I uhhh.. had some issues falling asleep last night so started playing at the computer. I got into photoshop and started monkeying around. Figured I'd try and do up what I thought a Storm 2 would feel like in my hand based on the other odin photos that popped up previously. I think I did an alright job. Start with a Storm 1, layer on some Onyx sidewalls, photoshop over some buttons. Just need to brush up on my cgi skills then maybe we can get a video up of this creation in action.

After really "visualizing" it in my hand, it seems that the BlackBerry 9550 should be a pretty nice device -- really what the first BlackBerry Storm should have been. Feels nicer in the hand (no fish hooks on the battery door) and less "buttony" - the buttons integrated into the display the rubberized buttons make it seem more object-like vs. gadget like, which is kind of cool. Definitely an engineering improvement as far as form factor and look/feel go. As for the SurePress... funny thing. When the unit is powered off (remove the battery) the glass is fixed - it has no movement to it at all. Yet when you photoshop a battery in and power it up, the display then has a bit of movement to it (NOT like Storm 1 click in and out a lot).

Stay tuned.....
    07-15-09 12:17 PM
    NICE! Finally!
    07-15-09 12:19 PM
    So you got the ok to post? Great stuff Kevin
    07-15-09 12:20 PM
    "battery in and power it up, the display then has a bit of movement to it (NOT like Storm 1 click in and out a lot)."

Very interesting
    07-15-09 12:21 PM
    Very nice. I'm curious though: How "off" is the SurePress when the battery is in compared to when it is out?
    07-15-09 12:25 PM
    Looks like this will be the next blackberry I get...based on looks alone its beautiful! My choices were the Onyx and the Storm 2 but now im leaning more toward the S2. Good stuff Kevin!!
    07-15-09 12:28 PM
    This is great stuff. Please tell me it is not like the touch screens that have a vibrating sensation when touched. I don't like those. I love my Storm but would rather have a touch screen that doesn't move...as mine "wiggles" a bit now that it is going on six months old. So...can you power yours up and use all the functions? The early pictures didn't go past the authorization screen.
    07-15-09 12:30 PM
    I have a feeling this is closer than we think. The dummy mock up showing up in Verizon's inventory and the official model name and specs that have been leaked to the internet...here's hoping this is available in August - in time for my birthday!!
    07-15-09 12:34 PM
    I think a Vibrate feedback response would be awesome, as opposed to click / surepress.
    The less moving parts, the better.
    07-15-09 12:38 PM
    Wow, great pictures. I'm excited for this device.
    07-15-09 12:41 PM
    I think a Vibrate feedback response would be awesome, as opposed to click / surepress.
    The less moving parts, the better.
    As long as you could turn it off. I do not like a vibrating response on a phone. Too artificial. But if you could turn it off...that would be fine.
    07-15-09 12:43 PM
    Wow amazing. Is it just me or is the screen a tad bigger than the 9530 Kevin?
    The screens are different in color when off which makes the 9550 look larger. But if I am not mistaken they are the same size. Maybe Kevin could post some pictures of both phones on...for comparisons sake.
    07-15-09 12:44 PM
    Nice! Thanks Kev!
    07-15-09 12:45 PM
    We want live action!!!
    07-15-09 12:46 PM
    I thought it looked bigger. but after seeing the picture close up they do look the same. thats why i deleted the post lol didnt want to people to flame.
    07-15-09 12:48 PM
    I got into photoshop and started monkeying around. Figured I'd try and do up what I thought a Storm 2 would feel like in my hand based on the other odin photos that popped up previously. I think I did an alright job. Start with a Storm 1, layer on some Onyx sidewalls, photoshop over some buttons. Just need to brush up on my cgi skills then maybe we can get a video up of this creation in action.

Yet when you photoshop a battery in and power it up, the display then has a bit of movement to it (NOT like Storm 1 click in and out a lot).

Haha, classic!
    07-15-09 12:48 PM
    I uhhh.. had some issues falling asleep last night so started playing at the computer. I got into photoshop and started monkeying around. Figured I'd try and do up what I thought a Storm 2 would feel like in my hand based on the other odin photos that popped up previously. I think I did an alright job. Start with a Storm 1, layer on some Onyx sidewalls, photoshop over some buttons. Just need to brush up on my cgi skills then maybe we can get a video up of this creation in action.

After really "visualizing" it in my hand, it seems that the BlackBerry 9550 should be a pretty nice device -- really what the first BlackBerry Storm should have been. Feels nicer in the hand (no fish hooks on the battery door) and less "buttony" - the buttons integrated into the display the rubberized buttons make it seem more object-like vs. gadget like, which is kind of cool. Definitely an engineering improvement as far as form factor and look/feel go. As for the SurePress... funny thing. When the unit is powered off (remove the battery) the glass is fixed - it has no movement to it at all. Yet when you photoshop a battery in and power it up, the display then has a bit of movement to it (NOT like Storm 1 click in and out a lot).

Stay tuned.....
    So since you have now had two posts (the first being the "name all the blackberries and now this one) with pictures of the Storm 2 and RIM has not had you take them down...I assume they don't mind...which makes one think the new Storm is close....very close.
    07-15-09 12:51 PM
    New Call/End Call orientation?
    07-15-09 01:00 PM
    Is the accent the same peuter sweetness found on the verizon tour or is it crome like the first storm/sprint tour? It looks like the verizon tour coloring with the onyx side buttons but wanted confirmation.

thanks!
    07-15-09 01:10 PM
    Man kev your photoshop skills easily trump mine anyday lol
    07-15-09 01:13 PM
    I like what I see; thanks for sharing your photoshop skills with your people. I believe I will forgo the opportunity to get a tour and wait for this device...then make my decision.
    07-15-09 01:43 PM
    Absolutely phenomenal ... Your photoshop skills I mean. Thanks for sharing Kevin! I am even more excited for the Storm 2 design GSM touchscreen rumored to be coming. This device looks great. I am super excited for the less clicky screen too.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-15-09 01:50 PM
    I am even more excited for the Storm 2 design GSM touchscreen rumored to be coming.
    What is this? Is it different from the Storm2 pictured?
    07-15-09 01:55 PM
    nice pics. kevin,great job.
    07-15-09 02:03 PM
    This might turn out to be good the less clicky the better. Less time to wait for the screen to recover from the first response..this will def make texting better I hope ...maybe they will further implement multitouch into the storm 2 that will really make me a happy stromer
    Last edited by luniboy26; 07-15-09 at 02:21 PM.
    07-15-09 02:19 PM
207 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD