BlackBerry Handheld Software v5.0.0.1149 (Multilanguage)

Package Version: 5.0.0.1149
    Consisting of:

* Applications: 5.0.0.680
    * Software Platform: 5.1.0.160
    * File name: 9700M_PBr5.0.0_rel1149_PL5.1.0.160_A5.0.0.680_Etis alat.exe
    * File size: 133.03MB

Download Link:
    -------------
    https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...4A920FC53D9564

RapidShare: 1-CLICK Web hosting - Easy Filehosting

Instructions for installing on ANY carrier's 9700:
    --------------------------------------------------
    1. Download and install OS file to the PC.
    2. Delete the "vendor.xml" file in the location "c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader"
    3. Connect your BlackBerry and execute the file "Loader.exe" in the location "c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader"
    Last edited by tartooob; 05-30-10 at 05:13 AM.
    05-30-10 04:42 AM
    I've tried Hutchison's and Zain Jordan's Multilanguage versions, both don't have the Dutch language included. Do you know by any chance if this Etisalat version does have it? Thanks!
    05-30-10 08:54 AM
    I've tried Hutchison's and Zain Jordan's Multilanguage versions, both don't have the Dutch language included. Do you know by any chance if this Etisalat version does have it? Thanks!
    Sorry for late reply, yes it has DUTCH language included, the Hutchison is not multilanguage, its east Asia version thats why it was missing a lot of languages such as ARABIC or DUTCH
    05-30-10 06:55 PM
    downloaded and installed, so far things are pretty .. next few days will prove if otherwise. Arabic writing problem is resolved, font sizing is about perfect. I love it ... so far ...

May Thanks for posting the update.
    Last edited by khaf; 05-31-10 at 04:58 PM. Reason: Typo
    05-31-10 04:55 PM
    strange, i have the hutchinson's in dutch.
    05-31-10 06:00 PM
    what is the different between the hutchinson version with the etisalat version?
    06-01-10 04:11 AM
    I didn't like the hutchinson version because of the home screen font when placing a call .. Does this version also have it ?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-01-10 05:26 AM
    Why are ther two stickies for the same os?

06-01-10 06:33 AM
    Why are ther two stickies for the same os?

Because there are two variations, EastAsia and Multilanguage. The EastAsia language pack includes Chinese, Japanese, and the most common core western languages. Multilanguage omits the asian languages and character sets, and includes a much wider range of Western, European, Middle Eastern support.

Users should also remember that Etisalat was discrediited by close involvement in a spyware event recently.
    Etisalat�€™s BlackBerry patch designed for surveillance - Telecoms - News & Features - ITP.net
    BlackBerry update bursting with spyware �€� The Register

My advice for anyone using the Etisalat release is to be absolutely certain the download is "clean". In real terms that means downloading direct from a RIM website and server, not through a third party warez server where the install could have been modified. Unfortunately RIM doesn't provide MD5 checksums to verify the integrity of downloads.
    06-01-10 07:04 AM
    No wonder.. I tried to install Dutch + English + Asian languages using the Multilanguage version but couldn't find Dutch.

So is it possible to install Hutchison's EastAsian version + adding the Dutch language to it (by using .axl files)? Does anyone know how to? Thanks!
    Last edited by wonny; 06-01-10 at 09:48 AM.
    06-01-10 09:24 AM
    No wonder.. I tried to install Dutch + English + Asian languages using the Multilanguage version but couldn't find Dutch.

So is it possible to install Hutchison's EastAsian version + adding the Dutch language to it (by using .axl files)? Does anyone know how to? Thanks!

i�m sure i installed the hutchinson�s and i have dutch without doing anything.
    06-01-10 10:38 AM
    i�m sure i installed the hutchinson�s and i have dutch without doing anything.
    I know, I managed to install Dutch too from the Multilanguage version. Just that there is no East Asian language support included.

So this is my problem:
    v5.0.0.680
    The Multilanguage version of Etisalat or Zain Jordan don't have East Asian language support. (Not so Multilanguage after all lol)
    The East Asian version doesn't have the Dutch language.

What I want is to have 5.0.0.680 on my Bold 9700 with English, Dutch and East Asian languages installed (Chinese, Japanese, Korean).
    06-01-10 10:49 AM
    thanks so much
    06-01-10 02:35 PM
    Thanks...as much as I'd love to use it, Etisalat is my competitor ... i want to stay loyal to STC
    06-02-10 02:23 AM
    Odd, ever since I loaded this my Mobile Weather Eye application (weathernet) won't work. Deleted it and reinstalled the ap, same "403 Error" issue? Anyone else having that problem?
    06-02-10 07:51 AM
    Just installed this version but I cannot see the Blackberry App World icon on the main menu! Where did it go? When I go to the applications list I can see it installed.

I had to reinstall the App World manually by going the el BB website and it finally showed on the main menu.
    06-02-10 05:54 PM
    Just installed this version but I cannot see the Blackberry App World icon on the main menu! Where did it go? When I go to the applications list I can see it installed.

I had to reinstall the App World manually by going the el BB website and it finally showed on the main menu.
    Yeah, this issue has become very common for me. I got used to reinstalling App World every time after installing a new OS
    06-02-10 06:39 PM
    Yeah, this issue has become very common for me. I got used to reinstalling App World every time after installing a new OS
    That's true . . . . Even BBSAK doesn't back it up !
    06-02-10 07:10 PM
    Please send the suggestion to BBSAK developer.
    06-03-10 12:34 AM
    I couldn't neither reinstall App world nor download it. Any suggestion to fix this.
    06-04-10 11:34 AM
    Why is it that almost every provider comes up with updated software every now and then except of AT&T?
    06-04-10 04:27 PM
    For some reason I cant upgrade from 656. I installed it and deleted the vendor.xml file but nothing happens when I load the Desktop manager and nor will it show on the list of OS's available. Only option is to downgrade. Tried disconnecting from the internet as well as killing off some processes. Please help!
    06-04-10 10:06 PM
    For some reason I cant upgrade from 656. I installed it and deleted the vendor.xml file but nothing happens when I load the Desktop manager and nor will it show on the list of OS's available. Only option is to downgrade. Tried disconnecting from the internet as well as killing off some processes. Please help!
    Try this and it works everytime.

1. First of all, download the new OS. If you have previous or any unwanted version, do uninstall it first and then clean the registry using CCleaner.

2. Install the new OS. Afterward delete the vendor.xml. Keep the folder open as you'll need to run AppLoader.exe later.

3. Plug in your BlackBerry into PC and run Desktop Manager. Click "No" on any notifications it may have for you. All you need from DM is to Backup/Restore only. Now proceed to Backup process (try to switch off any connections in "Manage Connection" prior doing this. It helps to speed up the process).

4. When you're done doing backup (including BB contacts both remotely and locally), close the DM and now open the folder which contains AppLoader.exe then run it.

5. It'll take a few moment for the apploader to detect or read any programs your BlackBerry has. There should be a list to select and deselect any applications including language options. After you're done there should be a new window asking you to backup/restore data after installing. Select No (helps to speed up).

6. Wait and pray.

7. You should be notified when the operation is successful. Now close it. With your BlackBerry still plugged in (no need to configure anything just yet. Heck, don't even touch it) open DM again and do restore (click yes when it asks you to overwrite current data in your handheld).

8. After a successful restore, unplug your BlackBerry and re-register any applications that need to be re-registered and download any applications that got downgraded during installation (BlackBerry Messenger, for example).

9. You should be experiencing a major lag as your BlackBerry is trying to re-register itself into the network and restore BBM contacts and groups. Wait until the data arrow located on top right of the screen settles down before doing hard reset.

10. Turn off your BlackBerry and take out the battery. Wait for a minute or so then put it in again. Congratulations! You're on new OS.

Hope this helps.
    06-05-10 12:41 AM
    thanks willl use this
    06-05-10 07:45 AM
    Tried that method but it just wont pick up 680 for some reason. Usually what would happen was that once I'd install the OS and deleted vendor.xml running desktop manager would automatically detect a new OS and install it. I tried using app loader this time but no luck. I've used my method to upgrade 6 OS's without any troubles before.
    06-05-10 07:53 AM
59 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD