Okay this icon just appear 20 minutes ago and I don't know what it is (Orange envelop on email icon)

06-22-10 10:10 PM
    I have the exact same thing. Who is your email provider for that specific icon?

Mine is Hotmail (using a Live ID).
    06-22-10 11:10 PM
    Okay this icon just appear 20 minutes ago and I don't know what it is (Orange envelop on email icon)

If you guys go to your MESSAGES folder it should be there. Once you are there select "U" for the unread message...
    06-22-10 11:13 PM
    If you guys go to your MESSAGES folder it should be there. Once you are there select "U" for the unread message...
    Tried that already. No success.
    06-22-10 11:14 PM

I use hotmail I don't know if its live ID or not
    06-22-10 11:14 PM
    Got the same thing on my 9700/5.0.0.743 - it only came up after I installed the new official rogers OS upgrade tonight. (Am I one of few that had .743 available from their carrier already? The last official update rogers had was the .351!)

I have 5 email accounts under BIS and 2 of them are hotmail, the orange icon was on one of the hotmail accounts right away and about an hour later magically popped up on the other hotmail account as well. No idea why and no messages waiting either.

Also have the gmail plugin for 2-way sync and those don't have icons.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by ttbryson; 06-23-10 at 04:08 AM.
    06-23-10 03:52 AM
    Are you using .586 from tmobile?
    06-23-10 08:38 AM
    Are you using .586 from tmobile?
    No I am using .656
    06-23-10 08:49 AM
    Then I have no idea lol...

But at least you're not the only one:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f2/new-...l-icon-487072/
    06-23-10 08:56 AM
    same here. But did anyone's BBM dissappear.? Mine did. So I'm now just going to do a complete wipe and upgrade while I'm at it.
    06-23-10 10:18 AM
    wow! this just happened to me too!
    carrier: T-Mo
    email: hotmail

how crazy!!!
    06-23-10 11:22 AM
    Just happened to me a few hours ago - Also a hotmail/T-Mobile user. Still getting emails, though. Strange
    06-23-10 09:41 PM
    Got that little icon too but I did a battery pull and it went away anyone know how to get it back...I have 2 hotmail email acts on my phone

06-23-10 11:40 PM
    Its a new hotmail/live icon, the ribbon around the envelope is similar to the ribbon in the windows live messenger icon.

I also have a new "Y!" icon on my yahoo email folder where the orange envelope is on my live/hotmail account
    06-24-10 12:10 AM
    Yeah, it is just the carriers changing the icons that they use, don't worry about it.
    06-24-10 05:13 AM

i had the same problem, and deleted the e-mail account off my phone completely. i re-added it 2 minutes later and the icon was back to normal. you don't lose any of your old e-mails either.
    hope this helps!
    12-14-10 09:39 AM
    i had the same problem, and deleted the e-mail account off my phone completely. i re-added it 2 minutes later and the icon was back to normal. you don't lose any of your old e-mails either.
    hope this helps!
    It will be back as it is 'pushed' to your BB by your carrier.
    12-14-10 09:43 AM
    Servicebooks are what's used to push that icon to your device. Something as such as resending them usually does this.

12-14-10 09:57 AM
    Hi, i dont know if my problem is the same but i recently bought my curve off of a friend and have yet to set up my own account. I can still see the icon for his on my home screen but i cant see his messages, also there is now a small icon on my screen telling me i have 2 unread emails but i cannot access them- ive tried going into email settings to delete his account but it tells me that there are no email accounts on my blackberry and asks me to set one up
    Setting up my own account made no difference either, i still could not remove the 2 unread emails icon from my screen and it is incredibly annoying. Any ideas?
    02-13-11 10:50 AM
    Hi, i dont know if my problem is the same but i recently bought my curve off of a friend and have yet to set up my own account. I can still see the icon for his on my home screen but i cant see his messages, also there is now a small icon on my screen telling me i have 2 unread emails but i cannot access them- ive tried going into email settings to delete his account but it tells me that there are no email accounts on my blackberry and asks me to set one up
    Setting up my own account made no difference either, i still could not remove the 2 unread emails icon from my screen and it is incredibly annoying. Any ideas?
    Maybe highight the date above all those messages and hit menu > mark prior read, then menu > delete all messages. Try a battery pull afterwards. If that doesn't help, you'll need to use BBSAK to wipe out the OS, then reload the curve's OS from your curve's version number on it's respective forums.

02-13-11 06:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD