View Poll Results: Does your MMS work on the AT&T network?

Voters
22. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

6 27.27%
  • No

16 72.73%
    As the title says, does anyone with an unlocked storm 2 9550 have at&t mms successfully working? I am on the 428/436/451 hybrid OS and have sent the at&t service books plenty of times. I can do everything on my phone with no problems other than send or receive MMS and have tried everything to fix it.

When i try compose a message it just says 'no mms service record you can save as a draft only', any suggestions?

If you have it working and are willing to try and help me get my set up... contact me via PM or add me on BBM: 311c90b4.

Thanks.
    Last edited by aafevo; 01-21-10 at 12:48 PM.
    01-21-10 12:44 PM
    Anyone? I used method one in sending the service books on that big 'how to' thread for at&t... still no luck! someone please :-( otherwise just gonna have to return it.
    01-21-10 04:27 PM
    Try the How To thread again. It does work, you might have missed something
    01-21-10 05:54 PM
    Thanks I'll check it out later when I get back from class. I sent them twice I believe and when the phone connected to the network the AT&T icons disappeared. What firmware version are you using?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-21-10 05:58 PM
    I'm in the same boat as you are- it does nothing when I attempt to send an MMS- I can only save as draft- let me know if you come across any findings to fix this
    01-22-10 04:12 PM
    I'm in the same boat as you are- it does nothing when I attempt to send an MMS- I can only save as draft- let me know if you come across any findings to fix this
    What I did was go to the how to thread and do the 'for Wifi 9520/9550 users' and used that method. Took bout 5 minutes to get it all done. Working perfect now.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-22-10 04:26 PM
    Ok sweet I went through that thread again and MMS is now working good.

From what I can tell, everything on my Storm 2 on At&t is running great- email, web browser (no hotspot only issues) mms, only problem I am still stuck with are service books gone after a reboot

Hopefully a further OS/Leak can change this though, for now I'll just refrain from rebooting when possible
    01-22-10 11:12 PM
    Ok, I will take the flak for asking a stupid question, what benefits in the states are there for unlocking your Storm? I can see if someones personnel choice is that they just dont like VZW and would rather use another carrier. When the phone is unlocked is it difficult to switch carriers? I would like to hear from someone that bought the phone from VZW or a retailer and switched from VZW to another carrier.
    01-23-10 12:10 AM
    As long as your phone is unlocked (which can be done once through your wireless carrier or you can buy an unlock code for about $10 and do it yourself) you are open to use that phone on what ever carrier you choose- I personally chose (as I'm sure many other GSM Storm Users here on the forums) to use an unlocked Storm as it's an incredible piece of hardware with so many rich features and a beautiful screen- I missed having a large touchscreen and even with a Bold- it wasn't cutting it And seeing that Storm will most likely never go over to At&t and since I'm on contract and obligated to stay on their network, I had to obtain a Storm this method...

It is not difficult, you just have to do some hw and reading on the forums to know what tools and apps you'll need in order to have a Storm running properly on a GSM Network
    Last edited by Res215dg; 01-23-10 at 05:44 AM.
    01-23-10 05:41 AM
    The method for wifi/9550 costs $10... Can anyone tell me what is different about it from the 9500 how to?
    02-11-10 03:03 PM
    Ok, I will take the flak for asking a stupid question, what benefits in the states are there for unlocking your Storm? I can see if someones personnel choice is that they just dont like VZW and would rather use another carrier. When the phone is unlocked is it difficult to switch carriers? I would like to hear from someone that bought the phone from VZW or a retailer and switched from VZW to another carrier.
    Ability to use it on any compatible GSM Network.
    02-11-10 06:15 PM
    Here try this, it works.
    05-20-10 03:23 PM
    Here try this, it works.
    That PDF file does work
    05-20-10 10:02 PM
    That PDF file does work
    lol!!

10char.
    05-20-10 11:25 PM
    You still have MMS after a reboot?

Here try this, it works.
    I still lose them after a reboot. I followed both tutorials to a T. They just don't work for everyone. ACtually after I did this "legacy" thing, it just made my browser disappear after a reboot also. Just made it worse.
    05-21-10 10:11 AM
    well, i just paid the $10 for the Berryology "special" service books and it didn't work at all. Once i rebooted I lost MMS AND Browser. What a joke...
    05-21-10 01:54 PM
    well, i just paid the $10 for the Berryology "special" service books and it didn't work at all. Once i rebooted I lost MMS AND Browser. What a joke...
    Did you email that person about it?
    05-21-10 02:12 PM
    Did you email that person about it?
    Yup, i just did. Tried the friendly route, we'll see how that goes.

Luckily i backed up my data beforehand. I kind of knew it wouldn't work. I just had to restore it again and reboot and everything was back to normal.
    05-21-10 02:17 PM
    Yup, i just did. Tried the friendly route, we'll see how that goes.

Luckily i backed up my data beforehand. I kind of knew it wouldn't work. I just had to restore it again and reboot and everything was back to normal.
    Keep me posted on it or send me a PM please. Thanks
    05-21-10 02:23 PM
    Keep me posted on it or send me a PM please. Thanks
    No response at all.
    05-24-10 11:14 PM
    No response at all.
    I guess that person took the money and run
    05-24-10 11:17 PM
    I guess that person took the money and run
    Yeah. It's only $10, but i filed a Paypal dispute with the option for the seller to simple refund the money.

I wish i knew anything about service book files so I could tell what exactly was different from a generic ATT service book that i already tried.
    05-24-10 11:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD