Hey everyone,

Just having some problems uninstalling apps. I tried going through the aplication list on the phone and deleting from there, and even through desktop manager. Problem is, desktop manager doesn't list all the apps, and when tried it from there (ie; Beweather so I can get the upgrade), it just archives it!! How do I get rid of the archive....as fr as I know, the archive still takes up space in memory, and when I tried installing new versions of the software (ie; Beweather), it just loads the old version!! Geese this is annoying!! I would hate to wipe my phone and start from scratch again adjusting everything to how I like it. Thanks for any advise guys and gals!!

P.S. I did look through other posts about this and still couldn't find anything I didn't do already.
    02-04-10 01:41 PM
    Archived programs generally occur if you DL something from AppWorld. Go into AppWorld>MyWorld and it should list BeWeather as being archived. You can delete it from there
    02-04-10 01:42 PM
    I did go into app world and tried deleting from there as well.....it just shows the icon of the app, but darked out. Is this just something with app world? I'm considering really just wiping the phone, but I would like to know that BB's are a little more advanced than that where if you try and delete things, you don't have to go through a three hour process to get things back to normal, you know?
    02-04-10 01:56 PM
    In my world, highlight the archived app and hold ALT and type R S T.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-04-10 02:17 PM
    I did go into app world and tried deleting from there as well.....it just shows the icon of the app, but darked out. Is this just something with app world? I'm considering really just wiping the phone, but I would like to know that BB's are a little more advanced than that where if you try and delete things, you don't have to go through a three hour process to get things back to normal, you know?
    I hope it doesn't really take you three hours to do a wipe and install I had this same issue when i upgraded to the 2.1 beweather. I just ended up wiping and loading up the new hybrid at the same time. But keep in mind, even after wiping, most of those app files will still be on your device memory anyway. If you go into file explorer/device memory/blackberry/appworld... all your old apps should still be there. Albeit, uninstalled. Hope that helps
    02-04-10 02:27 PM
    After uninstalling have you tried a physical battery pull?
    02-04-10 02:28 PM
    The easiest way to solve the archiving problem is to just delete app world until you need it. Its memory management is horrible. Unless you need an app, there's really no reason to keep it installed. IMO.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-04-10 02:49 PM
    Actually, the easiest way to fix this is:

For keyboard based blackberries: Hold down the ALT key and type r s t

For the Storm (or Storm 2): Hold down the number lock key (?123) till it locks, then type 3 4 (

Works like a charm.
    02-04-10 03:07 PM
    The knowledge on here is endless.

Thanks Kroaker.

Just out of curiosity, how did you know that?

(This should go into the "Tips and Tricks" thread.)
    02-04-10 03:38 PM
    Right click start, then click explore then program files, common files, research in Motion,app loader. Click on the loader Icon and once you get to the app loader screen uncheck the box next to the app you want to uninstall and then hit next.
    02-04-10 03:46 PM
    Thanks again guys! Seriously...I can't believe how much more information and help you get on here than anywhere else. They should install a shortcut to this site on your BB just because of al the help you can get. I did try the restart (phone prompted for a restart after deleting app), and App World actually deletd itself off the phone!! What a joke RIM! How did you guys remove your BeWeather, and install the new upgrade? Will the key I initially got after buying BeWeather work on the upgrade? Thanks again in advance!!
    02-04-10 07:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD