Nothing will get removed but you will have to manually delete vendor.xml and then use the AppLoader to load .656. BigBadWulf has detailed direction in the first post of this thread.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Yes, I understand that part....I've already installed plenty of OSs on my BB.

The problem I have is when I previously installed .593 on my PC, it did not create an "Add/Remove Program" entry for me. I want to uninstall the .593 OS on my PC before I install .656 but I can't because I have nothing to remove in Add/Remove Programs.

My question is, if I manually remove all the folders under Common Files, would it be the same as if I installed via Add/Remove programs?
    05-23-10 03:10 PM
    Ok I understand now. I have never removed an old OS from my PC, I agree with the previous poster, why not just leave .593 on your PC and install .656 on top of it.

05-23-10 03:13 PM
    IOk I understand now. I have never removed an old OS from my PC, I agree with the previous poster, why not just leave .593 on your PC and install .656 on top of it

I guess I don't understand the disadvantage of leaving the .593 in there. .

05-23-10 03:14 PM
    Vodafone UK have just gone official with .656

Had a RIM update notification earlier, connected and there it was.

I can't believe how on the ball Voda are lately, they used to be so slow with OS updates.
    That's .545 .586 and now .656 all in the space of a month.
    05-23-10 03:27 PM
    Is anyone still missing their App World and IM icons? Had to redownload again from the bb bookmarks...
    05-23-10 04:29 PM
    Is anyone still missing their App World and IM icons? Had to redownload again from the bb bookmarks...
    Yup... this has happened to me with all the latest .5xx OS installs.

The apps show in the app list, but don't seem to be fully installed.
    05-23-10 04:33 PM
    Or you could just install the new OS version on your PC... what's the big deal if a few files are still there (rhetorical... no need to answer)... if the OS is not listed in your Control Panel like I said just install the new version.
    It will still have a file in your PC registry, which could cause an install issue. I'd Use a freeware program, CC Cleaner, to fix that.

The AppWorld, and other misc icons missing, but app installed is strange, but been happening with some OS installs. You did the right thing, reinstalling it again. Never seemed to have them reappear with battery pulls.

WAPers do it With A Passion
    I'm many people's brother, have several BB daughters and sons,
    but I sure as heck ain't your momma!
    I'm a Survivor Baby!But the dang game fizzled out

05-23-10 04:40 PM
    Hey guys,

I just installed this, looks like everything went fine but I notice when I view some of my pictures they're displaying in a not so good quality. Anyone know whats up with that?
    05-23-10 10:52 PM
    Hey guys,

I just installed this, looks like everything went fine but I notice when I view some of my pictures they're displaying in a not so good quality. Anyone know whats up with that?
    This is a common problem with most OS builds.

You can either press '1' while viewing your pics to sharpen up the image, or delete the .DAT file from your media card...

Files > My Files > Media Card > BlackBerry > (Menu) Show Hidden > system > media > thumbs480x360.dat > (Menu) Delete

05-24-10 12:24 AM
    Vodafone UK have just gone official with .656
    Yay....just done mine, had to re-register Berryweather and set it all up from scratch, Fixmo Tools had some ini file missing error so I did a battery pull and it came back unregistered, custom theme settings trashed on active theme, App World vanished completely (well it said it had but was just the icon - re-installed), Poynt (to reset from scratch), had to reset permissions for various other apps (TubeBuddy, Google Maps etc.)

Why do these things break when updating OS, they didn't used to?

Haven't timed bootup but it 'seemed' a little faster...
    05-24-10 03:50 AM
    Most of my apps transfer fine, but a few do need registered. Fixmo and AddOnis I always have to register again, and Google Maps I have to sign into. Docs transfers, Fancy Characters needs activated, and the rest are as I left them. Oh! Except AppWorld has been havimg the disappearing icon for everyone as far as I can tell.

WAPers do it With A Passion
    I'm many people's brother, have several BB daughters and sons,
    but I sure as heck ain't your momma!
    I'm a Survivor Baby!But the dang game fizzled out

Last edited by BigBadWulf; 05-24-10 at 05:14 AM.
    05-24-10 05:11 AM
    I keep getting random SMS messages saying unread in my mainmenu but I dont have any unread sms messages

On the homepage it will show a message for 8unread messages but there arenta ny unread messages anda battery pull just seems to add 1 or 2 wtf
    05-24-10 11:38 AM
    I keep getting random SMS messages saying unread in my mainmenu but I dont have any unread sms messages

On the homepage it will show a message for 8unread messages but there arenta ny unread messages anda battery pull just seems to add 1 or 2 wtf
    I had a similar problem to this before, but as it turned out, it was not a Blackberry error so much as my error.

I had hidden my Blackberry email folder (I don't use the email address my Blackberry is registered with often) and as new messages slowly entered the inbox I would have phantom unread messages left on my home screen. Took me a while to figure that one out, haha.

Anyways, just make sure you don't have any email inboxes or such hidden, so you don't drive yourself crazy for a few weeks like I did. Just a suggestion.
    05-25-10 08:55 AM
    This is a common problem with most OS builds.

You can either press '1' while viewing your pics to sharpen up the image, or delete the .DAT file from your media card...

Files > My Files > Media Card > BlackBerry > (Menu) Show Hidden > system > media > thumbs480x360.dat > (Menu) Delete

Phil, you don't know how long I've been wanting to fix this with the pictures. I was about to downgrade all the way down to .330 since it's the only OS that does not display pictures like that. The question is, will that .DAT file return again? LOL I might just downgrade either since I like to have the option of how many thumbnails I'd like to view.

05-27-10 03:18 AM
    ...The question is, will that .DAT file return again?
    The answer is, yes it will

It's totally random though... sometimes it will be gone for days, sometimes only a few minutes.

But now you know where it is, it's an easy fix

05-27-10 04:30 AM
    Yes, it came back. Ugh! LOL It doesn't happen on .330 though. I wonder why. Thanks though.

05-27-10 03:06 PM
    I donwload the .656, delete the vendor file and run it and nothing. Any help
    05-28-10 08:55 PM
    Just installed .656 last night after running the stock OS that came with the Vodafone UK device back when it was launched. had the same issue with App world, so had to re install. for some reason App world doesn't want to acknowledge my existing Apps and isn't displaying them in my list feature. also my PayPal app isn't running right and is not letting me view my History or Balance. I've re-installed the app but alas still no luck, suggestions?

05-31-10 07:41 AM
    Just installed .656 last night after running the stock OS that came with the Vodafone UK device back when it was launched. had the same issue with App world, so had to re install. for some reason App world doesn't want to acknowledge my existing Apps and isn't displaying them in my list feature. also my PayPal app isn't running right and is not letting me view my History or Balance. I've re-installed the app but alas still no luck, suggestions?

HI, r u referring to your Purchased Apps or Apps you downloaded for Free? B/c if it's Free Apps you've downloaded, they disappear everytime you a wipe. You still have them if you did a Restore, but they no longer show up in your list unless you re-download them. Only your Purchased Apps will show, and that's when you Log into your 'My World' and put in your Paypal info.
    06-05-10 01:40 AM
    Sooo whats the final on .656 AVEA is it stable or not??? I'm not using UMA just normal EDGE GSM
    07-09-10 05:53 PM
95 ... 234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD