I was replying to the comment below in the "Storm 2 to be dropped by UK Vodafone" thread, when I thought to myself...what's happened to the buzz and support for the Storm2?

I know I'll probaly get a lot of people chiming in here how much they love their Storm2...but seriously, do you really think you are getting the best out of your Storm2? If you honestly are then good for you...but me, I dunno man...I was hoping for a lot more, at least by now...

Vodafone discontinues it, here's to hoping other carriers will announce it, that means more Storm2 9520 in the air. Isn't that actually better? Vodafone, even if being the world's largest carrier, reaches only a small audience of BlackBerry users (at least that is my understanding). Having the Storm2 available from other carriers hopefully also encourages competition and makes the acquisition of a Storm2 more affordable.
    I think you're right. The more people its made available to, the better. But is it too little too late???

I wish it wasn't a Vodafone exclusive to begin with. Contraints like that only holds back development, I mean the Storm2 was already a RIM niche product. This phone has been out for like, four months now? yet we STILL get shafted by developers and companies that seem to think this phone doesn't exist...e.g Dictionary.com, Engadget, Natwest Bank, TVGuide.co.uk and METRO paper app just to name a few.... No doubt a lot of the negative views on this phone result from the shakey launch of the Storm 1, which obviously left many owners permanently scarred, and we all know bad news spreads faster and further than good.

I don't know about you guys, but I had high hopes for the Storm2, however its getting really hard to stay faithful and content with my purchase when everytime I turn on the TV, read a tech blog or open a magazine...there is ANOTHER useful/fun app/service being released on the iPhone and no support for the Blackberry Storm2.

There was a nice buzz in this forum when the phone had just released, and maybe I was being too optimistic...but I really thought the buzz would continue a lot longer...and we'd have a mammoth amount of apps released for it plus a growing community of users...but sadly it has not been the case, instead all I see is threads and threads discussing the same old apps...

The theme around most Storm users is basically... live in hope

What do you guys think?
    Last edited by The Gift; 02-11-10 at 11:09 AM.
    02-11-10 10:49 AM
    Didn't read most of what you wrote, but I agree the Storm 2 is supposed to have so much going for it like Open GL and the whole bs widget thing and where the heck is any of this.

Getting frustrated that leaks are slipping out for the 8910 and 9100 but all the Storm 2 can scrape by with is one single measly leak.
    02-11-10 11:27 AM
    It will be the same thing that happened with the 9530 by the time it gets really cool the Storm 3 will be out.
    02-11-10 11:28 AM
    no offense but many users who used to have a storm like myself, then used the storm 2 didnt have much...excitement. same thing different name i guess??
    02-11-10 11:40 AM
    no offense but many users who used to have a storm like myself, then used the storm 2 didnt have much...excitement. same thing different name i guess??
    There was the excitement of things to come. When each OS for the 9530 arrived you saw improvement(and it really really needed it).

Now we have nothing
    02-11-10 11:53 AM
    To sum it up Storm 1&2 are the same phones with different problems and glitches. I honestly don't see one being better than the other really. IMO that equals 0 hype. Trust me if the handset was considered extraordinary or ground breaking in any way there would be buzz all over like Droid and IPhone, there you have your answer.
    Last edited by Bettermost; 02-11-10 at 01:45 PM.
    02-11-10 01:41 PM
    ^^ I totally agree with Valace2...I'm so frustrated that I actually went and *gasp* looked at the iphone.....but I need the whole BB thing so I will stick around....but it is frustrating especially since we went through exactly the same thing with the S1....one thing is for sure - no matter how cool the S3 is, I for one am not getting it....
    02-11-10 01:44 PM
    ^^ I totally agree with Valace2...I'm so frustrated that I actually went and *gasp* looked at the iphone.....but I need the whole BB thing so I will stick around....but it is frustrating especially since we went through exactly the same thing with the S1....one thing is for sure - no matter how cool the S3 is, I for one am not getting it....
    No because the Storm 2 will prolly receive the webkit and the uber advancements about a week before the Storm 3 comes out the same way the 9530 receieved OS 5.0.

This lack of updates is depressing.
    02-11-10 01:48 PM
    The droid is ground breaking but it wasn't for me. The Storm series seems like the neglected child of blackberries haha. I'm really beginning to regret the purchase of my S2 since it never seems to be perfect. At times I love it but other times, I just hate it. I'm hoping the more leaks that come out the better it gets but so far we have gotten one leak and nothing since. I mean come on the tour is getting .484 and the Tour2 is suppose to come out soon.
    02-11-10 01:57 PM
    The droid is ground breaking but it wasn't for me. The Storm series seems like the neglected child of blackberries haha. I'm really beginning to regret the purchase of my S2 since it never seems to be perfect. At times I love it but other times, I just hate it. I'm hoping the more leaks that come out the better it gets but so far we have gotten one leak and nothing since. I mean come on the tour is getting .484 and the Tour2 is suppose to come out soon.
    All devices but the CDMA Storms are getting leaks or officials pushed out.
    02-11-10 02:03 PM
    .484 was just leaked.
    02-11-10 02:06 PM
    .484 was just leaked.
    Not for the 9550 but for the 9500 which is gsm
    02-11-10 02:07 PM
    Vodafone is no longer offering the BlackBerry Storm 2 from it�s online store or phone-sales channels.

We spoke to a source at Vodafone to confirm the rumour, but we�re not sure if it includes sales from retail locations throughout the country.

Despite being sold for only two weeks, the source said that lackluster interest and high-levels of returns had been part of the deciding factors in removing the Storm 2.

When asked more specifically what the faults seemed to manifest as, we were told that software and battery issues were the main crux of complaint, resulting in lots and lots of cases of handset freezing.

Coupled with the fact that the Bold 9700 launched at around the same time on Vodafone and is a �far superior� handset, it has now taken the decision to remove it fromits inventory.

Whether or not this decision will be permanent, or whether any other carriers follow suit remains to be seen.
    02-11-10 02:08 PM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f145/st...dafone-420004/

Despite being sold for only two weeks
    It was sold for way more then 2 weeks and is still on the website

edit: ***UPDATE***
    Since publishing this story, Vodafone is once again stocking the Storm 2 on its website. However, we have contacted a retail source who told us that “it’s a discontinued model”. Apparently when stocks have dried up (they’ve already sold out on phone sales) Vodafone won’t be receiving anymore, so if you want one you better stop by Vodafone’s web, or actual, store pretty sharpish.
    Last edited by hydroz_23; 02-11-10 at 02:33 PM.
    02-11-10 02:14 PM
    I hear you on the OpenGL thing. While certainly not a primary reason for my upgrading from the 1 to the 2, it was certainly something I was looking forward to. Thus far, I have one game on my phone that uses OpenGL, and that's PBA Bowling (Open GL was also the ONLY reason I bought this game, but found it pretty cool and fun once I got it). The graphics are clearly improved over those of other games, but hey....that's IT????

Didn't read most of what you wrote, but I agree the Storm 2 is supposed to have so much going for it like Open GL and the whole bs widget thing and where the heck is any of this.

Getting frustrated that leaks are slipping out for the 8910 and 9100 but all the Storm 2 can scrape by with is one single measly leak.
    02-11-10 02:25 PM
    IMO
    blackberry storm 1 sucked, black berry storm 2 isnt much better, black berry is crap, crackberry is basically coke cut up with a crappy OS, droid does, its pure
    02-11-10 02:58 PM
    IMO
    blackberry storm 1 sucked, black berry storm 2 isnt much better, black berry is crap, crackberry is basically coke cut up with a crappy OS, droid does, its pure
    Coke or crack doesn't matter. You can't polish a turd. IMO DROID SUCKS
    Last edited by hydroz_23; 02-11-10 at 04:14 PM.
    02-11-10 03:06 PM
    Where has the buzz gone? Well, you just have to smoke a little bit more each time....

But seriously, there wasn't much storm2 hype outside the bb community. In here, it's all love or hate, and hard to get a clear perspective. I personally don't mind having the red-headed stepchild of the bb spectrum, given that it does what I want wonderfully.

A newly-droided friend bragged about being able to run an ftp server off his phone. My response? Why. His messaging, typing, and email capabilities are behind mine, and that's what I value. He likes phone tricks. The general public is a john waiting to be turned into a trick. Get me?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-11-10 06:48 PM
    Where has the buzz gone? Well, you just have to smoke a little bit more each time....

But seriously, there wasn't much storm2 hype outside the bb community. In here, it's all love or hate, and hard to get a clear perspective. I personally don't mind having the red-headed stepchild of the bb spectrum, given that it does what I want wonderfully.

A newly-droided friend bragged about being able to run an ftp server off his phone. My response? Why. His messaging, typing, and email capabilities are behind mine, and that's what I value. He likes phone tricks. The general public is a john waiting to be turned into a trick. Get me?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I'm sure he gets his messages as fast as you do. Please stop with the "Droid sucks at messaging" nonsense.
    02-12-10 05:41 AM
    I'm sure he gets his messages as fast as you do. Please stop with the "Droid sucks at messaging" nonsense.
    Eh, if you look at my original post, I never said nor implied that the droid sucks at messaging. I said that the droid's messaging capabilities are behind the blackberry, which I think, from constant messaging back and forth with my friend, is true. I also said that he values phone tricks more, and my friend's valuations in that regard are in line with the general public. Please read more carefully or respond to more relevant posts should you wish to express the above sentiment.
    02-12-10 05:52 AM
    Eh, if you look at my original post, I never said nor implied that the droid sucks at messaging. I said that the droid's messaging capabilities are behind the blackberry, which I think, from constant messaging back and forth with my friend, is true. I also said that he values phone tricks more, and my friend's valuations in that regard are in line with the general public. Please read more carefully or respond to more relevant posts should you wish to express the above sentiment.
    Then I am confused. What makes the Blackberry's messaging capabilities so superior? Please don't say BBM, because that may be the single most overrated thing about Blackberrys in general.
    02-12-10 05:58 AM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f145/st...dafone-420004/

It was sold for way more then 2 weeks and is still on the website

edit: ***UPDATE***
    Since publishing this story, Vodafone is once again stocking the Storm 2 on its website. However, we have contacted a retail source who told us that “it’s a discontinued model”. Apparently when stocks have dried up (they’ve already sold out on phone sales) Vodafone won’t be receiving anymore, so if you want one you better stop by Vodafone’s web, or actual, store pretty sharpish.
    Well whaddya know...they've got it back on their site again Still doesn't make up for the fact how ignored this phone is...
    02-12-10 11:44 AM
    IMO
    stupid trolls, i hope the bridge collapses on you lol
    02-12-10 12:25 PM
    All devices but the CDMA Storms are getting leaks or officials pushed out.

I'm starting to get very frustrated as well by this, I can't believe we don't have an official OS update yet!
    02-12-10 12:54 PM
    Oh man i remember i was so excited when 5.0 os was leaked for the storm 1. remember those days? then i was making my own hyrid OS's lol
    02-12-10 12:58 PM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD