So, after having read the crap about the Bing search tool, I took my 29 day old Storm2 back to the Verizon store and said for $200/month, if you think you are going to take Google away from the browser preferences, your full of it.

To be honest, this whole BrowserConfig crap turned me off from the beginning (11/22/2008). However, I always had the option of hiding those Icons. But this browser provisioning, took me over the edge.

So, I dropped the Phone, dropped the BES, and will reduce my minutes next month, and start seeking out alternatives to the Blackberry. I don't like AT&T's network, but the keyboard on the Moto Droid does not work for me either.

This is a major sad day for me, but I'm doing this on principal.

TheWitness
    12-18-09 08:41 AM
    ok, im sure VZW will miss your service, oh wait you are still paying them....good job on the principal thing cause you showed them.
    12-18-09 08:45 AM
    Why not just use the google search app? It's free and can be added to a convenience key if you don't already have quicklaunch. All carriers will be eventually making deals and pushing the product they sold their souls for. Kind of like the sports stadiums now. Just a new world we are in. Doesn't mean you have to use it
    12-18-09 08:49 AM
    So, after having read the crap about the Bing search tool, I took my 29 day old Storm2 back to the Verizon store and said for $200/month, if you think you are going to take Google away from the browser preferences, your full of it.

To be honest, this whole BrowserConfig crap turned me off from the beginning (11/22/2008). However, I always had the option of hiding those Icons. But this browser provisioning, took me over the edge.

So, I dropped the Phone, dropped the BES, and will reduce my minutes next month, and start seeking out alternatives to the Blackberry. I don't like AT&T's network, but the keyboard on the Moto Droid does not work for me either.

This is a major sad day for me, but I'm doing this on principal.

TheWitness
    Hey bing is faster and has more useful features than google anyway at least for me. just try it you may like.
    12-18-09 08:54 AM
    Why not just use the google search app? It's free and can be added to a convenience key if you don't already have quicklaunch. All carriers will be eventually making deals and pushing the product they sold their souls for. Kind of like the sports stadiums now. Just a new world we are in. Doesn't mean you have to use it
    +1................
    12-18-09 08:55 AM
    ok, im sure VZW will miss your service, oh wait you are still paying them....good job on the principal thing cause you showed them.
    Why do you even post here? Honestly, AT LEAST every other post I see from you is attacking other posters. Its uncalled for, juvenile & reeks of the posts I see on Youtube or somewhere like that.

Why dont you actually contribute something instead of combing every thread looking to unleash your witty comebacks that no one asked for.
    12-18-09 09:01 AM
    I'm a little miffed about the Bing thing, too... but it's not a deal breaker for me. I do, however understand. Really, I do!
    12-18-09 09:04 AM
    I am attempting to make a statement (if ever so feebly). Trust me, I have other options. However, I will likely switch to something else soon enough, but likely at least until something changes, not with Big Red. I figure it's my phone, why the @!#$ do you have to do things like this.

Maybe I need to read the fine print. Likely, the amount I paid was "rent". Either way, its done now. And besides that, wife was complaining that didn't know how to disconnect from work. Nuf said.

TheWitness
    12-18-09 09:04 AM
    How did they take google away?
    12-18-09 09:06 AM
    Yep and im sure they will miss your $100 a month...
    12-18-09 09:08 AM
    Yep and im sure they will miss your $100 a month...
    Not likely.

TheWitness
    12-18-09 09:11 AM
    Right..sarcasm, guess I should have pointed that out then.
    12-18-09 09:12 AM
    It's just the fact that VZ has made a deal that lines their pockets, provides no additional benefit for us (the customer), and has forced them to remove functionality from our devices.

Obviously there are alternatives, but that's hardly what is getting most people upset. At least not this person.
    12-18-09 09:19 AM
    I don't understand this bing thing that people are complaining about. My search engine options are Google, Live Search, Wikipedia, and Dictionary.com. I default to Google.

I loaded up Bing about a month ago to take a look at it, decided I didn't want to use it, deleted it and that has been my only experience with Bing.
    12-18-09 09:21 AM
    Why do you even post here? Honestly, AT LEAST every other post I see from you is attacking other posters. Its uncalled for, juvenile & reeks of the posts I see on Youtube or somewhere like that.

Why dont you actually contribute something instead of combing every thread looking to unleash your witty comebacks that no one asked for.
    Yeah, that guy's the biggest **** on this forum. No wonder he has over 5000 posts. All BS crap of no value to anyone but himself!
    12-18-09 09:22 AM
    We already have a pretty active thread on this topic, lets take this discussion there....

http://forums.crackberry.com/f71/bin...engine-386198/
    12-18-09 09:23 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD