BlackBerry Handheld Software v5.0.0.1254 (EastAsia)

Package Version: 5.0.0.1149
    Consisting of:
    Applications: 5.0.0.743
    Software Platform: 5.1.0.165
    File name: 9700jEastAsia_PBr5.0.0_rel1254_PL5.1.0.165_A5.0.0. 743_Optus_Mobile_Pty_Limited.exe
    File size: 128.307 MB
    Note: The Software Platform and Applications version numbers can be found under Options-About screen on the handheld.

DOWNLOAD LINK:
    https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...16DC332&step=4

Instructions for installing on ANY carrier's 9700:

1. Download the above OS file to the PC then install it to the PC by running (double clicking) the file you downloaded.
    2. Go to c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader and delete the file named "vendor.xml."
    3. Plug in BB and double click on "Loader.exe." It's located in the same place as the above vendor.xml file.

The process takes about 45 minutes to an hour depending on how much data you have to backup and restore during the process. Once it's done loading the new OS it will reboot (it may do this twice during the entire process.) You will see a white screen with an hourglass for up to 20 minutes at a time while the DM says "waiting for initialization."
    If, for some reason, you end up with a white screen with small icons and the number 507, simply connect to the PC again and run Loader.exe again and it should load the OS to the device.
    06-10-10 08:27 PM
    Now just to get it STUCK.
    06-10-10 08:50 PM
    I was about to upgrade to 680 and now I see this one.

Anyone on ATT and tried this new release yet?

I use the beweather and the Section8 theme.

Being I'm on a corpate BES, I'd like to hear from some of you before trying this one.

Thank!
    06-10-10 08:54 PM
    I'm on it and it seems to be working well. Browser seems fast and I have no problems with wifi or anything else so far. Beweather is working perfectly but I'm not using section 8 theme so can't help you there

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-10-10 08:56 PM
    I'm on it and it seems to be working well. Browser seems fast and I have no problems with wifi or anything else so far. Beweather is working perfectly but I'm not using section 8 theme so can't help you there

can you please take a close look at signal if its strong or stronger then on your previous OS ? I'm in 680 and signal is not as good as all my previous OS's
    06-10-10 09:04 PM

Perfect, thanks for the quick feedback. I will upgrade!

BTW, what version of beweather are you running? I have 2.0.68
    06-10-10 09:07 PM
    Looks like we're STUCK
    06-10-10 09:14 PM
    Now just to get it STUCK.
    Done...
    06-10-10 09:15 PM
    Done...
    Thanks Graceless.....I guess I really am a crackberry addict when all I want is to have my thread a sticky Of course, meaning i wanna help the crackberry community as much as they help me!
    06-10-10 09:17 PM
    Yeah .680 had bad reception but definitely faster. Updating now!
    06-10-10 09:18 PM
    Rocking the new os it's nice and smooth for the most part no problems to report but stable clean install with no memory leaks and no corrupted files like meter berry I have had probes with in the past builds needing to be re installed also all my prefs were kept for most things pics were faster and browser zippy good build thus far
    06-10-10 09:20 PM
    So would anyone say this is worth updating to compared to .680?
    06-10-10 09:20 PM
    Thanks Graceless.....I guess I really am a crackberry addict ........!
    Ummmm yeah, about that

Good find. I am going to load it for a friend tomorrow night.
    06-10-10 09:27 PM
    So would anyone say this is worth updating to compared to .680?
    It's a bit too early to tell but keep reading this thread and all the comments till it's quite a few pages long and then decide. I know that's what I will do.

06-10-10 09:33 PM
    I jumped the gun a bit early and updated. In the process now. heheh Im an addicted to Leaked and Official OS's
    06-10-10 09:40 PM
    I jumped the gun a bit early and updated. In the process now. heheh Im an addicted to Leaked and Official OS's
    hope you didn't jump the gun too quickly. your info says you're on a bold 9000. i'm guessing you have to change your info.....if not, i'm interested in hearing how a 9700 OS runs on the 9000.
    06-10-10 09:52 PM
    hope you didn't jump the gun too quickly. your info says you're on a bold 9000. i'm guessing you have to change your info.....if not, i'm interested in hearing how a 9700 OS runs on the 9000.
    Opps typo. Thanks for catching that! Well, Ive uploaded and its been stuck on the Orange AT&T screen for a while. So I unplugged it, pulled the battery out and it loaded up and stayed at the full loading bar and just sat for a long time. I just re pulled the battery again. Oh Crap, How the heck do I fix this someone?
    06-10-10 10:15 PM
    Opps typo. Thanks for catching that! Well, Ive uploaded and its been stuck on the Orange AT&T screen for a while. So I unplugged it, pulled the battery out and it loaded up and stayed at the full loading bar and just sat for a long time. I just re pulled the battery again. Oh Crap, How the heck do I fix this someone?
    Never happened to me before. But I would maybe load the OS again from scratch? I've *never* had a problem loading an OS.....so not quite sure what to tell ya.
    06-10-10 10:17 PM
    Ahh, now I pulled the battery, back in and it loaded up and was at a full bar for a long time and now just switched to the Orange AT&T screen. Now its sitting there doing nothing. HELP! lol
    06-10-10 10:20 PM
    can you please take a close look at signal if its strong or stronger then on your previous OS ? I'm in 680 and signal is not as good as all my previous OS's
    It seems to be stronger on this build. I noticed I had more dropped calls on 680 then I normally do but I haven't talked much yet on this build. Browser does seem faster but I'm noticing wifi taking a bit to give me the green checkmark beside it. It stays with a - for a while then connects.
    Also GPS lock on was quicker in this build then 680 and I've noticed in pictures that thumbnails load with no hesitation at all. I've only done 2 battery pulls so far.

Switchblade I'm using beweather free. I bought QL, beejive, and berrybuzz recently so I'm waiting a bit to buy beweather

06-10-10 10:35 PM
    Ahhh can someone help me? the phone is stuck on the Orange AT&T logo screen!
    06-10-10 10:41 PM
    It seems to be stronger on this build. I noticed I had more dropped calls on 680 then I normally do but I haven't talked much yet on this build. Browser does seem faster but I'm noticing wifi taking a bit to give me the green checkmark beside it. It stays with a - for a while then connects.
    Also GPS lock on was quicker in this build then 680 and I've noticed in pictures that thumbnails load with no hesitation at all. I've only done 2 battery pulls so far.

Switchblade I'm using beweather free. I bought QL, beejive, and berrybuzz recently so I'm waiting a bit to buy beweather

thanks so much for updating me, i already loaded this os in my phone, so far no complains, knocking on the wood
    06-10-10 10:57 PM
    Hmmm...
    After downloading the "unofficial" leak (I know their the same other than the amount of languages) I updated.

After updating, which went perfect as usual, I have an app in my download file named "net_rim_bb_nabsync_100". That's exactly what its called and when I click the app it asks if I want to create a "Mobile Backup".

Never had this pop up before...

06-10-10 10:57 PM
    Guys Im happy for you all seriously. I used to know how to fix nuked CDMA Blackberrys. Now its my first time owning a 9700. Its on the AT&T screen and stuck there. IS that like the VSOD? Verizon Screen of Death Deal? Please I really need someones help.
    06-10-10 11:08 PM
    Ahh, now I pulled the battery, back in and it loaded up and was at a full bar for a long time and now just switched to the Orange AT&T screen. Now its sitting there doing nothing. HELP! lol
    Had that problem on my 9000 once. Try doing a full wipe then installing. (My 9700 gets here Saturday)

06-10-10 11:10 PM
483 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD