I'm starting this thread

(and yes I know there are others already out there talking about it)

because I think VZ needs to know many of their customers are upset about

bing being forced onto out beloved BB 9550!

No options to change this inconvenient browser configuration? the only thing i could think of was downloading the Google search app from Blackberry appworld.....

I would like to download the google search app directly from them but the site seems to be down...

anybody else experiencing this?
    12-19-09 01:08 AM
    Dude. Read the freakin forum. There's an ENTIRE 30+ page thread on this already.
    12-19-09 01:21 AM
    Well I don't have to worry about this

But I do agree; Verizon shouldn't be forcing a certain search engine for BB's.
    I'd understand for the Omnia 2 or another WM device, but a "neutral" device like BB's? Ridiculous.
    12-19-09 01:23 AM
    If you knew there are others why did you start this thread? You added nothing at all that hasn't been said numerous times in the 30 page thread and others.
    12-19-09 01:57 AM
    Jdane,

The rumor is all VZW phones that are internet capable will get this push before it is over. The only exception will be the Google powered phones.

And even though I am posting to this thread keep in mind adding more threads to Crackberry about this are going to do absolutely no good. VZW has their own forum area on their Verizon Wireless website, That is the only place that you have even the remotest chance of any VZW people from seeing this issue.
    And actually it would be very interesting if we could take everyone that has complained about this issue on Crackberry to go over to the VZW website and start individual threads, maybe freeze up their forum area, that would get some attention.
    12-19-09 02:08 AM
    Man i hate verizon for going this route with the search engine.
    12-19-09 02:26 AM
    Me too. Me too..

I think all of us posting on their site at the same time is a good idea

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-19-09 03:19 AM
    Me too. Me too..

I think all of us posting on their site at the same time is a good idea

Cool lmao
    12-19-09 03:40 AM
    The second I lost control of my phone and what it has loaded to it was the very moment I rammed my storm 2 down vzws throat and got a Droid. No worry about Bing here. Or any other idiotic tactics they may try to pull. Its quite infuriating. Leave well thought out angry messages on planetfeedback.

12-19-09 06:57 AM
    Um... I just made the start page of the browser Google Mobile

Doesn't that pretty much take care of this "problem?"
    12-19-09 07:19 AM
    Just stick with opera
    12-19-09 08:19 AM
    The second I lost control of my phone and what it has loaded to it was the very moment I rammed my storm 2 down vzws throat and got a Droid. No worry about Bing here. Or any other idiotic tactics they may try to pull. Its quite infuriating. Leave well thought out angry messages on planetfeedback.

Let me get this right ... You rammed the BB down Verizon's throat and bought a Droid from them, keeping your plan, contract, etc ... And this made a difference to Verizon how?
    12-19-09 09:05 AM

You know, there is no problem. It's just that a few folks like to **** and moan about something and this is their "something". Geesh, what will they B-i-tch about next?
    12-19-09 09:07 AM
    The problem is lack of choice. There used to be a choice and now there isn't. I also made Google my start page and used launchpad to create a Google shortcut, that works well for me.

But again, where is the choice? I mean, even IE by MS and Chrome by Google gives you a choice of search engine.
    12-19-09 09:29 AM

???? THat will show them!??? Your still paying Verizon, so what do they care if you have a BB or a Droid?
    12-19-09 09:58 AM
    I'm not pleased that I lost my google search option from within the browser. However, I'm using Opera Mini so I don't really use the blackberry browser much. I don't know if there is anything illegal about them doing this, but I honestly think it's just a bad practice on Verizon's side since they are really going to upset a lot of people.
    12-19-09 10:43 AM
    I don't have the time or energy to read 30 pp. of complaints about VZ and Bing. Just hide Bing and set up your Quick Launch to include Google and Google Maps.

Bob
    12-19-09 11:19 AM

Not really, I like having my start page be the page with the address bar, the search bar, and the bookmarks section. With my page set to Google, I dont have that.
    12-19-09 11:56 AM
    So go take this to other thread with people upset. Don't pollute the forum with redundant threads. Is over where it belongs - under Verizon.
    12-19-09 12:03 PM
    12-19-09 12:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD