so i went into best buy just messing around with my girlfriend and we were alking by the cell phones and the guy came up an asked if i needed any help and i said no, but then i asked him if he knew anythin about the blackberrystorm2 release date, i was expecting a no i have no idea, but he said actually we had a store meeting about it yesterday and it should be comming out around the end of next month. I was very susprised.
    06-16-09 02:43 PM
    makes sense to me that a best buy sales rep would know before any carrier would
    06-16-09 03:00 PM
    right, and it will drop 2 weeks after the Tour. Right.
    06-16-09 03:12 PM
    Doubt it,

It was stated in a thread on the OS forum that the Storm 2 is not even in carriers hands yet. As slow as VZW is about releasing things, I doubt they would be done testing the Storm 2 that quickly. My guess is the earliest we will see it is this Fall.
    06-16-09 03:21 PM
    And this begs for the next question, after VZW released the Storm 1 way before it was ready and all of the bugs it had and still has do you realy want a storm 2 that is rushed to market with an unfinished OS and who knows how many bugs??? I think they need to finish the storm 1 before they even think about releasing the storm 2. One unfinished phone is enough isn't it?
    06-16-09 03:34 PM
    if i had to venture a guess i would look for the storm 2 to come out around the same time it did last year...late novemberish.
    06-16-09 03:50 PM
    While I want this to be true as well, it's most likely your boy had this phones confused and was talking about the release of the Tour (9630). But hey, I'm all for a July release of the Odin...
    06-16-09 03:56 PM
    I want a July release of anything Storm related...
    06-16-09 05:58 PM
    I work @ Best Buy and no meeting has taken place. I'm great friends with the mobile manager and she has heard nothing. She relays all blackberry news to me.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-16-09 09:10 PM
    I hope RIM does not rush this one out and make it another storm fiasco with the quality issues
    06-16-09 09:20 PM
    I want a July release of anything Storm related...
    I just want them to take their time and get it right this time. If they rush the Storm 2 to the market like they did with the original Storm, I'll lose even more faith in RIM.
    06-16-09 09:29 PM
    Really? Seriously? It's not gonna be coming out the same month as the Tour.
    06-16-09 09:32 PM
    Seriously...don't get your hopes up for anything before Nov.

06-16-09 10:09 PM
    This is silly. After some of the hype I was hopefull about an odin release just around the corner but then common sense kicked in.

06-16-09 10:38 PM
    ............and im the coolest guy at shenanigans

plz tell me someone has seen that movie??
    06-16-09 10:43 PM
    These threads will never end!
    06-17-09 06:24 AM
    Put on your marketing hats.

The Storm (1 or 2) is a consumer device. They will bring it out during the biggest consumer sales period of the year. End of story. We are looking at November/December just like the Storm 1, bugs or no bugs. RIM is a business and they are going to act accordingly.
    06-17-09 06:34 AM
    July would be great, but I don't see that happening. Christmas (Nov/Dec) sounds more reasonable.

Grey
    06-17-09 08:15 AM
    Ummm shouldnt it pass FCC approval BEFORE a release date is announced to 3rd party vendors?
    06-17-09 08:40 AM
    so i went into best buy just messing around with my girlfriend and we were alking by the cell phones and the guy came up an asked if i needed any help and i said no, but then i asked him if he knew anythin about the blackberrystorm2 release date, i was expecting a no i have no idea, but he said actually we had a store meeting about it yesterday and it should be comming out around the end of next month. I was very susprised.
    Chances are, he was thinking you meant the Tour - that would be more in line with the supposed release date for the 9630, and if they just had a meeting about it the day before it goes along with VZW's announcement about it.
    06-17-09 09:49 AM
    All this will do is **** current storm useres off!!! Not that we're not al ready pissed!!!!!
    06-17-09 10:25 AM
    I talked to a friend who's cousin works for best buy and he said that that cousin talked to a friend who works for sprint but married to a girl that works for Verizon, and her boss said that a secret meeting with another guy that is a member of CrackBerry that said there is a rumor for a release date
    06-17-09 10:32 AM
    I talked to a friend who's cousin works for best buy and he said that that cousin talked to a friend who works for sprint but married to a girl that works for Verizon, and her boss said that a secret meeting with another guy that is a member of CrackBerry that said there is a rumor for a release date
    I talked to a friend whose dentist's cousin is married to the brother of a RIM rep who said that joke is getting really old
    06-17-09 11:36 AM
    I talked to a friend whose dentist's cousin is married to the brother of a RIM rep who said that joke is getting really old
    As for all the threads saying someone talked to someone that is really a no one with information that is completely un true
    06-17-09 11:40 AM
    ............and im the coolest guy at shenanigans

plz tell me someone has seen that movie??

06-17-09 01:25 PM
69 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD