i have a blackberry bold and the reason i decided to switch to the pre was the itunes sync and 8 gigs built in and the cheaper plan, BUT after have 4 replacements and nonstop problems with the pre for those 10 days i couldn't return it fast enough and get my bold back. soooooo happy again <3 i have a phone that actually works, doesn't have any hardware issues, AND can last all day battery wise (:
    09-17-09 09:18 PM
    i have a blackberry bold and the reason i decided to switch to the pre was the itunes sync and 8 gigs built in and the cheaper plan, BUT after have 4 replacements and nonstop problems with the pre for those 10 days i couldn't return it fast enough and get my bold back. soooooo happy again <3 i have a phone that actually works, doesn't have any hardware issues, AND can last all day battery wise (:
    K thanks bye.
    09-17-09 10:40 PM
    So in YOUR opinion, don't buy a palm pre.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-17-09 10:47 PM
    im just saying that if you have a super sturdy blackberry the pre will feel very cheap to you.
    09-18-09 08:44 AM
    im just saying that if you have a super sturdy blackberry the pre will feel very cheap to you.
    Um.... I know plenty of people who had blackberrys who switched to the Pre and have never once complained about it feeling "cheap".

So now that you have a blackberry again, and this is the palm pre/web os forum and you have nothing productive to add to it.....

ok thanks bye.
    09-18-09 09:53 AM
    In the times I've tested it out in the store, it hasn't felt cheap to me. Granted, it doesn't feel like my Curve 8330 does in my hand, but that's because it's not an 8330. Is it different? Yes. Will it take some getting used to? Yes. Are there issues like there are with all new phones? Yes. Look at the problems lots of people had with the Tour -- a BlackBerry model. Are those being addressed? Yes. Did everybody have the issues? No.

If I get a Pre, I'm going to invest in a good case/skin. I really should do that with my 8330, but I haven't yet. I figure a case will add a touch of sturdiness to any phone.

Is your opinion the be all and end all of those who have switched between Pre and BlackBerry? No. Thanks for the valiant effort, though.

Basically, the thread title should be "Why I won't by a Palm Pre ever again: one man's story".
    09-18-09 10:22 AM
    don't get me wrong: the WebOS is AMAZING! when i wasn't having hardware issues i loved using the phone, but the build quality seems underpar which isn't really that acceptable these days. and the people that dont complain about their pre's obviously don't mind dead pixels because nearly ALL have them and they drive me insane. but i think the pre works for some people.

is there a way to change the title of a thread on here?

and @pathymo i actually DO have good info to give about the pre, SOFTWARE wise. i did have the phone for a week and a half...
    09-18-09 12:48 PM
    don't get me wrong: the WebOS is AMAZING! when i wasn't having hardware issues i loved using the phone, but the build quality seems underpar which isn't really that acceptable these days. and the people that dont complain about their pre's obviously don't mind dead pixels because nearly ALL have them and they drive me insane. but i think the pre works for some people.

is there a way to change the title of a thread on here?

and @pathymo i actually DO have good info to give about the pre, SOFTWARE wise. i did have the phone for a week and a half...
    Well, you can always ask a mod to see if they'll change it for you. I know you were frustrated with your Pre, but I dunno...the title seemed rather harsh, especially if you also had good experiences with it from the OS/software side. I'd venture to say a lot of Tour owners felt this exact same way when it came out, though...but I think in both cases, hopefully the respective manufacturers will learn from the initial production and make corrections.
    09-18-09 01:10 PM
    A whole week and a half? Wow! You should apply for a job at Palm and help them develop their next iteration of the Pre!
    09-18-09 01:11 PM
    A whole week and a half? Wow! You should apply for a job at Palm and help them develop their next iteration of the Pre!
    well, for me, i can pretty much know everything about a device within a few days so thats why i said that.
    09-18-09 01:31 PM
    Um.... I know plenty of people who had blackberrys who switched to the Pre and have never once complained about it feeling "cheap".

So now that you have a blackberry again, and this is the palm pre/web os forum and you have nothing productive to add to it.....

ok thanks bye.
    I know a few people that switched to a Pre from a BB and had to switch back because of problems!

I like the Pre's design and the WebOS is kool but I don't think is a phone fit for me, I just don't think I can get used to the small keyboard...IMO the Pre is far from being crap it will get better over time
    09-18-09 01:51 PM
    The Bold is super sturdy, but if you have taken a look at the recent BBs that have come out, and have had the chance to hold them, they feel like POS.
    09-18-09 03:12 PM
    The Bold is super sturdy, but if you have taken a look at the recent BBs that have come out, and have had the chance to hold them, they feel like POS.
    I do understand what you are saying. None of the new berries feel as sturdy and nice as my bold. If I had the newer ones and switched to a pre I bet I would have kept it and dealt with the issues lol (:

09-18-09 07:49 PM
    I have had mine for 2 days and has completely locked up on me 3 times...took it back 4 another one.....Batteries suck an boy do these things get warm....I will monitor my 30 day return period very closely....
    09-18-09 09:33 PM
    I left my Curve for a Pre and haven't looked back. The blackberry OS's are boring now and it's nice to have something new and different. It's just a matter of preference, really.
    09-19-09 09:55 AM
    I have 2 friends that work for sprint, they told me how nice this Pre was going to be, I believed them because I watched video's on it and stuff really looked like a nice phone, I have tried one with no issues. The problem is my 2 friends were going to switch from there BB's to the Pre, but after they saw a lot of customers coming to the store to bring them back some dead pixel issues, battery issues, people had the phone shutdown during a call, etc. They didn't want to switch to them.

I totally understand that some people might not have the same problem with the phone as other people do, and that's great to hear if you have it with no problems good for you. I got my Blackberry Bold and never looked back, I just haven't had any major problems since day 1 on it. I realized this phone was actually one of RIM's best Berry's. That is why I kept it.

I still like the pre for some stuff... that webos is badass lolol.. .
    09-19-09 10:16 AM
    I have 2 friends that work for sprint, they told me how nice this Pre was going to be, I believed them because I watched video's on it and stuff really looked like a nice phone, I have tried one with no issues. The problem is my 2 friends were going to switch from there BB's to the Pre, but after they saw a lot of customers coming to the store to bring them back some dead pixel issues, battery issues, people had the phone shutdown during a call, etc. They didn't want to switch to them.

I totally understand that some people might not have the same problem with the phone as other people do, and that's great to hear if you have it with no problems good for you. I got my Blackberry Bold and never looked back, I just haven't had any major problems since day 1 on it. I realized this phone was actually one of RIM's best Berry's. That is why I kept it.

I still like the pre for some stuff... that webos is badass lolol.. .
    This is EXACTLY how I feel! The idea of the pre is amazing and so is the operating system, but way too many hardware issues to fully love it :/

09-19-09 03:11 PM
    This is EXACTLY how I feel! The idea of the pre is amazing and so is the operating system, but way too many hardware issues to fully love it :/

were are you guys coming off with hardware issues for this phone? we have sold 8 here and none have come back with complaints or problems. One actually came back to say how much he loved it.. im full blackberry supporter but you have to give credit were its due and to jump all over it for nothing is sad... youll have to also point out the endless complaints of the storm, or the tour trackball then cause those are actual problems with a phone that have been noted, nothing with the pre yet.
    09-20-09 01:28 PM
    were are you guys coming off with hardware issues for this phone? we have sold 8 here and none have come back with complaints or problems. One actually came back to say how much he loved it.. im full blackberry supporter but you have to give credit were its due and to jump all over it for nothing is sad... youll have to also point out the endless complaints of the storm, or the tour trackball then cause those are actual problems with a phone that have been noted, nothing with the pre yet.
    well the problem, FOR ME, is that i went to the pre from a rock solid blackberry bold! each pre i had had dead pixels and wobbly sliders and got EXTREMELY hot and from what best buy and sprint told me, that's normal. oh and then there were the light leaks on the sides of the phone in the black border -_-

you are lucky to have a pre that has no hardware issues, but i had FIVE and they all were lackluster to me.
    09-20-09 01:43 PM
    To be truthful, I've never used the Pre but I only hear good things about it. No matter what kind of device you have, there will always be a flaw somewhere, in someone's software development or in its physicality - HOWEVER, this is not to say the Pre is any more flawed than BBs are.

I think it was just sour grapes..
    09-20-09 05:17 PM
    well the problem, FOR ME, is that i went to the pre from a rock solid blackberry bold! each pre i had had dead pixels and wobbly sliders and got EXTREMELY hot and from what best buy and sprint told me, that's normal. oh and then there were the light leaks on the sides of the phone in the black border -_-

you are lucky to have a pre that has no hardware issues, but i had FIVE and they all were lackluster to me.
    1st gen hardware iteration for the Pre and the #1 complaint for it has been the hardware itself. So yeah it would kind of be expected to some extent.
    09-20-09 05:59 PM
    Palm Pre trouble roundup

There is something I found out.
    09-20-09 06:04 PM
    Pre return rate - 11%
    Tour return rate - 50%

Return rates: Palm Pre 11%. Apple iPhone 3GS 7%. - Apple 2.0 - Fortune Brainstorm Tech

Analyst: 50% Return Rate for Blackberry Tour - PC World

Now that we can move past that issue, let me say personally I love my Pre. Still using a BB (8330) for business use, let's face it - can't beat the e-mail push with a BB, but for everything else I prefer (and use) my Pre.
    09-20-09 06:20 PM
    The iphone has no moving parts whatsoever basically. It's nothing but a touchscreen so the return rate better be low.

And the OP came from a Bold. The tour has a known trackball design issue.
    09-20-09 06:26 PM
    About saying the bold had no problems it was recalled early on the get fixed and still had problems and like someone else posted look at the return rates for the tour vs palm pre.. Now if you actually got 5 broken in a row your one person compared to 1000s of others who haven't had problems

09-21-09 10:44 AM
90 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD