I believe some of you have the Clarivue. I orderd mine the day before Thanksgiving and I still don't have it, it was the standard shipping.

Does it usually take this long?

Thanks
    12-07-09 10:45 AM
    Took me about about 1-2 weeks. Mine were awful so I hope you have better luck!
    12-07-09 10:46 AM
    Took me about about 1-2 weeks. Mine were awful so I hope you have better luck!
    Thanks!

Awful in what respect, so I know what to expect. Are you using it?
    Last edited by charlyee; 12-07-09 at 10:53 AM.
    12-07-09 10:49 AM
    I've never had a problem putting a screen protector on a phone. 9/10 times its basically perfect. I take my time and a deep breathe. The size doesn't exactly match the screen, it just covered the lcd behind the screen. So matching it to be centered was difficult. So difficult for me for some reason that I couldn't get it right after a few attempts and constantly getting things stuck the "static" side. So I was forced to start with protector 2. Same situation. By the time they were actually on my phone there was so much stuck on the underside in between the screen and the protector I just threw them both out and said ohwell to a $5 loss.

To me it seemed more of a "I like them to be as perfect as possible." Maybe a little OCD but If I have a protector on the display I want it to be centered. I just couldn't make these work.

I have heared from others they are great so I'm sure I just had a problem and maybe an off day but I wont be buying again..
    12-07-09 10:56 AM
    I've ordered from them a few times and don't recall shipping taking too long but you've hit the holiday mail season... Have you contacted them? As far as quality, its going to be a personal preference thing. I personally like them 100% better than the Zagg. I had a Zagg on my 8310 first and hated the orange peel effect. The Clarivue is invisible IMO.

To the above poster...you can run them under water and reapply good as new! I noticed lint under mine this weekend so I rinsed and reapplied. (Be sure to remove the water before reappling)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by brindaarnold; 12-07-09 at 11:13 AM.
    12-07-09 10:56 AM
    I've never had a problem putting a screen protector on a phone. 9/10 times its basically perfect. I take my time and a deep breathe. The size doesn't exactly match the screen, it just covered the lcd behind the screen. So matching it to be centered was difficult. So difficult for me for some reason that I couldn't get it right after a few attempts and constantly getting things stuck the "static" side. So I was forced to start with protector 2. Same situation. By the time they were actually on my phone there was so much stuck on the underside in between the screen and the protector I just threw them both out and said ohwell to a $5 loss.

To me it seemed more of a "I like them to be as perfect as possible." Maybe a little OCD but If I have a protector on the display I want it to be centered. I just couldn't make these work.

I have heared from others they are great so I'm sure I just had a problem and maybe an off day but I wont be buying again..
    Thanks that helps knowing what I might run into. I am also very particular about my screen protectors and somewhat undecided on even if I want to put one on. I have had them on all my previous ones, but most of them were stylus/touch. I think I am more worried about scrtaching them by cleaning. I use the eyeglass cleaner and cloth is that okay?
    I've ordered from them a few times and don't recall shipping taking too long but you've hit the holiday mail season... Have you contacted them? As far as quality, its going to be a personal preference thing. I personally like them 100% better than the Zagg. I had a Zagg on my 8310 first and hated the orange peel effect. The Clarivue is invisible IMO.

To the above poster...you can run them under water and reapply good as new! I noticed lint under mine this weekend so I rinsed and reapplied. (Be sure to remove the water before reappling)

Thanks, yes I had called them early last week and they said the item has been shipped and to expect 5-12 days, so I guess it should be any day now.

I used BodyGuardz on my previous devices which as the same orange peel effect as IS that I also didn't care for. I think I have used Clarivue on my video camera screen but not too sure.
    12-07-09 11:32 AM
    I ordered mine on December 1st (Tuesday) and got them December 4th (Friday), I live in Canada and they ship from Richmond BC, so I get them fairly fast.
    12-07-09 11:44 AM
    Mine was shipped about a week ago but haven't arrived yet. I am in Minnesota ... Lord

12-07-09 01:25 PM
    Mine was shipped about a week ago but haven't arrived yet. I am in Minnesota ... Lord

I am in Wisconsin, maybe the screen protectors are hitch hiking their way SE.
    12-07-09 01:31 PM
    Finally! It was waiting for me when I got home, ofcourse I had to put it on right away. It was somewhat painless & looks good although I think I have lint caught underneath.

I see now what rmead001meant, it is hard to align it correctly since it is smaller than the screen area.

I do like how clear it is.

12-07-09 05:40 PM
    I got mines too today . I think I did a good job ** tap on the back** lol. But yea it is a little smaller then the screen. It only covers the actual part were it lights up.

But it protects and its clear .

12-07-09 05:44 PM
    Can someone post some pictures? I'd like to see how much of the screen is uncovered.
    12-07-09 07:33 PM
    Ok, so I have OCD.

Tried to get the lint/fuzz out, got finger prints on it, tried to rinse it off, got water stains on it. Lol

Finally gave up & installed the other one, I found anything wrong with this one yet. I do like how clear it is.

12-07-09 08:55 PM
    I love Clarivue and don't use any other screen protectors but their shipping time is atrocious. It takes a week or two for mine to arrive.
    12-07-09 09:00 PM
    I used clarivue on my bold 9000. i put scotch tape on the side to help me align it and prevent any finger prints on it. can hardly tell there's a screen protector.
    12-07-09 09:03 PM
    Yes please., pictures!!!

I buy ALL my screen protector material from Protech Invisible Protection Home Page

On RFD we have a 40% off coupon to boot. The 9700 units aren't available..but that's okay. I JUST got my B2 today ....
    12-07-09 09:44 PM
    I used clarivue on my bold 9000. i put scotch tape on the side to help me align it and prevent any finger prints on it. can hardly tell there's a screen protector.
    Awesome idea!

12-07-09 09:52 PM
    I wish I had thought of that, could have saved my first one. Thanks tensai.

12-07-09 09:55 PM
    Ok, so I have OCD.

Tried to get the lint/fuzz out, got finger prints on it, tried to rinse it off, got water stains on it. Lol

Finally gave up & installed the other one, I found anything wrong with this one yet. I do like how clear it is.

I am a big fan of Clarivue and have been using them for my stuff for the past few years. It's a little expensive but they're guaranteed good compared to the cheaper ones which are always hit or miss.

Also, a tip: If you need to get a few tiny bits of dust/lint out of one you've already applied, use a piece of scotch tape stuck to the screen protector to left up the closest side/corner. Then, take another piece of scotch tape, sticky side up, and stick it between the protector and the screen (i.e., sticky on sticky). Press down, peel back up, and when you remove the scotch tape from the inside, it pulls the lint and dust out. I've never been able to "rinse and reapply" like they say you can.
    12-07-09 10:06 PM
    Here are some pics of my onyx with the clarivue anti-glare screen protectors:

12-08-09 02:49 PM
    that looks awesome
    12-08-09 02:57 PM
    The nice thing about Clarivue and some other static screen protectors is that even if you mess up and get dust on them you can always just wash them with water and re-apply...
    12-08-09 03:14 PM
    The nice thing about Clarivue and some other static screen protectors is that even if you mess up and get dust on them you can always just wash them with water and re-apply...
    I don't seem to be able to pull it up by the scotch tape method, is there a trick to it?

Thanks
    12-08-09 03:42 PM
    Get piece of tape then make sure it is really stuck to the protector, I use my fingernail. Then I pull sideways really tight then up.... works most of the time for me. Make sure it is good tape not the cheap dollar store stuff and you should be fine
    12-09-09 09:23 AM
    Get piece of tape then make sure it is really stuck to the protector, I use my fingernail. Then I pull sideways really tight then up.... works most of the time for me. Make sure it is good tape not the cheap dollar store stuff and you should be fine
    Ah, ok thanks! I was not doing the pulling sideways part, just trying to lift up and the tape was seprating from the protector.

Another question, is it ok to use a little soap if it looks/feels greasy?

Thanks again.

PS: This is what happens when I get a great device, which is everything I wanted and more, I spend my time worring about the screen protrctor.
    12-09-09 09:41 AM
49 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD