Today, I'm probably going to get the blackberry storm. But, with all this news and rumors of the storm 2 coming soon, do you think I should wait? Is it REALLY worth it? Please, tell me what you think I should do.

Thanks.
    07-14-09 12:19 PM
    wait it out
    07-14-09 12:53 PM
    Or get the BB Tour
    07-14-09 12:57 PM
    Wait... If you have done any research at all regarding the Storm, you will understand why.
    07-14-09 12:57 PM
    Just don't get the Storm 1...that's all my advice.
    07-14-09 12:58 PM
    idk.. I think I'm going to get it....
    07-14-09 01:11 PM
    And also, you guys have no idea when the next one will be coming out. It's probably a good 6 MONTHS away.
    07-14-09 01:11 PM
    get it bro... you wont regret it.
    I cant believe the ppl who say the storm is a bad phone. Havent had a problem with it once.
    07-14-09 01:13 PM
    Its not a good 6 months away. hardware is finalized and software is good to go. expect it in late october-november.
    07-14-09 01:14 PM
    Its up to u I have a storm and don't like it at all just wait for the storm 2..good things come to thoes who wait just wait it out..

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-14-09 01:23 PM
    Just play around with a real Storm before you buy it, you may decide its not for you. Its one of those phones that either you like typing on it or you don't.

If WiFi is important to you, then wait.
    07-14-09 01:57 PM
    I have never had any problems with my Storm whatsoever. Have had the same one since December and love it more and more every day.

I was excited with the Tour coming out, but then went to the store to check it out, and hated it. The screen is way too small for me, and I don't like the keyboard. I came from a Treo and a Curve, and I had problems typing with the Tour. Granted, I think I might have gotten use to the big screen and typing on my Storm so I might be biased.

So, I am waiting for the Storm 2 to come out because I'm sure it will be an awesome phone.

Wait for the Storm 2(that's what I think)
    07-14-09 02:14 PM
    Just play around with a real Storm before you buy it, you may decide its not for you. Its one of those phones that either you like typing on it or you don't.

If WiFi is important to you, then wait.
    When I got mine I couldn't type on it for like a week, so I don't think playing with it in the store will do much good. It just takes time to get used to. Check the forums for the correct settings and the typing will be great. I am able to type on the Storm the same or even faster than on a curve or Treo.

True about the WiFi thing though if you want it then wait.
    07-14-09 02:17 PM
    I think I'm going to get it. No reason to decide on getting a phone just because of speculation.
    07-14-09 10:45 PM
    I've had my phone since the day it was first released (stood out in the cold for 1.5 hours to get it before going to work). It has improved A LOT since then - if you get the Storm 1 search these forums and get and install OS version .151 --- it is much better than the version that will come on your phone (and light-years better than what was on mine the day I bought it). I am excited to see what Storm 2 will be like, but probably won't upgrade unless Verizon gives us first-generation Stormers a discount...
    07-14-09 11:56 PM
    I'm buying the original off craigslist for 200 or less. The wife has a tour and I'm not impressed compared to my 8830. The screen real estate will be a nice improvement for the time being and when storm 2 comes out I'll get that once the major bugs are worked out.

Remember that well over a million of these phones have been sold and people that generally post on forums are a very small percentage...storm 1 is a great buy when your under contract.
    Last edited by ljay; 07-15-09 at 12:24 AM.
    07-15-09 12:08 AM
    idk.. I think I'm going to get it....
    And also, you guys have no idea when the next one will be coming out. It's probably a good 6 MONTHS away.
    Today, I'm probably going to get the blackberry storm. But, with all this news and rumors of the storm 2 coming soon, do you think I should wait? Is it REALLY worth it? Please, tell me what you think I should do.

Thanks.
    I think I'm going to get it. No reason to decide on getting a phone just because of speculation.
    So... Why did you ask for opinions?
    07-15-09 12:13 AM
    You should wait it out. I'm pretty sure it's worth the wait. Or you can get the Storm 1 now and when the Storm 2 comes out, then buy that one if you like it. The buttons are into the screen now which is good because of the dust problem getting into the Storm 1. That's a huge positive for me and I would wait it out IMO.
    07-15-09 12:34 AM
    I don't like waiting for something that you don't even know when, and IF it will come. There's no official statement on really... anything! This is what I'm thinking. I can just return the storm in the next 30 days if some big news or info is released. right?
    07-15-09 01:14 AM
    I don't like waiting for something that you don't even know when, and IF it will come. There's no official statement on really... anything! This is what I'm thinking. I can just return the storm in the next 30 days if some big news or info is released. right?
    Yeah.. That's a big "IF" though. What if nothing happens in those 30 days? Then your gonna keep the storm 1? Wait it out seriously. Have some patience on the S2.

07-15-09 01:22 AM
    I HAD a friend like u...
    He would call me and ask my advice...
    And then he would do the thing he originally wanted to do in the first place...
    He called me just to try to justify doing something stupid...
    And then he got tired of me not agreeing with him and telling him I told you so...
    Thankfully he stopped calling me for advice...

So I know what you want to hear...
    But just like with him I am gonna tell you what you don't wanna hear... The truth...
    I am gonna tell you that you should wait for the S2...
    But by the weekend you will have a S1...
    And next week you will be b�t�h�� about the S1...
    And everyone on here will be saying that they told you so...

Enjoy your Storm 1

07-15-09 02:21 AM
    I have never had any problems with my Storm whatsoever. Have had the same one since December and love it more and more every day.

I was excited with the Tour coming out, but then went to the store to check it out, and hated it. The screen is way too small for me, and I don't like the keyboard. I came from a Treo and a Curve, and I had problems typing with the Tour. Granted, I think I might have gotten use to the big screen and typing on my Storm so I might be biased.

So, I am waiting for the Storm 2 to come out because I'm sure it will be an awesome phone.

Wait for the Storm 2(that's what I think)

I think you're right. If you read the TOUR post's, it seems that it is a great phone, but the one thing people miss on the STORM is the big screen. And in todays world of getting media through the browser, I think a big screen is an important issue...

And I don't care what you say about WI FI, it is important. Maybe not now, but I think in the next year, you will see more and more apps that use it exclusively....
    07-15-09 07:29 AM
    I think you're right. If you read the TOUR post's, it seems that it is a great phone, but the one thing people miss on the STORM is the big screen. And in todays world of getting media through the browser, I think a big screen is an important issue...

And I don't care what you say about WI FI, it is important. Maybe not now, but I think in the next year, you will see more and more apps that use it exclusively....
    If you need to do browsing, as I do, big touch screen is critical. There is little I hate more than, scroll, scroll, press for large, scroll, scroll, etc. With a touch screen it's swipe, large, click, done.

Regarding WiFi, I've had it with Verizon and their insistence of removing it. No use having a quad band phone if you can't use the phone for VOIP when you are traveling abroad. It also saves battery life tremendously if you can use it - look at the iPhone's difference. It's just a big feature to miss that you'll wish you had for a "world" phone.
    07-15-09 11:57 AM
    If you need to do browsing, as I do, big touch screen is critical. There is little I hate more than, scroll, scroll, press for large, scroll, scroll, etc. With a touch screen it's swipe, large, click, done.

Regarding WiFi, I've had it with Verizon and their insistence of removing it. No use having a quad band phone if you can't use the phone for VOIP when you are traveling abroad. It also saves battery life tremendously if you can use it - look at the iPhone's difference. It's just a big feature to miss that you'll wish you had for a "world" phone.

I agree....my friends IPHONE with skype is great for traveling....
    07-15-09 12:30 PM

I guess you haven't been paying attention to the threads on here and numerous info sites that have said that WiFi will be coming to future Verizon and CDMA bb's?

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...evices-263436/

Could it a be coincidence that the Storm 2's model # is 9550
    07-15-09 12:48 PM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD