08-14-09 04:37 PM
    Looks to be accurate, only time will tell
    08-14-09 06:07 PM
    Would love to see this come to Bell
    08-14-09 08:29 PM
    Would love to see this come to Bell
    YOU AND ME BOTH !

- CB
    Last edited by CarBob; 08-14-09 at 09:48 PM.
    08-14-09 09:46 PM
    Looks to be accurate, only time will tell
    Some are saying that GSM carrier ROGERS will be getting BB Onyx. This begs the question - Will CDMA carrier BELL also be getting Onyx?

Will someone please clarify? Thanks.

- CB
    08-14-09 10:10 PM
    I believe Bell has a new HSPA network coming this fall, so I don't think they'll be getting a CDMA version of the phone, though I could be wrong.
    08-14-09 10:16 PM
    I believe Bell has a new HSPA network coming this fall, so I don't think they'll be getting a CDMA version of the phone, though I could be wrong.
    Bell and Telus are both moving to HSPA over the next couple months (the new network is shared between the two), so CDMA will effectively be finished in Canada for new phones... obviously the old network will continue working for the foreseeable future
    08-14-09 11:35 PM
    Yes the Bell/Telus HSPA network will be coming online soon so Rogers wont be guaranteed first crack at all the new devices anymore..
    08-15-09 03:17 PM
    Yes the Bell/Telus HSPA network will be coming online soon so Rogers wont be guaranteed first crack at all the new devices anymore..
    Actually I'm pretty sure Rogers will get first crack at the devices. They are the largest carrier with the most subscribers. RIM is not going to not launch it on Rogers first.

I believe that it will launch with Rogers and come to Bell. Remember just because Bell will be HSPA soon doesn't mean it's existing customers will automatically transfer over.

Onyx is a GSM phone and so i'm fairly certain the largest gsm carrier will get first dibs.
    Last edited by Madness87; 08-16-09 at 06:00 AM.
    08-15-09 10:56 PM
    Whenever RIM releases a GSM device, Rogers will have priority
    08-16-09 05:36 AM
    I need this one Rogers, asap.
    08-17-09 02:20 AM
    Actually I'm pretty sure Rogers will get first crack at the devices. They are the largest carrier with the most subscribers. RIM is not going to not launch it on Rogers first.

I believe that it will launch with Rogers and come to Bell. Remember just because Bell will be HSPA soon doesn't mean it's existing customers will automatically transfer over.

Onyx is a GSM phone and so i'm fairly certain the largest gsm carrier will get first dibs.
    Rogers is quite a bit smaller than Telus/Bell combined... not to mention they're terrible and massively overpriced. (not that any cell carrier in Canada isn't overpriced... we're a little more expensive than the US, and like 4x the prices in Europe)

the only reason they have first crack at anything is they're currently the only company that supports GSM
    09-06-09 11:06 PM
    Doesn't anyone know someone on the inside who can at least confirm which carrier is getting this phone first in Canada?
    09-08-09 06:31 PM
    Looks like Rogers would probably get this first since Bell/Telus HSPA network doesn't seem to be launching any time at the moment.
    09-19-09 08:59 PM
    Rogers will get it first.
    09-19-09 09:01 PM

This is a very good point that I hadn't considered. Until Telus and Bell get a sizeable number of customers on to the new network, Rogers will easily out sell Belus in HSPA devices. Therefore, Rogers is likely to get first shot at them.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-25-09 11:06 AM
    It will be released on Bell as an HSPA device, same with the Nokia N97.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-27-09 11:46 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD