So I've looked at 4 different S2 screens and they are all uneven in the exact same way. Why is this?

How can I describe this....

Take a look at your S2 by having the bottom of the phone (phone mic, phone speaker) pointing to your face, right at nose level. Get it to where you can see where the top of the screen meets the line of the top portion of the phone. Notice how the screen sits slightly / instead of completely _

Again I say slightly /, but enough to see the right portion of it being raised higher than the left. Does this not irk anyone??

My screen protector (on the top right side especially) keeps snagging things going in and out of my pocket because of it, yet every S2 I've looked at has the same issue.
    11-30-09 02:00 PM
    Not seeing it. No problems with my screen protector, which has been on for 31 days.
    11-30-09 02:08 PM
    My best guess would be the amount of electronics under the one side of the screen vs the amount in the other side.
    11-30-09 02:09 PM
    My guess is the production line tighten one side too much or too little. Both 9520 and 9550 phone users report this to a varied degree.
    11-30-09 02:34 PM
    Mine is only tilted a small amount but as far as I'm concerned I don't care because it doesn't effect the way the phone works and mine has worked absolutely great.
    11-30-09 03:09 PM
    So I've looked at 4 different S2 screens and they are all uneven in the exact same way. Why is this?

How can I describe this....

Take a look at your S2 by having the bottom of the phone (phone mic, phone speaker) pointing to your face, right at nose level. Get it to where you can see where the top of the screen meets the line of the top portion of the phone. Notice how the screen sits slightly / instead of completely _

Again I say slightly /, but enough to see the right portion of it being raised higher than the left. Does this not irk anyone??

My screen protector (on the top right side especially) keeps snagging things going in and out of my pocket because of it, yet every S2 I've looked at has the same issue.
    My guess is that in order for the screen depress properly, one side needs to be slightly elevated. My left side is very, very slightly lower. I honestly don't notice it. However, my send key being too hard to depress at times...well, that is annoying.
    11-30-09 03:15 PM
    My first one was, but my replacement is not. My screen is almost dead even.
    I wonder if that's why I have had more problems with the left side of the screen in landscape mode than the right.
    My screen seems fine no issues here.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-30-09 03:21 PM
    It's not the screen, it's the bezel. How do I know? If I pinch it together the screen goes perfectly flush.
    11-30-09 04:17 PM
    Yeah. It's the bezel that's uneven. If you run your finger across the top panel, your finger will feel the difference on both sides of the plastic. The right side is more flush, but there's a bit of a ridge on the other side.

11-30-09 05:17 PM
    Mine is also a bit lower on the top left yet because the phone works perfectly I'm not making any issues over it. If at any point it decides not to work correctly then I guess I'll worry about it.

11-30-09 06:51 PM
    Mine is also a bit lower on the top left yet because the phone works perfectly I'm not making any issues over it. If at any point it decides not to work correctly then I guess I'll worry about it.

I definitely wouldn't do anything about it. My last one was very deep and the typing on it was terrible. This one is 1000 % better. I've seen ones in the store and have had four myself and they all had this screen difference.

11-30-09 07:07 PM
    Some people really need to get a life! Come on, this is a cell phone, not a space shuttle, what kind of tolerances do you expect? Ever so slightly??? As long as it functions properly....WHO CARES! We are all adults after all and I hope we have more "pressing" issues than our screen being "slighly" higher on one side than the other.
    11-30-09 07:52 PM
    On a similar note, has anyone tried tightening the torx screw in the corner behind the top plate to see if that would tighten and reduce the bezel gap?

11-30-09 09:48 PM
    Some people really need to get a life! Come on, this is a cell phone, not a space shuttle, what kind of tolerances do you expect? Ever so slightly??? As long as it functions properly....WHO CARES! We are all adults after all and I hope we have more "pressing" issues than our screen being "slighly" higher on one side than the other.
    i agree with you sir
    11-30-09 09:51 PM
    Amazing this is even considered an issue. Does not affect anything and you can't even see it...not like it is getting entered in a car show.

11-30-09 09:52 PM
    Can't see this "defect" with the otterbox defender case on it.
    11-30-09 09:54 PM
    It is uneven and it does not function properly boys and girls...As soon as it gets off enough typing becomes harder and harder..

Went thru 3 this pos's before i gave up
    11-30-09 10:28 PM
    It is an issue, and there are threads on this. Just search. Not all phones have this. It seems the ones with this issue were the first batch. Several replacement green dot Storm2's do not have the issue.
    11-30-09 10:53 PM
    mine is straight
    11-30-09 11:24 PM
    Its a device that we pay money for. Therefore, if something is not meeting our standards we have every right to be upset. My wife as well as mine are uneven. It does bother me and is making me consider switching to another model. i have seen others that are uneven as well. just doesn't make any sense to me as the storm 1 had no uneven screen issues to my understanding.
    11-30-09 11:34 PM
    mrspock, you have piqued my interest... what is meant by "green dot"?? I did notice that the box my S2 came in has a red dot sticker on the side... Any meanings to these?
    12-01-09 12:16 AM
    I honestly feel like ppl are seriously nit picking now. My screen is SLIGHTLY lower on the left side or so it seems. That being said, the performance of my phone, typing or anything else, HAS NOT been affected. I ordered my phone at 7am on Oct 28, 2009, so I'm guessing this is one from the "first batch"

What kind of protective lens do u have OP? Cause i have one on my phone and this "snagging" issue you're having has NEVER happened to me.
    12-01-09 12:38 AM
    Mine is slightly off (Mexico 5 build), but not visibly so. I can feel it if I run my fingertip across top edge, but it is slight. I'm crossing my fingers that it doesn't get worse because the phone is working really well for me.
    12-01-09 10:02 AM
60 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD