Is there any way to activate LED alert for missed calls?
    I got a missed call tonight and only noticed it after about an hour as the LED was not blinking. I thought it would if I got a missed call or text/mms/email etc...

Am I wrong into thinking that Blackberry phones do not incorporate the missed call LED alert into their phones?
    11-24-09 01:56 AM
    BeBuzz, have miss call notification. =) One of them must have app. =)
    11-24-09 02:20 AM
    no way to do this without installing an app?
    11-24-09 04:59 AM
    You can set your Blackberry up in profiles to show a amber blinking light when you miss a call or get an email message BUT it does not blink amber for ever, maybe 15 minutes. After this time it will go back to green blinking LED for signal unless you have this turned off. The p[urpose of this is to tell you if you have NEW messages or a NEW call.

So if you want it to blink to warn you of a message of call you received hours ago, you will have to use a thrid party software. It is the way Blackberry has always been.
    11-24-09 05:08 AM
    [QUOTE=greggebhardt;4162322]You can set your Blackberry up in profiles to show a amber blinking light when youy miss a call or get an email message BUT it does not blink amber for ever. Soon or later it will go back to green blinking for signal unless you have this turned off.
    QUOTE]

how would I do this? I tried looking in edit profiles and didnt find anything like this
    11-24-09 05:10 AM
    click on the speaker in the top left corner
    scroll down to edit Profiles and click it
    click on normal
    click on phone
    Change setting here
    INPORTANT - AFTER DONE HIT THE MENU BUTTON AND SAVE OR YOU CHANGES WILL NOT BE SAVED

Enjoy!
    11-24-09 06:15 AM
    no way to do this without installing an app?
    Nope, you will need an app like BeBuzz or BerryBuzz.

how would I do this? I tried looking in edit profiles and didnt find anything like this
    You won't find any settings for this, as BlackBerry LEDs don't flash for missed calls.
    11-24-09 06:18 AM
    You won't find any settings for this, as BlackBerry LEDs don't flash for missed calls.
    Strange that. If the phone was on silent and I had a missed call, there is no way of knowing without actually turning on the screen.
    I'll download the app and see how it goes.

Cheers!
    11-24-09 06:45 AM
    berrybuzz is awesome, most useful and worthwhile app i have ever used/bought.
    12-11-09 04:07 PM
    yeah, i recommend bebuzz, too. it's free and the led blinks in whatever color you choose for missed calls.
    12-11-09 04:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD