Hi,

I wonder whether any of the gurus out there could confirm an unofficial rumour that Onyx will land at Vodafone UK at the beginning of October?

Martinjay
    Almost an Onyx user
    09-02-09 11:01 AM
    Hi,

I wonder whether any of the gurus out there could confirm an unofficial rumour that Onyx will land at Vodafone UK at the beginning of October?

Martinjay
    Almost an Onyx user
    Ask him he would know... http://forums.crackberry.com/members/dangermouseuk/
    09-02-09 11:06 AM
    That was the 8520 for Oct, I have roumours of a xmas (palm pre time) release. I'll update as soon as I hear more.
    09-02-09 11:16 AM
    DangerMouse said something last month about paying one more bill then expecting something... i really hope that is true as my contract expires on the 14th
    09-02-09 11:19 AM
    Any news about the Voda figures? I want to try and get a subsidised one before my upgrades due.
    09-03-09 08:41 AM
    i'm a bit confused because i rang vodafone and they said the next bb out will be the tour :S i thought the tour was a US only device?

I asked about the bb 9700 and they knew nothing about it, hadn't even heard of it...
    09-05-09 05:43 PM
    the 8520 is already out, came out a few weeks ago.

Voda will not be the first UK network to launch the 9700 apparently.

But the network that will is launching it imminently I've been told.

I wouldn't expect either of the networks I'm talking about to launch it later than November. And from what I've heard it could be a lot sooner than that.

Plus 9520 is coming into stock in Voda UK now . . .
    09-05-09 09:28 PM
    the 8520 is already out, came out a few weeks ago.

Voda will not be the first UK network to launch the 9700 apparently.

But the network that will is launching it imminently I've been told.

I wouldn't expect either of the networks I'm talking about to launch it later than November. And from what I've heard it could be a lot sooner than that.

Plus 9520 is coming into stock in Voda UK now . . .
    Interesting, as both my Orange and O2 contracts are up in 3 weeks!
    09-05-09 10:38 PM
    well...that's sort of good news :S

so this talk of the tour was definitely rubbish then?
    09-06-09 04:15 AM
    Hooray to DM! Thanks for the news....its been very quite lately about the release.
    09-06-09 04:28 AM
    When you immenently do you mean within a month or before novemeber :-P
    09-06-09 06:11 AM
    Voda will definitely not be the first carrier to offer the Onyx. But should release it shortly after. It will release in Europe before the states or anywhere else.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-06-09 07:36 AM
    Voda will definitely not be the first carrier to offer the Onyx. But should release it shortly after. It will release in Europe before the states or anywhere else.

Interesting stuff Crucial...but looking at expansys.com which is one of the biggest sellers of unlocked phones and other various stuff...theres nothing thats on their pages about the 9700 coming out...if what you say is true then i would expect them to have it up on their site as a pre-order but nothing yet.

Still waiting on a release date so i can place my order and then wait impatiently for it lol
    09-06-09 02:31 PM
    i am desperatly waiting as well. Had my unlock for 3 months now
    09-06-09 02:43 PM
    Interesting stuff Crucial...but looking at expansys.com which is one of the biggest sellers of unlocked phones and other various stuff...theres nothing thats on their pages about the 9700 coming out...if what you say is true then i would expect them to have it up on their site as a pre-order but nothing yet.

Still waiting on a release date so i can place my order and then wait impatiently for it lol
    Well there's a multitude of carriers testing the 9700, and we know this to be fact. We also know the 9700(and other new devices) are showing in carriers systems. Why that site has nothing listed, I'm not sure, but the 9700 is launching in Europe first.
    09-06-09 04:04 PM
    im hoping the three network will get it some time near launch though 3 always seem to delay handsets.
    09-06-09 05:20 PM
    I personally think it will be Tmob or o2 as they are usually the first with handsets, either way all networks should have it within a few weeks of each other. I'm getting quite wet waiting although my upgrade isn't until the 3rd December :/

09-07-09 01:44 AM
    any new about when it's going to come out? i think the 9700 with be my first bb and i cant wait for it to come out!!!
    09-08-09 03:33 PM
    any new about when it's going to come out? i think the 9700 with be my first bb and i cant wait for it to come out!!!
    Same with me, Im loosing interest in my iphone plus cant wait to leave o2
    09-08-09 04:42 PM
    DM,

Thanks for all the great info, especially of late on the 9700. I read your post saying it was due to be released imminently. I was just wondering if you expected i before the end of this month?

Thanks
    09-09-09 04:55 PM
    I wish ot was released by the end of Sept.

09-09-09 05:24 PM
    I guess it may be end of Oct or mid Nov by the time it gets in our hands, by reading all different threads about onyx.

Am guessing though! Would love it to be earlier than that.

09-09-09 06:36 PM
    Just in time for my 12th December upgrade with o2. Happy to stay with o2, great coverage, even in remote areas, and never had a problem with them or their service

09-10-09 03:20 AM
    I guess it may be end of Oct or mid Nov by the time it gets in our hands, by reading all different threads about onyx.

Am guessing though! Would love it to be earlier than that.

so disappointed if that was true...... i cant wait that long :P
    09-10-09 05:30 AM
    I've just read the press release from yesterday about the T mobile 9700 and it says there is likely to be a world wide coordinated release around November time :S

Seriously am not waiting that long! Bold here I come!!
    09-10-09 07:59 AM
956 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD