hi guys,
    trying out the 9650 vs the storm 2..

is this the same phone as far as the hardware under the hood?
    same cpu and what not?
    i guessing the games arent as good on the bold being that it isnt touch screen..

I did buy a 32 gig memory card for my s2, if I plugged that into my 9650..would that basically make them both even? as it seems that is the key difference, having more memory on the 9650..

thanks for any feedback
    06-09-10 05:55 PM
    Hardware wise, there is not much difference. Forget about the memory card, that's not going to give you more space for apps, that is only applied to the device's internal memory. The card is for storing data such as files, photos, music, etc. I am uncertain about the processor speed, but I suspect it's fairly close. The 9650 however, has 512 MB of internal memory, vs. the Storm 2's 256. There is debate on whether or not the S2 will be able to handle OS 6 when it comes out, but I think there's little doubt the 9650 will be able to handle it.

The biggest difference then, other than the potential for memory issues with 6.0, is the screen size. This is a key reason for my decision on the Storm over other BBs. I like real estate, I prefer the touchscreen interface and, I find the keyboards on all the hard board BBs to be too small for my taste.

Keep in mind, the S2 will soon be seeing the fate of the S1, in that it will most likely be replaced by the S3 by the end of the year, which, I'm guessing, will also have the 512 MB of memory.
    06-09-10 06:05 PM
    so the hardware under the hood is essentially the same except for the added memory..
    yes im missing the screen and the keyboard, while nice is kinda hard to type on.

id like to run bb os6..
    the bold IS the latest and greatest from bb isnt it?

how are the games for the 9650 as far as 3d?
    decent?

I have 29 days to decided which one to use.
    06-09-10 06:26 PM
    im curious, the games that I have are listed on the bb app world cataloge as being supported on all bb devices..yet I cant seem to get them to work on the bold?

pba bowling 2 for instance..in app world it claims it runs on all devices..but I cnt seem to access the screen options??
    06-09-10 06:32 PM
    What I would like to know is the Bold's battery life. Storm 2's battery life is really a killer !
    06-10-10 02:24 AM
    It's been a little over a week, and i'm telling you Hands Down the Bold is the better device.

If anybody is contemplating on which to get please choose the Bold. I also found that many of the people who don't like there Blackberrys are Storm users, because they are always trying to compare there phones to the Iphone and the Droid.

The physical keyboard is unmatched, i can type much faster anddddd without looking ( ). It makes my life alot easier, so i can send text messages and emails when my boss is around

Also the phone does lag alot less. The phone doesnt even lag at all, with the storm 9550 i was doing a battery pull 8-9 times a week, i haven't had to do ONE yet with this phone.

Also the 9650 has been caught using Os 6 so that is a plus. All in all this device is great, and if you or somebody you know is caught and has to make the same decision, please pick the Bold.

in reply; the reason i didn't pick Droid is because no other cell phone company makes connecting with people easier than BlackBerry, Droid is full of powerfull, useless apps that you'll use once every 2 months. My blackberry is solid, and is CLUTTTCCHHHHH.

ps >> the Display on this phone is beautiful...
    07-31-10 10:30 AM
    it's been a little over a week, and i'm telling you hands down the bold is the better device.

If anybody is contemplating on which to get please choose the bold. I also found that many of the people who don't like there blackberrys are storm users, because they are always trying to compare there phones to the iphone and the droid.

The physical keyboard is unmatched, i can type much faster anddddd without looking ( ). It makes my life alot easier, so i can send text messages and emails when my boss is around

also the phone does lag alot less. The phone doesnt even lag at all, with the storm 9550 i was doing a battery pull 8-9 times a week, i haven't had to do one yet with this phone.

Also the 9650 has been caught using os 6 so that is a plus. All in all this device is great, and if you or somebody you know is caught and has to make the same decision, please pick the bold.

In reply; the reason i didn't pick droid is because no other cell phone company makes connecting with people easier than blackberry, droid is full of powerfull, useless apps that you'll use once every 2 months. My blackberry is solid, and is clutttcchhhhh.

Ps >> the display on this phone is beautiful...
    stop posting this same post everywhere!
    07-31-10 10:39 AM
    I've got the Otterbox Commuter. It's a pain to take the phone out of the case, but you know what? I don't have to. I haven't done a battery pull in...in...I don't even know how long. If your S2 was requiring a battery pull 8-9 time a week, it was probably an app not playing nicely with the device. Glad yo like your Bold! BlackBerry any way you like it.
    07-31-10 03:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD