09-04-09 07:09 PM
    nice !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    09-04-09 07:10 PM
    That's impressive... Maybe I'll wait for the Storm to compare it in-hand vs. the Tour.
    09-04-09 07:55 PM
    I never thought I would see anyone typing that well on a touchscreen.
    09-04-09 08:13 PM
    link is not working
    09-05-09 02:01 AM
    Dead link.
    09-05-09 06:58 AM
    SWEET! i cant wait.
    09-05-09 07:27 AM
    .... wow. I cannot type that fast on my freaking Curve. CAN'T WAIT.
    09-05-09 08:09 AM

For all of you who can't get the download to work. Get it before Google removes it from YouTube!
    09-05-09 09:01 AM
    Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrreat video as well as phone to.
    09-05-09 09:05 AM
    Quick Caveat: I'm a huge fan of the Storm 2 and I'm looking forward to its release. i also appreciate all Sal's insight and input.

I saw the vid and was pretty impressed. then I tried the exact same thing on my Storm to compare. I typed the same text quicker, with 100% accuracy, using just one thumb.

I will concede that the Odin seems to switch to/from the number keyboard layout a little quicker; but for me this video in and of itself doesn't prove a major inferiority of the Storm 1's typing capabilities
    09-05-09 09:35 AM
    I typed the same text quicker . . . using just one thumb.
    Please don't exaggerate. That's not physically possible, whether on a touch screen or regular keyboard.

That would be like observing someone type on a computer keyboard at an unusually high pace, and then commenting that you can do the same with one hand.
    09-05-09 10:07 AM
    I too tried the same on my storm and saw little difference. Nevertheless, I was still impressed and am eagerly awaiting the release of the storm 2.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-05-09 10:32 AM
    Holy crap haha, i dont think i could ever type that fast on an phone.
    09-05-09 10:44 AM
    Holy crap haha, i dont think i could ever type that fast on an phone.

He types like a young girl...mean FAST.
    09-05-09 11:34 AM
    Please don't exaggerate. That's not physically possible, whether on a touch screen or regular keyboard.

That would be like observing someone type on a computer keyboard at an unusually high pace, and then commenting that you can do the same with one hand.
    I'm not exaggerating. And I assure you, it is possible. And as far as being able to type faster than that on a regular keyboard, there simply isn't a contest there. I would blow that away with a regular keyboard. I think you're giving what looks very fast on this video too much credit. While it is fast, likely faster than what most people would be able to do, it is nowhere near unattainable.

As far as your second comment, your comparison makes no sense. The SureType layout is perfectly capable of accommodating one-handed operation, which is when I use that layout. Typing something one-handed on a regular keyboard designed for two-handed use is much different.

Perhaps if we made a similar comparison on the number pad of a regular keyboard, we could eliminate a few variables along the way.

But none of that really matters. The fact is: I started typing the phrase when the typing began in the video, and I finished the phrase before the typing finished in the video.

In any case, while I'm all about narcissism, I wasn't commenting on my typing speed or ability. My comment was aimed more at the capability comparison of the two phones.
    09-05-09 02:11 PM
    I have seen people on a regular cell phone typing at amazing rates and one of the most impressive ones was a friend of mine that can do it accurately with her eyes covered.

The nicest thing to see is that the new model coming out has made some major improvements on the first generation. I'm not saying that just on this video. Sal has been nice enough to post a bunch of vid's showing many of the capabilities along with some of the differences between the old and new. Even with the fact that his phone is on an older beta OS the improvements are enough to have a hard look at the Storm 2 when released.

What I saw in that video and the others posted is a new phone with a better screen, better software and all the capabilities that turned us all on to the original Storm. I never bought one due to all the posts on here, Blackberry and Verizon. This time I'll be one of the people to rate and comment on the Storm 2 once released.

Thanks again Sal, keep up the good work!
    I had my fourth opportunity to type on an IPhone last night and all I can say is Blackberry wins hands down, at least for me!
    09-05-09 03:19 PM
    Sweet, I can't wait until it comes out.

But for some reason, it looks sped up.
    09-05-09 03:33 PM
    Sweet, I can't wait until it comes out.

But for some reason, it looks sped up.
    There is another link on here where they address that. It is not sped up!
    Sal and I posted at the exact same time and I actually asked that this thread get deleted so all the comments were on the same link. This works!

Here's the other thread.
    VIDEO: Typing on an Odin
    09-05-09 03:41 PM
    Damn.... I REALLY can't wait for this phone. Im glad that I put off the storm 1 for this.
    09-05-09 09:46 PM
    that should have been the storm one for 2 reasons, rim would not have gotten enemies because of the bugs, and the storm 2 would be a bad A xD well more then this impossible, thats why i can not wait for the first storm 3 vid to get leaked hahahaha, it will probable talk to you or fly xD
    09-05-09 09:51 PM
    Wow. That was seriously nice, can't wait any longer for the S2.
    09-05-09 11:53 PM
    I'm not exaggerating. And I assure you, it is possible. And as far as being able to type faster than that on a regular keyboard, there simply isn't a contest there. I would blow that away with a regular keyboard. I think you're giving what looks very fast on this video too much credit. While it is fast, likely faster than what most people would be able to do, it is nowhere near unattainable.

As far as your second comment, your comparison makes no sense. The SureType layout is perfectly capable of accommodating one-handed operation, which is when I use that layout. Typing something one-handed on a regular keyboard designed for two-handed use is much different.

Perhaps if we made a similar comparison on the number pad of a regular keyboard, we could eliminate a few variables along the way.

But none of that really matters. The fact is: I started typing the phrase when the typing began in the video, and I finished the phrase before the typing finished in the video.

In any case, while I'm all about narcissism, I wasn't commenting on my typing speed or ability. My comment was aimed more at the capability comparison of the two phones.
    Video, or it didn't happen.

Period.

One person : Has a video = Credible

Another person: "says he types faster with one finger" = A person typing something somewhere on the intrawebs with as much credibility as me saying...

I typed the same thing but even faster with my LEFT pinky toe, and I am not even ambidextrous.

You see that it's true...cause I said so, I am so not exaggerating
    09-06-09 05:50 AM
    It is possible to type at a minimum, twice as fast on S2 as S1. No comparison.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-06-09 06:15 AM
    Nice! But I can't type this fast, not even close; so with regard to that, the capabilities of my Storm 1 are sufficient for me ...
    09-06-09 10:01 AM
48 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD