to edit in another tab on your PC Browser, and copy & paste the image URL's.
    Last edited by elite1; 12-24-09 at 09:19 PM.
    12-23-09 02:26 AM
    Hi DC, you may want to check out this link. I bet there are many more peeps that would appreciate your Theme with an easy (read: lazy) OTA available for each version.

an_idiots_guide_how_to_host_your_own_ota_themes

Also, it would be great of you to add full screen shots right into your 1st post instead of having them as attachments. Anyone on the mobile forums (aka wapforums) cannot see them as attachments.

In case you hadn't figured out how to do this yet, you need to upload the pic to a site where you have it in a public album, like Flickr, photobucket, etc. Then paste the image's URL onto your post and put [img] at the beginning and [/img] at the end.

I use the free app iTookThisFromMyPhone, but that's for uploading straight from your device. I think you have all these on your PC already, so you would just upload them direct to a photo site, have you CB post open to edit in another tab on your PC Browser, and copy & paste the image URL's.
    That's great stuff. Thanks! I'm just as lazy as the next guy, so I can definitely appreciate the convenience of an OTA. I'll definitely look into this and see what I can do. I already have a Flickr account that I suppose I can use to host the screenshots. Hadn't thought about that.

Sorry everyone for the inconvenience of things and my slow reaction to updating. I haven't been on this end of things before. So please bear with me. I'll try to get an OTA, screen shots, and a version with just a weather slot as soon as I can (interpretation -- I'm gonna try and do this but unfortunately it'll be slower than you'd hope).

12-23-09 11:41 AM
    That's a great theme. Now, where is the donation link?

For a future version, you might consider eliminating some of the excess space at the top. I realize this is standard on Blackberrys, but it's unnecessary. That extra space could be used to display another calendar and/or message entry on the main screen without reducing font size or spacing.

Original

Reduced sound icon to 80% of original size and shifted everything up
    Last edited by bkdtv; 12-24-09 at 01:36 PM.
    12-23-09 12:58 PM
134 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD