Cause I Could Get The Blackberry Storm 1 But I Really Want to get The Blackberry Storm 2 But I Cant Wait Till It Comes Out When Might It Come out And IF I get The Blackberry Storm 1 How Much WOuld I Have To Pay To Upgrade To The The Second Gen.
    06-23-09 11:47 PM
    I was in the same boat. I went for it and bought a storm. I bought from an individual so I still have my contract upgrade for if and when s2 comes. I don't regret it at all.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-24-09 02:46 AM
    WAIT.
    Storm1 is the phone that RIM got everyone to pay money for to be a beta tester for the storm2.
    eBay it or wait.
    06-24-09 03:05 AM
    If you buy the storm and sign a 2yr agreement you will have to pay full retail price to upgrade to the Storm 2 whenever it comes out.
    06-24-09 03:08 AM
    We are not beta testers we just love blackberry and wanted the next upgrade. The Storm 2 is the next upgrade and that is what happens with technology, their will always be something newer and better, and thats the price we pay for having it first. I know it is a little bit faster then most of us expected but it will happen.
    06-24-09 03:11 AM
    Check out ebay. Or, look here on crackberry. I've seen more than a few people selling their Storm. No one can give you an accurate guess as to when the Storm 2 will come out. I think it will be around November to catch the buying cycle of Christmas. But I could easily be off by 4 or 5 months either way.
    Last edited by grey; 06-24-09 at 07:49 AM.
    06-24-09 07:46 AM
    New storm work many better than old storm. If you no have to have storm this minute then I would wait on storm 2.
    06-24-09 08:02 AM
    I would definetly wait for Storm 2. Storm 1 is a steaming turd and you don't want to get stuck with it long term and you probably wouldnt be able to sell it for much after S2 hits. If at&t is good in your area the iPhone would be the way to go. It's like comparing a bmw to a kia.
    06-24-09 08:52 AM
    Wait for the Storm 2, the Storm has major issues that are hopefully addressed with new hardware. If you need something now, there are plenty of great devices available, G1, Pre and iPhone.
    06-24-09 11:54 AM
    I am in the same boat I want a new phone and well I am thinking about buying it off of ebay and then just get the second one when it comes out but then I wonder how much better is the second one going to be? Are they going to fix the problems that they had with the first one? I know I want to think they will but I just don't know. Then the iphone is just so much better then the storm but on a much crappier network, so I really dont know what to do.
    06-24-09 12:23 PM
    Wait for the Storm 2, the Storm has major issues that are hopefully addressed with new hardware. If you need something now, there are plenty of great devices available, G1, Pre and iPhone.
    What major issues?I have had the storm since Dec, granted .75 was lagging but since .148 this phone has been great i get no random reboots and i havent done a battery pull since the update
    06-24-09 01:12 PM
    I am in the same boat I want a new phone and well I am thinking about buying it off of ebay and then just get the second one when it comes out but then I wonder how much better is the second one going to be? Are they going to fix the problems that they had with the first one? I know I want to think they will but I just don't know. Then the iphone is just so much better then the storm but on a much crappier network, so I really dont know what to do.
    Go buy the iphone
    06-24-09 01:14 PM
    wait till iphone will be available on verizon...
    06-24-09 05:04 PM
    Storm 1 no wifi....that's a majo no-no for me.

06-24-09 07:30 PM
    i had the first storm but sold it and i'm using the 8330 curve right now. was planning on getting the tour, but now i'm waiting to see how the storm 2 will be. my NE2 isn't until january anyway, so i may as well wait and see.
    06-24-09 09:35 PM
    What major issues?I have had the storm since Dec, granted .75 was lagging but since .148 this phone has been great i get no random reboots and i havent done a battery pull since the update
    Ignore RCCollins. His tactic is to try and scare everyone away from the Storm just because he didn't like it.

Like you, I have .148 installed and have no major issues at all. I am still on my first Storm purchased on 2/28/09. If there was any slow-down, it's because I chose to install a relatively animation-heavy theme on my Storm. Any minor issues I have is only due to the software.

If the OP just has to get a Storm, then my advice is to try it for yourself (and not blindly listen to the likes of RCCollins). If the pricing for the phone and plan and the phone itself works for your needs, then by all means get it. No one really knows when the Storm 2 will really be coming out. It's all a gamble at this point.

And to answer the OP's cost question, if you buy the Storm now, chances are that you'll be paying full price for the Storm 2. This is assuming that the Storm 2 is released on November 28th, which is well short of the 20 months needed. But at least you'll be able to know what the Storm 2's really like while you're waiting for that upgrade.
    06-25-09 12:38 AM
    Ignore RCCollins. His tactic is to try and scare everyone away from the Storm just because he didn't like it.

Like you, I have .148 installed and have no major issues at all. I am still on my first Storm purchased on 2/28/09. If there was any slow-down, it's because I chose to install a relatively animation-heavy theme on my Storm. Any minor issues I have is only due to the software.

If the OP just has to get a Storm, then my advice is to try it for yourself (and not blindly listen to the likes of RCCollins). If the pricing for the phone and plan and the phone itself works for your needs, then by all means get it. No one really knows when the Storm 2 will really be coming out. It's all a gamble at this point.
    Wow, i've heard of disagreeing w/someone but that was a pretty serious blast right there. I think RCCollins is entitled to his/her opinions just as much as you are.
    06-25-09 12:46 AM
    I am not sure why people so staunchly defend the Storm. The OS is still slow an buggy, it is the #1 reason the Storm is still a poor choice. If you need something reliable look elsewhere, if you want to tinker with home made OS's get the Storm.
    06-25-09 10:57 AM
    I am not sure why people so staunchly defend the Storm. The OS is still slow an buggy, it is the #1 reason the Storm is still a poor choice. If you need something reliable look elsewhere, if you want to tinker with home made OS's get the Storm.
    We defend it from overarching generalizations like this. It's the minor subset of owners that are having reliability issues. No one absolutely has to use a "home made OS". There are plenty of people out there that have Storms that run perfectly acceptable with the .148 OS.

The ones that do use the custom OSs are a small subset in their own right that chose to do so. They have the same mentality as the people who jailbreak iPhones. They see things they personally like among the various OSs and combine them into one.

Bottom line, the OP should at least try it out to see what it's like for himself.
    06-25-09 11:58 AM
    Theres a storm 1 on ebay and its at $650. it looks like some poor soul hit the wrong amount and the bid went from 225 up to 650 in one shot... 34mins left , he will be crying .
    item # 260434998182

looks like it could be a huge risk even if it was $225

added this #220437652942 its over $1300 says never used? Are they INSANE.. look at the bidding.. looks like same ppl as the others... I SMELL A SCAM HERE LOL
    Last edited by DigtheBerry; 06-25-09 at 12:23 PM.
    06-25-09 12:11 PM
    Looks like someone is having some fun, it looks like suckers are paying over $150 for them though on ebay.
    06-25-09 02:41 PM
    I am a fan of BlackBerrys, but I am no fanboi. I am happy to give credit where credit is due for all technology, like the new WebOS, the iPhone's media capabilities, and BlackBerry's security and reliability.

But it seems there are some basic things many seem to overlook when comparing the Storm to the iPhone. for example, the iPhone does a good job at browsing the web, and is OK at instant messaging, but it does not really multitask. Personally, I need to be connected to my Instant Messenger of choice the entire time my phone is on, and I can not do that on the iPhone. I use BlackBerry Messenger, but would have no problem switching to another if I had the iPhone ... But I really can not.

I need my emails to be available immediately, and fortunately, the iPhone now has push email on the way ... But not for all email accounts, meaning I cannot funnel all my emails into one device.

I want a device that gives me everything ... What can I say, I am not easy to please. I need to be able to surf the web, receive emails, receive IM's, and do it all simultaneously without needing to delay any messages. Hey, my Curve has no 3G so my IM's do not come in when I am on the telephone, and that irks me. The iPhone lacks multitasking, and to me, that is like watching black-and-white TV when a color set is right next to it.

I use an extended life battery and it works well, but not being able to swap out the standard battery or do a battery pull is annoying.

The iPhone still does not have a back button ... That one just seems basic to me.

Now I do not mean to bash the iPhone, because I think it is a very good device. But, I just wanted to be clear that the Storm and the iPhone each have differences and advantages over one another, and for me, the Storm is just a better fit. But I find it a bit perplexing when someone comes to a BlackBerry forum and tries to act like that device is inferior. Objectively, both devices have their merits, so choose the one that fits you best.

If you are savvy enough to post here regularly and yet never bothered to try installing one of the many superior OS updates and insist on bashing the Storm based on the far outdated and buggy OS 0.75 then I think either you just want to complain, or you must be a tad na�ve. use whatever device suits you best. And, when you find a device that has an improvement over what we are using, please share. Just please do not come simply to bash, as that is a waste of our time.

06-25-09 02:51 PM
    The problem with the Storm that it can not even answer a call reliably without lagging. The more complicated task, the more lag.
    Rationalize all you want, but we all know the "multitasking", "push email" "bla bla bla" arguments are complete boloney.
    06-25-09 03:19 PM
    The problem with the Storm that it can not even answer a call reliably without lagging. The more complicated task, the more lag.
    Rationalize all you want, but we all know the "multitasking", "push email" "bla bla bla" arguments are complete boloney.
    Digital's rational points has been nicely ignored... Good job, RC!

And those point are only complete boloney to you because you know they're true, valid points and can't find a rational argument against it.

I currently have 8 apps running at the same time. Where's this lag that I'm supposed to see?
    Last edited by Zipster; 06-25-09 at 04:56 PM.
    06-25-09 04:52 PM
    get the storm 1 now

get it from amazon for just $50

wireless.amazon.com
    06-25-09 08:39 PM
36 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD