This morning I woke up to a prompt about lbs.geo.T-Mobile.com certificate expired. It seems to be related to BerryWeather. Every time I reboot the phone this comes up ehen BerryWeather tries to locate. When it is set to cell location only it won't show up. I unninstalled BerryWeatherr and reinstalled with no luck. I even wiped the phone and installed everything from scratch. It still comes up after every reboot. Anybody else seeing this?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-14-11 01:53 PM
    Same thing happened to me today. Rebooted a few times and nothing helped. Had service books resent from tmobile.com but still popping up.

Anyone got a fix for this?
    01-14-11 02:31 PM
    There's one other poster over at T-Mobile forums who experienced the same. I wonder if it is just OS6 related or OS5 also. But I narrowed it down to be caused by BerryWeather in myu case.

01-14-11 02:45 PM
    There's one other poster over at T-Mobile forums who experienced the same. I wonder if it is just OS6 related or OS5 also. But I narrowed it down to be caused by BerryWeather in myu case.

This started happening to me this morning as well. I do have BerryWeather but not sure why this would be the cause as everything has worked perfectly on my phone for 3 months until today. It seems to me like one of T-Mobile's server certificates expired and they need to update it.

Thoughts?

01-14-11 03:39 PM
    Just noticed this today too...Berryweather.

Don't know what is going on...
    01-14-11 04:07 PM
    Happened to me to, but I didn't notice the cause
    01-14-11 04:43 PM
    Talked to our Tier-2 support rep. Turns out it is not berryweather or google maps (which causes the same issue for me). Instead, it is whenever you are connecting to server lbo.geo.t-mobile.com which is used for location based data services. Their security certificate for that server expired this morning. This is an issue on T-Mobile's end. Our guy forwarded it on to the security team, and as soon as I hear back an ETA or when it is completed I will post back here!

01-14-11 04:46 PM
    Well thanks man for solving this. At least we know nothing is broke on our phones.

01-14-11 04:54 PM
    I am surprised that not more people have this issue. Because now it even starts nagging me frequently even though I haven't rebooted the phone.

01-15-11 11:00 AM
    No problems over here...indeed strange.

01-15-11 11:40 AM
    I am surprised that not more people have this issue. Because now it even starts nagging me frequently even though I haven't rebooted the phone.
    Several TMO 9780 users had a similar problem with that same certificate being untrusted...

http://forums.crackberry.com/f41/gps...le-com-558750/

01-15-11 12:28 PM
    I have this problem with GPS and Google Maps. Also, Google Maps is 'unable to get address' nowadays. Whenever I click on someplace on the map, it might show the picture of the residence but it will show nothing else; none of the extra information that I used to be able to access, just the message 'unable to get address' showing up after 'loading address.' I have a BlackBerry Bold 9780.
    01-15-11 05:26 PM
    I have been getting this on facebook myself. Was wondering if it is because the site has upgraded the look again, but now this makes me wonder.

01-15-11 05:34 PM
    I guess it's a bunch of bad certificates that RIM or the carriers issued, that were out of date for quite some time and they need to re-issue them all. This surely sucks. If BeWeather doesn't work due to this, try WeatherEye. Facebook doesn't work, use m.facebook.com. I haven't been getting of those issues. If I do, I know which thread to get back to for my piece of a report.

01-15-11 10:58 PM
    Yep, same problem with me. Had to disable any GPS location/tracking in all apps that use it, to keep from getting the error.

01-16-11 12:19 AM
    I installed the GPS Tracker yesterday and this happened to me as well.
    I am using an OS6 (leak 418) with the Bold 9700 on TMobile
    01-16-11 06:48 AM
    Well turns out after a while, the apps that depend on it quit working. Like BerryWeather won't get a GPS location anymore and my GPS tracking app won't lock to satellites anymore. I have to reboot the phone to get it working again for a few hours. It won't make any difference whether I click continue or close connection. Why does T-Mobile not fix this? There has to be countless more people out there with this problem. Here's a printout from another user in a thread over in GPS/Mapping:

X lbs.geo.t-mobile.com
    ------------------------
    � Untrusted Cert Chain
    � Stale Chain Status
    ------------------------
    Revocation Status:
    Unknown
    Trust Status:
    Not Trusted
    Expiration Date:
    Fri, Jan 14, 2011 3:03:13 AM
    Certificate Type:
    X509
    Public Key Type:
    RSA 1024
    Subject:
    CN=lbs.geo.t-mobile.com
    OU=EIT
    O=T-Mobile USA
    L=Bothell
    ST=WA
    C=US
    [email protected]
    Issuer:
    CN=T-Mobile USA Issuer CA 02
    DC=gsm1900
    DC=org
    Serial Number:
    (Chose not to type this out)
    Key Usage:
    Digital Signature
    Key Encipherment
    Server Authentication
    Signature Algorith:
    RSA_PKCS1/SHA1
    SHA1 Thumbprint:
    AEA8 C658 1D5B 6A48 3FA5 2269
    E2BF 9CB8 9C53 1FDE
    MD5 Thumbprint:
    6408 E036 B662 0C40 21C4 8E69
    D712 6AF4

There is an email address : [email protected]

Is that the responsible guy for that certificate?
    Maybe emailing the dude might get it fixed. What do you guys think?
    01-16-11 09:44 AM
    I had a chat with T-Mobile and they send an replacement phone. Thing is, that this won't change the expired certificate. [email protected] needs to update his stuff.
    01-16-11 03:20 PM
    I have been getting this on Poynt, so obviously it IS a location-based server problem. T-Mobile - please fix this!
    01-16-11 05:15 PM
    Damn guys, got to love this forum! I had the same exect problem and I was wondering what it is? I get this when I check say, Check Ins in Facebook.
    Phew, glad to see I am not the only one. I already freaked out when I saw the email, I thought someone hacked my phone!
    01-16-11 06:13 PM
    Damn guys, got to love this forum! I had the same exect problem and I was wondering what it is? I get this when I check say, Check Ins in Facebook.
    Phew, glad to see I am not the only one. I already freaked out when I saw the email, I thought someone hacked my phone!
    You saw what email?
    01-16-11 06:18 PM
    You saw what email?
    [email protected]
    01-16-11 06:30 PM
    I emailed there, and the email actually made it there too. If you guys want to support this, then maybe try to email there too. Just leave the E= off. Just use [email protected]. Whoever gets my email might not even read it and trash it right away. But maybe if more people writ, then maybe something gets done about it. As of now, I have to leave the updates on my BerryWeather on Cell Location only, the GPS/Cell Location setting quits working after a while and I eventually have to reboot the phone to get it running again. I have GPS Tool and Google Maps and they quit working at the same time. I already have just a slow GPRS connection, and internet is pathetically slow, now this phone gets even more crippled. I about had it with T-Mobile.
    01-16-11 06:44 PM
    I still have the lbs.geo error on my BlackBerry Bold 9780. Luckily, I can still use GPS-based apps such as Google Maps (Google Maps is unable to load addresses for me now though, when I click somewhere on the map) and Life in Pocket even though the certificate error pops up. All my other apps don't encounter this problem. I've e-mailed gene.kenney twice, once from my BB and once from a computer. Hopefully he'll have enough messages and actually look into this issue, if it's even a real e-mail.
    01-17-11 03:43 PM
    I still have the lbs.geo error on my BlackBerry Bold 9780. Luckily, I can still use GPS-based apps such as Google Maps (Google Maps is unable to load addresses for me now though, when I click somewhere on the map) and Life in Pocket even though the certificate error pops up. All my other apps don't encounter this problem. I've e-mailed gene.kenney twice, once from my BB and once from a computer. Hopefully he'll have enough messages and actually look into this issue, if it's even a real e-mail.
    Yeah that's the big question, if it's even a real email. I cannot believe that the rep actually sends me a new 9700, and did not acknowledge that the problem is on their server. That was money wasted right there. You all cannot have defective phones either. It is not just the 9700. It is with 9780's and Nokia Nuron's. They all get the same error. It clearly states in the certificate details that it IS expired! The new phone they send will not behave any different. I even took the plunge and installed the OEM 5.0.0.714 OS and it didn't make a difference. I installed everything from scratch. The certificate is expired, no matter what.
    01-17-11 05:21 PM
44 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD