Is it worth waiting for?
    07-26-09 11:37 PM
    I say wait. The signs of the Oct/Nov release are showing. I say its too late in the game to not at least see what odin brings before getting on board. I love my storm and would reccomend it to anyone. I'm just sayin I would hold off.
    07-27-09 12:33 AM
    Hold off for sure.
    07-27-09 01:47 AM
    yes, definitely wait.

I have to say, I love my Storm1... but with the gap and all, I"m kinda scared about how it will age... I really hope that after a year or so, the screen doesn't fall apart, or become hard to use.
    07-27-09 02:44 AM
    I would absolutely wait. My contract runs out in 2 days, but I am waiting for the Odin. Not sure what to do with my Storm. Paperweight?
    07-27-09 09:39 AM
    I would absolutely wait. My contract runs out in 2 days, but I am waiting for the Odin. Not sure what to do with my Storm. Paperweight?
    Give it to a friend/family member as a hand-me-down?
    07-27-09 10:02 AM
    I would hold off until you get to play with the S2 in your hands, then make the decision.
    07-27-09 10:08 AM
    Yes S2 is worth waiting on. S1 doesn't compare in regards to functionality and ease of use. It is what an updated version should be. Better.
    07-27-09 10:12 AM
    Adding my voice. Unless you can get a SUPER deal on the Storm 1 I say wait.
    07-27-09 10:23 AM
    I'd say wait. Storm 2 sounds too promising.

I have the 1st Storm which I purchased out right without contract and my NE2 is up in Aug 09 so I'm going to wait because there isn't a phone in RIM's official arsenal that would sway me from my Storm.
    07-27-09 10:32 AM
    if you can wait wait. i have a storm but personally probably wont upgrade to the storm 2
    07-27-09 05:38 PM
    Give it to a friend/family member as a hand-me-down?
    I was actually thinking that. Except, nobody wants to pay for the data plan.
    07-27-09 05:49 PM
    I was actually thinking that. Except, nobody wants to pay for the data plan.
    Haha that exactly the reason for me hesitating to give it to a friend...afraid his mom wouldn't be too happy with paying the data plan.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-27-09 05:59 PM
    Storm 2 will have wi-fi, I believe. Reason enough to wait...
    07-27-09 06:23 PM
    Storm 2 will have wi-fi, I believe. Reason enough to wait...
    the storm 2 will have to have wifi kevin said so in the video
    07-27-09 06:33 PM
    Actually I believe Keven said that the Verizon Storm 2 (9550) would have wifi for sure. I suspect the GSM version (9520) will as well, but I don't think Kevin verified it in that video. Perhaps it has been verified elsewhere, I don't know, but that's a question worth asking.
    07-27-09 07:24 PM
    Had the first Storm for a short period of time.. Back to my Curve.. However the Storm 2 looks promising and I will for sure be checking this one out! JK
    07-27-09 07:53 PM
    I'll find a use for it lol

I'm debating between getting a Storm 2 and an Onyx right now. Love the keyboard on the Curve, but love the screen size on the Storm...
    07-29-09 09:06 AM
    I'll find a use for it lol

I'm debating between getting a Storm 2 and an Onyx right now. Love the keyboard on the Curve, but love the screen size on the Storm...
    Wouldn't it be nice if you could have both the screen size AND a real keyboard. Think a high quality Pre-like form factor, but with a bigger screen and larger keys. If RIM could limit additional thickness and heft to a very minimal amount, I'd be very interested in a slider that gave me the great Storm screen, but included a real keyboard which would provide even more onscreen real estate for the apps we are typing in...when the slider is pulled open, the virtual keyboard would automatically disappear if it were onscreen. Close the slider and the VK would re-appear if appropriate to the current action.
    Last edited by dave1812; 07-29-09 at 10:02 AM.
    07-29-09 09:59 AM
    Storm 2 will be better, but if you love suretouch like me then get Storm 1
    07-29-09 10:11 AM
    soup of the day???
    07-29-09 12:28 PM
    I got the curve and wish I wouldve gotten the storm instead, so I'd probably wait till 2 comes out. As soon as it hits I'm getting it...unless I can find the first one cheap enough lol

07-29-09 12:58 PM
    Yes S2 is worth waiting on. S1 doesn't compare in regards to functionality and ease of use. It is what an updated version should be. Better.
    But what does the S2 compare to the S1 in? I'll guess since you constantly avoid these questions.

I bet the Storm 1 and the Storm 2 have very similar (so similar they might as well be the same), user interfaces, transitions, touch input (no true multi-touch), processors.

What else is there that actually matters?
    07-29-09 02:17 PM
    But what does the S2 compare to the S1 in? I'll guess since you constantly avoid these questions.

I bet the Storm 1 and the Storm 2 have very similar (so similar they might as well be the same), user interfaces, transitions, touch input (no true multi-touch), processors.

What else is there that actually matters?
    Wifi and a ton of extra memory for starters. Other than that the devices will be very similar. And, yes you're right the interfaces will probably be identical. However Wifi is huge. You get emails etc and can browse while on the phone talking (assuming you're in a wifi zone)
    07-29-09 02:38 PM
    And I read a bunch of places that when s1 first launched there were a ton of bugs and glitche, so hopefully RIM can work out most of the kinks this time around.

07-29-09 10:51 PM
69 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD