Hey everyone

Im using BB Boss OS Shrinker version 2.2.1 , and whenever i shrink the OS, it installs perfectly but when the OS loads there is no UI!!!! I just get a bunch of black text on a white background, and then a menu full options instead of a homescreen. The menu looks like an options menu is OS5 (white background, black text). Ive tried everything and it seems no matter what i shrink out , this always happens!! I'm shrinking os 6.0.0.499
    03-11-11 02:26 PM
    It's removing the default theme. Without the default theme, that is what you will get.
    03-11-11 02:28 PM
    You may want to read through the ''BlackBerry Bold 9700 OS 6.0.0.499 Leaked'' thread in the OS leaks forums.

In there, I believe, you will find your answer.
    03-11-11 02:32 PM
    The app developer already said there's a bug in the program. Don't shrink out the japanese languages. ;-p

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-11-11 02:39 PM
    Does this include the Japanese language and the japanese font as well?
    03-11-11 02:46 PM
    To be safe, I didn't shrink out any languages. Just don't install them with apploader. I left the japanese font as well.

03-11-11 03:06 PM
    Okay, to answer my own question, you CAN shrink out the japanese font.

Thank you so much guys. I got so frustrated because I kept shrinking out the japanese font, not the actual language pack hahaha
    03-11-11 03:12 PM
    I had even worse issues with BB Boss 2.2.1. When I shrunk out Japanese, my device bricked. It was stuck on the loading bar and never booted.

Once I did not shrink Japanese and simply did not install it with loader, it booted fine. Problem was I did not know about the bug until wiping and reinstalling 5 times at 4am.

03-11-11 03:25 PM
    Haha 3 wipe and reloads for me until I read about it.

03-11-11 03:54 PM
    I wiped and reinstalled 12 times LOL

I kept unshrinking the japanese font not the actually language pack...

Fail
    03-11-11 05:11 PM
    Just don't shrink out the Japanese language files. There is a bug where an extra file is removed that shouldn't be removed. There is a fix in the works and currently being tested. Don't shrink out the Japanese language files and make sure that they are not checked to be installed when AppLoader is running. BB Boss 2.2 takes out the Japanese language files but it also mistakenly takes out jaxrpc cod as well (ja= japanese ja= jaxrpc) and this causes the GUI problems.
    03-11-11 08:21 PM
    I have used this at least half a dozen times and each time I removed the Japanese language and all the others with every font but 2 and never had an issue.
    03-12-11 02:25 AM
    I have used this at least half a dozen times and each time I removed the Japanese language and all the others with every font but 2 and never had an issue.
    If you're using Boss version 1.1 it works ok and you can remove all the languages. It's version 2.2 that displays the problem.
    03-12-11 12:12 PM
    Yes, this is a known issue and there WILL be an update to resolve it THIS weekend.

I have a couple copies out for testing right now and am making sure that everything is in working order before I release an update.

I want everyone to know that I am sorry for the inconvenience this has caused and am working as hard as I can to make sure that everyone has as many options as possible while still maintaining a high level of satisfaction for everyone.

Just to clarify: Until the update is released (will be Ver2.2.2), DO NOT delete the Japanese Language files. They will not be loaded onto your phone by default unless you select it in AppLoader to be installed. Japanese Font is OK to shrink out.
    dangerousfen and SCrid2000 like this.
    03-12-11 12:30 PM
    Lol, so when's the update gonna come out Jef? had some people get their hybrid installs bricked and blame me for it
    03-12-11 08:40 PM
    Lol, so when's the update gonna come out Jef? had some people get their hybrid installs bricked and blame me for it
    Don't worry, I've decided to blame you too... It makes me feel better.

Seriously though, I should have an update out tonight.
    03-12-11 09:03 PM
    You can blame me, I can take it! Seriously I should've caught that - dunno how I missed it. Oh well.
    K cool, once the fix is out I'll update the hybrid and reup it to opensourcebb.
    03-12-11 09:12 PM
    After you've installed a stock .461 OS, can you reinstall a shrunk .461 by running apploader.exe?
    03-12-11 09:42 PM
    After you've installed a stock .461 OS, can you reinstall a shrunk .461 by running apploader.exe?
    No need if you are running 2.2, just direct shrink on the phone. Plug the phone in, select what you want to remove (minus the Japanese files of course) and press Direct Shrink. It'll search for files already on your phone and take them off. This process does not add files though. So it's only good for shrinking.
    03-12-11 09:45 PM
    Don't worry, I've decided to blame you too... It makes me feel better.

Seriously though, I should have an update out tonight.
    That's great news! I'm gonna wait for the update before I load .499 onto my spare 9700 and then I'll let you know how it goes.

03-12-11 09:45 PM
    I guess if I already deleted a feature in the past, BB Boss won't do anything (shrink) if I check the same feature in the future. Is that correct?
    03-12-11 09:51 PM
    Right, if it's already been removed on disk, it will not be moved. If it was removed from the build that you installed, it will not be on the phone, therefore there's no need to remove anything from the phone and no action will be taken.
    03-12-11 10:10 PM
    The update is out guys. It's in the first post of this thread:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f95/bb-...-2-2-a-590346/
    Laura Knotek and andyahs like this.
    03-12-11 11:16 PM
    I heard of the big bad bug. I use BBSAK to remove the cod's I don't need or use.

03-13-11 11:15 AM
    I heard of the big bad bug.
    Apparently you don't read the threads completely though, as I posted the update in the post just before yours. This problem has been solved and the update is available.
    andyahs likes this.
    03-13-11 12:41 PM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD