Ive had loads of problems since i got this phone and would like some help please.

Firstly, i got a JVM error a couple of months ago. I wiped the system using JL Cmder and reinstalled the OS and all was okay!

For like 2 weeks. Then i got another JVM error. THis time i learnt i could use Event Log on JL Cmder and go into cmd prompt to delete the app that was causing the problem! and it worked.

Now, i have a new problem that i cant solve. The blackberry kept restarting, and wouldnt turn on, just a constant reboot cycle. I learnt off the internet i could use the app loader to stop the cycle and reinstall the OS. Yes it traps the cycle, but when it gets to the second stage of installing, something like "waiting for device initialization".. the blackberry restarts itself, therefore going back into the reboot cycle. Then the setup cannot connect to the phone cos it keeps restarting. So i cant install the OS !

Now if i leave my phone, it jsut keeps restarting itself.. loads up like 50% then restarts again. If i leave it a couple of hours and come back to it, i find just a blank white screen, i dont know what this means.

Can anyone help? Despite trapping it so it stops rebooting, it still restarts itself on the second stage of installation. Please, i really want my blackberry back, its unusable.

Thanks in advance!
    08-30-10 06:25 AM
    What OS are you trying to install?
    08-30-10 07:26 AM
    What OS are you trying to install?
    +1, what OS are you trying to install ? Usually apploader can catch the phone mid boot, and begin doing it's thing. If it tried to load once, then would do its first boot, it sounds like a bad OS/or hybrid. You should try a KNOWN good official OS, pull the battery a couple times afterward, keep all themes and questionable apps OFF your phone, and see after one or two weeks if you have a hardware or software problem...
    08-30-10 07:29 AM
    Ive downloaded the official Orange UK OS from the Blackberry website so i cant see it being a problem.

I'd also like to add, once i left it for like 5 hours and it loaded up! I managed to do a complete wipe of it and used it for 5 minutes but it restarted itself randomly and carried on with the cycle. Not had it on since.

And when the blackberry comes to this white screen, the pc doesn't recognise it when i plug it in.
    Last edited by TheSweetmore; 08-30-10 at 08:04 AM.
    08-30-10 07:57 AM
    Ive had loads of problems since i got this phone and would like some help please.

Firstly, i got a JVM error a couple of months ago. I wiped the system using JL Cmder and reinstalled the OS and all was okay!

For like 2 weeks. Then i got another JVM error. THis time i learnt i could use Event Log on JL Cmder and go into cmd prompt to delete the app that was causing the problem! and it worked.

Now, i have a new problem that i cant solve. The blackberry kept restarting, and wouldnt turn on, just a constant reboot cycle. I learnt off the internet i could use the app loader to stop the cycle and reinstall the OS. Yes it traps the cycle, but when it gets to the second stage of installing, something like "waiting for device initialization".. the blackberry restarts itself, therefore going back into the reboot cycle. Then the setup cannot connect to the phone cos it keeps restarting. So i cant install the OS !

Now if i leave my phone, it jsut keeps restarting itself.. loads up like 50% then restarts again. If i leave it a couple of hours and come back to it, i find just a blank white screen, i dont know what this means.

Can anyone help? Despite trapping it so it stops rebooting, it still restarts itself on the second stage of installation. Please, i really want my blackberry back, its unusable.

Thanks in advance!
    I had this same problem yesterday when I was trying to revert to factory settings to return a defective Storm to Verizon. Here is what I did to solve my issue

1. Install 5.0.0.328 software on my computer
    2. Removed Vendor.xml file from apploader file
    3. Follow command prompts from OP
    4. Turn off BB to stop reload cycle and pull battery
    5. when apploader starts reconnect BB to USB port, put battery back in phone, then power on BB.
    6. Run through app loader
    7. Restore backup files and apps

Mod: Thanks for this thread, CB has been a lifesaver for me the past 2 years I have had my storm!
    08-31-10 07:31 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD